After all these years almost to a man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After all these years almost to a man

all fans here mistake "popping" when totally uncalled for = to being skilled at playing the game. Too many go even further and think being a "popper" = being a skilled player.

Truth across the various levels from say, U -15 upwards the players best adept at "popping" are found in the bottom rungs on quality of players.

The better players are always the players who 'perform smartest'. ALWAYS!!!

Unfortunately in Jamaica most of the smartest with top physical attributes are overlooked by those who have the responsibility of selecting our teams.
    In a nutshell most of our best talented footballers are labeled as having "no skills" and discarded. The mark against them - never expressed in the following exact words - is, "did not pop enough! = did not play stupidly often!" Just too sensible...good a playing for our liking/selection!!!
    Last edited by Karl; June 18, 2015, 11:52 AM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

"Popping" is a very good skill to have; the real issue is knowing when to use it, or not!
    Peter R

Comment

Football is popular around the world, not just Jamaica, because of "popping". Women's football suffers because there is no "popping".

The best players in the world, are "poppers" - Messi, Neymar, Ronaldo and Sanchez!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

hugo sanchez?

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
          "Popping" is a very good skill to have; the real issue is knowing when to use it, or not!
          There you go!
          Wish our 'selectors' understood that!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

the 50 million flop...remember him?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Hugo? Oo name suh? Alexis mi wenna talk!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                Football is popular around the world, not just Jamaica, because of "popping". Women's football suffers because there is no "popping".

The best players in the world, are "poppers" - Messi, Neymar, Ronaldo and Sanchez!
                ...and of those 4 who are your best players in World?
                All are forwards! Logic suggests that the regularity with which forwards are chosen as best in the World defies extrapolation of the numbers!!!

Therefore sensible persons would rationalize that something is wrong with that 'message'. The facts on it are wrong!

Just think on it, how many players perform in positions other than as forward? If we even overload on forward position and claim 5 persons on each team perform as forwards there would be 6 others who would not be in the mix! Commonsense...the "laws of averages" suggest it cannot be that year over year, despite quantity players in other positions, 'forwards are overwhelmingly earmarked "best players". NONSENSE logic makes that so [NONSENSE and logic? Does not normally compute but I am hopeful you understand that it really suggesting the claimed answer is not one reached by using logic]. Ice cold logic is ignored in favour of emotion...that is what logic tells! (smile).

Conclusion: You may well be wrong on those being the best players in the World!!!

In my opinion of the 4 only Messi is in the group of the current best players in the World. The others too often play the fool in games!!!

...and my qualification on Messi is, only over the last two years is his sensible plays on the plus side as opposed to his idiotic plays. His last World Cup was the only time he consistently more often than not played sensible over 90 minute periods.

Neymar, Cristiano Ronaldo - (not to confused with the great Ronaldo of Brazil...who was 10 time the player Cristiano is) -, Alex Sanchez - up to his last game for Chile -, have proven they cannot cut it at the highest of tournaments even as they are supported by very top quality players. Turth is, these guys often play the fool with their country's and national teams fortunes = they play like fools in these tournaments!

Last edited by Karl; June 18, 2015, 12:18 PM.

Comment

After this, I don't know any more!

Tuffy Anderson?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Thats whyAlonso, Macherano,Eissen,Pirrilo to me are rated amngst the best in the world, take them out on the to of their game in teams that won titles,its questionable how much those teams would have won and their jobs are defensive and ball management.
                    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

A true call a talk cause mi see Messi and Neymar a try bruk man inna Copa like a Spain dem deh .
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Cricket sounds can be so annoying,can someone please counteract it with sounds that are more pleasing to the ears..
                        Last edited by Rockman; June 18, 2015, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                          After this, I don't know any more!

Tuffy Anderson?!
                          Trus mi, based on your statements here over the years, I believe you! You just go with what you read or hear. You find it difficult to separate individual player's perform from that of contributions made by those around them.

Look at Alex Sanchez as an attacker!
                          How many touches does he get in each of his games?

How many times his plays slow his team's attacks?

How many balls does he lose per game?

How many passes does he attempt per game and his success ratio v the most successful passers of the ball?

What is the %age of his TEAMs' strikes at goal is his quota (...not just on target but all attempts)?

Do you have stats on good passing options he has when on the ball and how often he uses same?

Alex has top quality players around him: How often he gifts the ball to the opposition and his TEAM-mates retrieve the situation? (i.e. what do the numbers show on his poor play being 'papered over' by other players' performances?)

There must be 'speaking' to the truth on so-called top players positive plays v their mistakes/negative plays that discounts the one or two pops that benefit his TEAM???? Right???

...and of course in judging the importance of Alexis Sanchez's worth, his defensive qualities and work plus his impact on his TEAM's attitude must be factored in...but how can his 'wrongs' be overlooked in the 'glare' of determining his worth and only his 'good'/his 'rights' considered? Is it not about weighing the pluses against the minuses and vise versa?

Just saying...

Comment

What is Sanchez overall contribution???

Isn't that the first and most important question?
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Of course!

but mek me hask yuh sinting: Yuh r ear wah mi did seh? Mi hask yuh dat causen iffen yuh did ear mi yuh wudda neva hask dat deh question

Comment

Working...
                              X