I just heard that one to the coach's terrible errors was

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just heard that one to the coach's terrible errors was

setting up his defensive outfield line at the edge of the penalty-area. The alternate wished for was setting that line 40 yards out from the Reggae Boyz goal.

Sense or Nonsense?

As someone who dabbled at playing. I would just love playing against that 40 yards from goal last outfield line. The space behind those 40 yarders would be ideal for, with my running start and when we mixed it up, my TEAMmates running start, getting the jump on the defenders on 'over-the-top' or diagonal balls 'between-the-lines'.

Great nice space for 'running-on' (to balls). Ideal space in which defenders are left and 'goalie caan com' or 'goalie affi gamble pan judgement an im pace'.

You decide...unfair criticism of coach and 'nonsense wish'/'turkey shoot' or fair criticism as that 40 yards space, for some reason does not invite 'target shooting' on my REGGAE BOYZ and the coach's goal?

Your call?
    Last edited by Karl; July 27, 2015, 08:05 PM. Reason: Insertion of word
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

I said top of the 18 yard box or line ,which puts pressure on the defense ,all it means is that mexicans has a yard to get into the 18 and we are in trouble.

Your defence should never sit so close to the 18 and thats what we did ,giving away the midfield.You can argue it worked to take us to a final,but as you say if Haiti had the shooting boots like the Mex had ,we would be out,we cant take that into qualifiers.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I agree with you X. If a defense play too deep, then they are asking for trouble.
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Is the top of the penalty-area where our coach's TEAM' our Reggae Boyz, most often made their stand too deep?

I say no they did not ...and followed up by asking, what say you to those who suggested the coach was wrong?
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Cry me a river.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

they were instructed to to stop at the top of the box...unfortunately they didn't always stop

Comment

What did you see, i suggested that they set it up or push up closer to the centre circle or midway between the center cirle and 18 yard line,which would mean we play the offside trap,if you noticed we hardly did play that trap,which leads me to believe the coach doesnt trust us to be that intelligent in the back.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Experts (MAXWELL TUN FOOL) Slam Lack Of Plan, Slow Transition In Cup Final
                Share on googleShare on twitterShare on facebook
                Published:Tuesday | July 28, 2015Marc Stamp
                Previous
                Next

AP
                Jamaica’s Je-Vaughn Watson and Mexico’s Jonathan Dos Santos battle for the ball during the second half of the CONCACAF Gold Cup final on Sunday in Philadelphia. Mexico won 3-1.

Two local football experts have blamed Jamaica's slow transition plays for the loss to Mexico in the Scotiabank CONCACAF Gold Cup final on Sunday night in Philadelphia, United States.

Mexico captured their seventh Gold Cup title with a 3-1 win over a Jamaica team playing in the final for the first time in the nation's history.

Veteran coach and tactician Geoffrey Maxwell says that the team showed lack of a game plan. He said they just did not know what to do.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/s...tion-cup-final

Comment

Mattocks' Omission Was Tactical, Says Coach
                  Share on googleShare on twitterShare on facebook
                  Published:Tuesday | July 28, 2015
                  Previous
                  Next

File
                  Mattocks

PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania:

ONE GOOD turn generally leads to another. That wasn't the case for Darren Mattocks in Sunday night's CONCACAF Gold Cup final between Jamaica and Mexico, when the 24-year-old striker was not handed a starting place.

Head coach Winfried Sch‰fer explained in the post-game press conference that "it was a tactical" decision, as he wanted Simon Dawkins - with whom he has been alternating the starting place - to press their midfielders for a tighter defensive system at the start of the game.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/s...cal-says-coach

Comment

Working...
                  X