I like Claudio Ranieri as a coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like Claudio Ranieri as a coach

I remember the honesty and enthusiasm of his tenure at Chelsea and was most impressed with his determination to learn English I order to give interviews and watched with keen interest as his English improved tremendously throughout that season

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

.....ever seen Sergio Aguero in an interview?

Bless his heart with his limited english...kinda funny though.

Ever listen to the boxer Gennady Golovkin (triple G) doing an interview? Amusing as hell
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

.......welll ok, here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hdk1uQ70c4

this is the short interview...if you keep it on the link, it will automatically forward to the 3 minute + interview.
      Last edited by HL; August 21, 2015, 01:24 PM.

HL

Comment

Carlo Ancelotti impressed me most. In the weeks before he became Chelsea's manager, he started learning english in a language intensive tutorial lab in Italy. By the time he was presented by Chelsea of the manager, he was doing press conferences in english, albeit his english still a bit halted.

These language labs are great for teaching the language to people in a short time. Back in my college days, I had a German classmate who learned english in two months before coming to school. He said he did not know any english before and I was surprised at his proficiency considering his history with the language.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
          Carlo Ancelotti impressed me most. In the weeks before he became Chelsea's manager, he started learning english in a language intensive tutorial lab in Italy. By the time he was presented by Chelsea of the manager, he was doing press conferences in english, albeit his english still a bit halted.

These language labs are great for teaching the language to people in a short time. Back in my college days, I had a German classmate who learned english in two months before coming to school. He said he did not know any english before and I was surprised at his proficiency considering his history with the language.
          The most impressive I've seen--is when I worked at New York College of Osteopathic Medicine. A student from China studying medicine... and learning english in his first year!!

HL

Comment

pep guardiola went the whole hog in learning german before his Bayern tenure begun. those little details are indicative of attention to detail

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

This morning I was thinking about Pellegrini of Man City. Dealing with players speaking different languages. Also the interaction of players speaking different languages.

It's an incredible job to cultivate team chemistry on and off the field. Coaches like Pep, Ancelotti, Pellegrini and those sorts are extremely special.

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                .....ever seen Sergio Aguero in an interview?

Bless his heart with his limited english...kinda funny though.

Ever listen to the boxer Gennady Golovkin (triple G) doing an interview? Amusing as hell
                Kinda funny? Not more funny than listenin' to your bredrin (let's just call him X) trying to string together a decent coherent sentence in English to'...him definitely a speak a farin langridge. LOL!!!!
                "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post

Did they have a patois to English lab?
                  "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                    Kinda funny? Not more funny than listenin' to your bredrin (let's just call him X) trying to string together a decent coherent sentence in English to'...him definitely a speak a farin langridge. LOL!!!!
                    No you dii'nt.

Oh shiiiit, you went there Marin....you better duck!!!

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                      Did they have a patois to English lab?
                      FBI & CIA have English...US English to our dialect
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

for who? Frank Sinclair?

Comment

this is true

Comment

Any big coach has this challenge... what the norm is, is that non-native English speaking coaches are the ones who tend to be bi- or multi-lingual.

You forgot Mourinho and Benitez, just to add two to what must be a long list.
                            Peter R

Comment

Working...
                            X