• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honduras is a good team...

...but the USA is better.

2-1 win
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Honduras appears to play better football, to me but as the saying goes, "goals win matches". This tournament is far from over for the Honduran team that I saw tonight. They will go far.

Comment

they certainly surprised the US.

The Panama vs Haiti game was a snoozer.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I hate American commentary on football matches. The friggers break in the middle of play to show flashbacks of a series of earlier tackles. WTF
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
          I hate American commentary on football matches. The friggers break in the middle of play to show flashbacks of a series of earlier tackles. WTF
          The US commentators are also quite ignorant of the game...not to mention insufferably biased
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

How so???
            Have you seen them play leading up to the Gold Cup???........Pinto has changed how this team plays and they are adopting his personality. This is a coach that's in your face & doesn't back down, and he & Klinsmann have had their run in.......They knocked Hernandez out of the Gold Cup.

If you check Klinsmann's interviews prior to the game, you could see that he was concerned & you could see that he was nervous at the game. That's why he started Alvarado over Gonzalez (faster & more athletic), and made sure that the 2 wingers, Yedlin & Zardes, contributed so much in defense.

Comment

Just what I saw on the field. The US didn't seem ready, Lazy tackles, giving away the ball easy and not building plays. Yes we know Honduras is a good team but the way the US approach the game is what I am talking about.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

You're wasting your time. They have been doing this for some time now and Fox Sports is just awful. After sitting through their boring & irritating commentary, you have Lalas & Wynalda with more BS. At least ESPN will hire British commentators who speak when it's necessary & has something constructive to say.

I guess this is Fox Sports reward for their deal with MLS.

Comment

From the highlights I saw of the U.S./Guatemala game, last week, they look the same and Klinsmann wasn't happy then. He said that their movement, passing & speed with the ball was poor.........I pointed out to HL that I wasn't pleased with the squad, when it was selected, but we'll see if they improve. Someone told me that the women's team wasn't impressive at the start, but got better in each round, so I'm hoping that will happen.

Comment

It is a fact that the women's team wasn't impressive at the start.

Sometimes it is hard coming of a high beat Germany and Netherland can work against you. I also hope Jamaica realize that and get back to basic as we are in a fight.

Let us see the improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                      They were saying it was "physical play"... but they only showed Honduras tackling the Americans, conspicuously leaving out equally physical American tackles on the Hondurans. American commentators have been doing this siht from the time microphone mek. KMT. Cyan tan dem!!
                      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Working...
                      X