• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Schemes adding up...

Company bribed FIFA and Concacaf officials
    Doris Gómora and AP| El Universal
    12:10Sunday 31 May 2015

The figure of Jeffrey Webb, former president of CONCACAF and FIFA vice president, is crumbling apart. (Photo: ETZEL ESPINOSA / IMAGO7 )
    According to the indictment filed by the U.S. government against FIFA, CONCACAF and CONMEBOL officials, Datisa was created to obtain a US$317.5 million dollar contract for broadcasting rights by paying US$110 million in bribes.

The figure of Jeffrey Webb, former president of CONCACAF and FIFA vice president, is crumbling apart after granting worldwide rights to broadcast the 2015 Copa América 2015 and the 2016, 2019 and 2033 Centenario Cups to the company "Datisa", which paid US$40 million in bribes of a total of US$110 million to Webb and other CONCACAF and CONMEBOL officials.

http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/in-eng...af-106468.html

BLACK LIVES MATTER

So many thought Webb was the man to save FIFA!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

We killed our hand. Imagine Warner could have ran for President and so too could Webb if they had just been above board.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Given the nature of the FIFA organization could Anyone have got far without being corrupt?
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I get the impression these allegations are over reaching ,doesnt the association have a right to tie up marketing and sponsorship deals , how its sourced is the issue was it done legally with that countrys banking laws or the american banking system laws,this is where the fight will be.If it violates both we have a problem.

People think.
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I thought he was. How can you replace a Jack Warner and then get appointed to all these committees that were to deal with transparency and such and then it turns out...I'm disappointed.

That was a bit naive on my part. Right now, I don't believe anyone in FIFA is fit to run the organisation, even if they themselves did no wrong.

The next FIFA president should come from a different business entirely. Do whatever they have to do to amend the rules for eligibilty but they need to start fresh with someone who may know what offside means.

I hope I never see another Traffic Sports banner on the perimeter of our National Stadium field.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post

I hope I never see another Traffic Sports banner on the perimeter of our National Stadium field.
              Will NIKE suffice? Just Do It!!!

Nike then agreed to pay a Traffic affiliate with a Swiss bank account an additional US$40 million.
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Aren't they saying these gentlemen extracted more than the actual deal was worth in order to fatten their pockets?

In the 2006 WC JW's travel agency married the sales of tickets (which were marked up well over face value) to providing other services, all substantially marked up. If you wanted one ticket to one match you couldn't. You had to buy two tickets to three matches and buy all your services through them for two at a cost of about $10,000 US!

The point is football tickets were to be sold unattached, no marrying, but that was just one example of how these people extort money from the average (maybe not so average) football fan. When the Traffics of the world have to pay thos bribes, who ultimaely foots the bill?
                Peter R

Comment

There you go, Jangle.
                  Tell im fi wi!

The amount of cash running around within FIFA makes it certain that there shall be corruption. It depends on how it is done legally or illegally.

Just imaging if those the USA have marked as corrupt and whom we willing claim as being so, had passed resolutions, duly minute same, approved within FIFA's and the countries within which they operated legal framework, that is, voting themselves the exact same amount of dollars they took but doing so legally?

They could only be spoken of as being unconscionable. Well within 'names' such as rapacious. ...but no USA or other country could touch them. Look FIFA is akin to a multi-national entity awash with billions. ...and the managers, like those who run such, pay themselves handsomely within legal guideline.

...as I said, arrogance will get the 'thief' most times. These FIFA boys became so full of themselves that they thought they could do anything and get away with it. They were 'sloppy'. The next set will not be so! ...but I would bet that 'the next' after and 'the next'...and the farther this stink falls behind/as the years move further and further away another arrogant bunch with repeat the folly of Blatter, Jack and the rest and 'new Blatters, Jacks', etc. shall rise!

Huge amounts of dough...greedy as men are wont to be shall step in and some will become sloppy!
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I should have said tax and banking laws,this is a webb that will be fought along those lines.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                      Look FIFA is akin to a multi-national entity awash with billions. ...and the managers, like those who run such, pay themselves handsomely within legal guideline.
                      I don't understand that.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Nothing about the Germany bribe of rocket launchers, selective prosecution mi say, maybe thats how the banking shitstem in germany and saudi arabia works.

Comment

Who can prosecute Germany for sending weapons to Saudi Arabia???.......And on what grounds would you prosecute them???

Comment

Originally Posted by Karl View Post

Look FIFA is akin to a multi-national entity awash with billions. ...and the managers, like those who run such, pay themselves handsomely within legal guideline.

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                            I don't understand that.
                            Fair enough!
                            So let us deconstruct it!

- FIFA is akin to a multi-national entity?
                            It is, isn't it? It is but let us rewrite/'re-say' with slight modification:
                            FIFA is a transnational entity = it operates across many borders. It operates/has a presence in many nations!

Agreed?

- (FIFA)...awash with billions?
                            It has been reported that its various deals and tournaments are hauling in billions. Hell this USA indictment claims the named individuals took unto themselves 150 million dollars. ...and that claim is within the limited scope of the investigation.

You should also consider that it is reported that FIFA has more than 1 BILLION POUNDS sterling in reserves!

So awash with billions is not an overstatement. Right?

- That now brings us to the comparisons with multi-billion corporations/entities. Right?

Any simple "google" of such like companies turn up stats on payments to those in top leadership raking in multi-millions of dollars. The process by which those compensation packages are constructed is, "Boardroom decisions". Matters not how the Boards construct compensation packages committees save they are legally done. Who sits on such committees and methods used to arrive at those committees voted positions is 'policy approved'.

FIFA - Blatter and the boys needed only 'go that route' and $150 million voted selves as percentage of the combined billions and management of "World Football" would or could (if you wish) be par for the course comparing like to like legitimate business.

- That brings us to the final point = a conclusion (if you wish)
                            Blatter and the boys became arrogant and by-passed the more tedious (...and reasonable arguments can be made that it was not more tedious?) legal 'tried and true' method for 'silly' methods that have them where they are now!!!

Trust that helps!
                            Christ roll eyes!

*Let me not even make it more difficult for you by delving into how going 'legit' would have allowed Blatter and his boys to reward selves with even more than the 150 million during that same period covered by the indictment.
                            Last edited by Karl; June 7, 2015, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Thanx USAF,you answered all my questions,legal gun pun.

Comment

Working...
                              X