Sterling for £49m? The Gamble and the Curse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sterling for £49m? The Gamble and the Curse

Nominative determinism suggests that a person’s name influences their character, and even the profession they go into. Clearly Raheem Sterling was always destined to be connected to a lot of English money.

At £49m, Liverpool are left with around £39.5m to play with after QPR get their cut. And while it’s not nice seeing another star player want out, at least the club are getting good value for their wantaways. If Liverpool’s reinvestment of those big fees has yet to inspire (although this summer will hopefully prove different), at least no one is taking the club lightly anymore.

http://tomkinstimes.com/2015/07/ster...and-the-curse/
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

This just means Southampton have some more money fi collect.
    The next 3 generation of Raheem's family will be OK.

Comment

lol

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
        Nominative determinism suggests that a person’s name influences their character, and even the profession they go into. Clearly Raheem Sterling was always destined to be connected to a lot of English money.

At £49m, Liverpool are left with around £39.5m to play with after QPR get their cut. And while it’s not nice seeing another star player want out, at least the club are getting good value for their wantaways. If Liverpool’s reinvestment of those big fees has yet to inspire (although this summer will hopefully prove different), at least no one is taking the club lightly anymore.

http://tomkinstimes.com/2015/07/ster...and-the-curse/
        Disgrace, do you agree with this statement from your guru, your god Paul Tomkins?

I’m happier to have the ‘unfashionable’ James Milner at the club, and willing to give his all, than the Raheem Sterling we experienced from the late winter onwards.

It is a YES or NO answer. You either agree, or disagree.
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Of course I do,that's what we attract or dug ourselves into, mediocre players willing to give their all, can't blame them,moreso the shitstem.

In other words... Yes.

Comment

X, you are soooo Xcitable!!!
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Of course I do,that's what we attract or dug ourselves into, mediocre players willing to give their all, can't blame them,moreso the shitstem.

In other words... Yes.
              So who in LFC squad is not mediocre? (according to you)
              "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Not mediocre asscording to me ?...Bway dem under a mediocre coach suh di whole a dem aguh function at dat coached level. Even Lucas who did look like quality , one time valued at 30 million now wi lucky if wi get 5 mill, seriously Sterling a liverpool last big sale, memba mi tell yuh, watch how di squad value drop after dis season.

Mi tell yuh lang time fi study inna yuh accounting class, when yuh buy , yuh buy fi increase value in a sports franchise (appreciation), yuh coach depreciate the squad(money spent ) to what FSG buy it fah...kiss mi teeth bout dat im spen so far , or approaching it.

Sterling sight di rake and run,seriously yuh blame im ?

Comment

Not mediocre asscording to me ?...Bway dem under a mediocre coach suh di whole a dem aguh function at dat coached level. Even Lucas who did look like quality , one time valued at 30 million now wi lucky if wi get 5 mill, seriously Sterling a liverpool last big sale, memba mi tell yuh, watch how di squad value drop after dis season.

Mi tell yuh lang time fi study inna yuh accounting class, when yuh buy , yuh buy fi increase value in a sports franchise (appreciation), yuh coach depreciate the squad(money spent ) to what FSG buy it fah...kiss mi teeth bout dat im spen so far , or approaching it.

Sterling sight di rake and run,seriously yuh blame im ?
                  So you have touched on 3 things:

1. Di whole a dem aguh function at [a mediocre level b/c of the coach]
                  2. Player purchases are to increase the value of a sports franchise and
                  3. Sterling

#1 - were the team functioning at a mediocre level when we came second? What happened to the coach from that season to the next? You say it's the coaching, I say it is because you can't have a transfer committee dictating who is bought to a coach. It virtually never works. Coutinho, Mignolet, Skrtel, Can, Henderson, Ibe, Sturridge all would command higher prices than what we bought them for - under THIS coach (except Skrtel, he was Rafa's boy).

#2 - your own maestro Tomkins wrote a dissertation on transfers and how well they work out - if you are at 50/50, you are doing tremendously well. By your measure, Rafa's purchases (post 2005 Champions League) would have branded him an abysmal failure.

#3 Sterling has to operate in his own best interests. No one is "blaming" him for wanting to leave no matter what the reason. What my issue is that between him and his agent, they handled it without any dignity. The interview with the BBC was out of bounds and Ward calling Carragher a knob was undignified. I wish him the best...but woa be to him when him reach river Mersey next season!

Now...run along. One day u ago fin u brain...it is probably in Manchester

Comment

Just an FYI... IN ACCOUNTING, "depreciation" has NOTHING to do with increase or decrease in value of an asset. Therein ends your accounting lesson for today!
                    Peter R

Comment

Duh betta dan dat , explain it to me.Let me see if it makes sense comparable to the two semesters , i took in college.

Yuh claim yuh ave di degree , not me.

Comment

Duh betta dan dat , explain it to me.Let me see if it makes sense comparable to the two semesters , i took in college.

Yuh claim yuh ave di degree , not me.
                        Disgrace, so true you took accounting, can you help me with these questions please? In keeping books for a sports team, do you know if they "depreciate" (i.e. expense the purchase price of player) over the term of the player's contract? Or do they recognise the transfer fee as an immediate expense? Do you know how the American teams handle it when no cash is exchanged, but only trades are made? And in the case of a kid a club develops from boyhood - i.e. no transfer fee to acquire him, how is the capital gain determined? Tenk u!

Comment

#1 One season doesnt make a coach , especially when you have Saurez, abetter measure would be what he has done in three.If you can give him credit for (a) season why or how can you not asses the other 2 to make a determination of a future patten, basically 2 seasons in midtable out of 3,isnt favorable odds for a coach that has lost two of his brightest assests.The real test should be how he adapts when he looses one of those assests , now its two !

#2 I agree with Tomkins and he went onto say even with Rafa failures he brought more value to the club i.e He credited Sterling purchase and sale to RAFA !

#3 LFC wasnt any Saint in this , coming out on T.V and stating that he was offered a massive package and hinting he is being ill advised will only do one thing, create hositility.I make no apologies for Ward, granted I agree with him about Carragher.

Comment

#1 One season doesnt make a coach , especially when you have Saurez, abetter measure would be what he has done in three.If you can give him credit for (a) season why or how can you not asses the other 2 to make a determination of a future patten, basically 2 seasons in midtable out of 3,isnt favorable odds for a coach that has lost two of his brightest assests.The real test should be how he adapts when he looses one of those assests , now its two !

#2 I agree with Tomkins and he went onto say even with Rafa failures he brought more value to the club i.e He credited Sterling purchase and sale to RAFA !

#3 LFC wasnt any Saint in this , coming out on T.V and stating that he was offered a massive package and hinting he is being ill advised will only do one thing, create hositility.I make no apologies for Ward, granted I agree with him about Carragher.
                            #1 - you were calling for the man head from before ball kick off in season 1 - so don't come wid your revisionist history. Rodgers will be given 2 more seasons by FSG, who realise that they are outclassed money wise which is why they are trying to bring in yournger and younger talent to hedge their bets moneywise. Rodgers has not been given a fair shake.

#2 - Rafa's signings were over a 6 year period - big difference!

#3 - whatever you think of LFC's role (good/bad) makes no difference to the way the player handled it.

Comment

Yuh ave sense? yuh think education gi yuh common sense ?...yuh spen yuh money , fi add value inna yuh life .Yuh think club different ? Because a man spend a 100 dollars on material after im sell $200,if im can build $400 outta dat , nuh value im a look.

Claffy ....I thought appreciation was an increase in assest value and depreciation was the opposite.If a man uses his assest (materials) and nurtures it to a product that the market will pay more than the initial assest isnt that appreciation, isnt that why clubs have youth clubs, isnt that why Rafa bought Sterling for 600 K .

Teach mi something , mi a listen.

Comment

Working...
                              X