Liverpool 1st clean sheet since Aug 24th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liverpool 1st clean sheet since Aug 24th

Thanks to BR for sorting out the defence for the next 10 years.

Jurgen Klopp takes charge of first Liverpool game, and differences from Brendan Rodgers reign are already clear
    Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool side full of endeavour and effort in 0-0 draw
    Klopp differed from Brendan Rodgers by taking the pre-match warm-up
    German employed a different system than Rodgers, with four defenders
    Liverpool fans in good spirits again with German flags at White Hart Lane
    READ: Jurgen Klopp 'satisfied' with Liverpool draw at Tottenham
    By DOMINIC KING
    PUBLISHED: 12:15 EST, 17 October 2015 | UPDATED: 12:40 EST, 17 October 2015

shares
    View comments
    Jurgen Klopp headed for the tunnel with his arm around Lucas Leiva and a smile on his face after launching his career as Liverpool manager.
    A 0-0 draw, full of effort and endeavour, was a reasonable start to life in the Barclays Premier League; his captain, James Milner, said that it will take time for Klopp’s methods to filter in, as he has only had a short time training with Liverpool’s squad.
    There were, however, clear differences in the way Liverpool played at White Hart Lane from how things had been under Brendan Rodgers and here Sportsmail analyses the changes that Klopp has managed to make.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz3orWyE7F8
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

mein Trainer!

A decent start! No complaints from where I sit. I only saw the last 15 minutes and it was good to see Origi on the field. I have to check his rating in the match, from independent sources.
    Peter R

Comment

Can you imagine, I wonder what changed, team played with grit today, every ball was challenged.

Comment

So now the attack! This is where LFC has been woeful! 8 For and 10 against was not going to see us (LFC that is) contend for anything. That has to change! I'm rooting for the new Trainer to get more goals out of less!
        Peter R

Comment

Behave!
          Peter R

Comment

It can only get better,Bentke and Fimino ,of course Sturry,coming back.I love the pressing.
            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
              Can you imagine, I wonder what changed, team played with grit today, every ball was challenged.
              Stoni - while I think a draw was a fair result, were it not for the heroics of our keeper, that could have been a loss for my Reds. Our defending is still not up to par, and of course, we can't expect a miracle with just one game from the new manager. What is particularly worrying for me - and this is squarely on the players - is that despite playing a more logical formation, and with better defensive purpose, we didn't create any chances of note other than Origi's tame strike and crossbar.

Klopp's success with these particular players will depend heavily on getting his midfielders to score. None of them today looked like they had intent except Can and Ibe (who came on late). The others looked like they had no purpose. It would have been understandable if someone would have been surprised that Coutinho started. Without being critical of any of the other players, the players that did well today for me were the two center backs, Can, Lucas and of course Mignolet.

There are 29 games left in the season, only 4 points of 4th, and a January transfer window where I expect to see some big $ spent. There's lots of time to get it right. Good start for the manager, but the players have to step up.
              "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Working...
              X