Chels v Liverpool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    It's one game against one of the worst teams in the league. Chill!
    As I said, him ago mek nize like seh him is a real LFC Supporter. Wagonist mentality. LOL!! Great win for the team. Finally getting goals from the midfield. I only just finished watching the game. My son's side had a game this morning (which we won ) so couldn't see it. Chelsea is really not playing very well, but very smart play by LFC, we didn't lie down after the goal and took what they gave us, pressing to earn the ball back and working very hard to create space in the right channels. Great win! Now...what of José? Aston Villa need a coach. Maybe him and BR ago fight it out fi the job that will undoubtedly open up at Norwich (or maybe Villa - dem hire Garde yet?). LOL!!
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

We were lucky to get a point,we were pathetic.

Comment

So who will take the Chelsea job? if he, JM, goes...
        Peter R

Comment

B.R .......lol.I wish them well.
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Is starting Firmino in that position up front the best place for him? My own answer is no, as he was not effective and really out of the game at least in the first half.
            I didn't see the second half...actually only the last ten minutes so I couldn't assess how he did when he reverted to more normal position for him... at least I think that's where he played the rest of the match.

I actually like that the coach is experimenting somewhat and playing a player "out of his position" as a variety of tactics need to be assessed and evaluated going forward.

Another question is: Should Benteke now be starting? assuming he is fully healthy. And, again, what is the best starting lineup once Sturridge, Ings (out for most of season apparently) and Henderson are healthy... forget Ings for now.

Our coach will have a nice "problem" on his hands, maybe? or is there a clear cut best starting line up including the now injured players?

Fans, waggonists and haters feel free to opine.

YNWA
            Peter R

Comment

Firmino can play anywhere in attack,thats his versatility,he has never been a prolific striker avg 1 goal every 4 games ,that said like Saurez he needs time to adjust to the Prem,from what i see ,he is being played into form, i would put him as an attacking midfielder but seeing that we are short of strikers ,we need him there, as for Bentke he is being played into match fitness,you notice what your coach did with Sturry,played him 60 plus min in his 1st game back and a full 90 min his 2nd game, Sturry hasnt been seen since,look how he brought back Bentke, slowly! pretty sure he is going to release the beast soon.As you said its a good problem to have having a healthy squad back,more options.Milner might be the odd man out ,Henderson will soon be back.

On Milner how does he get the vice captain band ? or Henderson the captain band ?....this is the qulatative divisive damage B.R has done,Klopp will rectify that in time .Milner looks as if he is gone next season maybe i am being harsh but ,i am pretty sure Klopp can get a younger player,better on a 1/3 of his salary ,he makes 150 k.Probaly from the youth ranks.Watch Texeria.(memba mi tell yuh )

Starting 11 ,give me DEC.
              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Klopp is bringing on people at a nice pace (and I do not have any problem with that). Every coach has to assess a player's relative fitness before introducing them back into the game. Benteke complained of discomfort in his knee after the Southampton match and he was sat out of the Bournemouth clash quite sensibly which any coach would have done. Sturridge's recent injury had nothing, from what I have read, to do with playing the amount of minutes you say he did, but from a clash of his knee to some part of Ibe in training. Again the coach has no option but to continue to sit him out through this, as was being done with him (Sturridge), Henderson, Gomez et al before his (JG's) arrival.

But just so you know, I predicted (to myself that if you answered) that you would find a way to introduce BR into a question I posed about LFC's current and future options and blame him for random sh!t...so my question is who do you give credit to for bringing along Suarez? under whose watch did Suarez come to the fore in the EPL? The two full seasons that BR was at LFC is when Suarez scored his most goals just FYI. I ask this because you quite correctly said that Firmino needs time to adjust.

But you see how easy it is to rationalize a coach's actions? regarding Firmino. If it were another coach it is possible that he could be accused of playing players out of position. I personally have no problem with what Klopp is trying to do as I mentioned in the post above and I urge him to continue to not just 5-10% more out of the team, but 10-20%. At the same time I recognize that these are just men, not God's to be worshipped or put on pedestals like some people do. JG like ALL coaches will make an error here and there but regardless of that he will be supported by genuine fans. Is Jose Mourinho a fraud BTW? him suddenly tun rux? or is he just having a bad spell?

Quick question: Don't google but what do you think Rafa's winning percentage at LFC in ALL games he was in charge of and what do you think BR's was. Don't spin and start tell me bout cup this and cup that, because I might have to tell you you lookin' for cup... is jus a joke... now don't get sweaty palms on this, Rafa has a higher percentage, but what do you think they are? ( I did not corroborate this by cross-referencing but I think the source is reliable). To help they are both between 40-60%.
                Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                  Klopp is bringing on people at a nice pace (and I do not have any problem with that). Every coach has to assess a player's relative fitness before introducing them back into the game. Benteke complained of discomfort in his knee after the Southampton match and he was sat out of the Bournemouth clash quite sensibly which any coach would have done. Sturridge's recent injury had nothing, from what I have read, to do with playing the amount of minutes you say he did, but from a clash of his knee to some part of Ibe in training. Again the coach has no option but to continue to sit him out through this, as was being done with him (Sturridge), Henderson, Gomez et al before his (JG's) arrival.

But just so you know, I predicted (to myself that if you answered) that you would find a way to introduce BR into a question I posed about LFC's current and future options and blame him for random sh!t...so my question is who do you give credit to for bringing along Suarez? under whose watch did Suarez come to the fore in the EPL? The two full seasons that BR was at LFC is when Suarez scored his most goals just FYI. I ask this because you quite correctly said that Firmino needs time to adjust.

But you see how easy it is to rationalize a coach's actions? regarding Firmino. If it were another coach it is possible that he could be accused of playing players out of position. I personally have no problem with what Klopp is trying to do as I mentioned in the post above and I urge him to continue to not just 5-10% more out of the team, but 10-20%. At the same time I recognize that these are just men, not God's to be worshipped or put on pedestals like some people do. JG like ALL coaches will make an error here and there but regardless of that he will be supported by genuine fans. Is Jose Mourinho a fraud BTW? him suddenly tun rux? or is he just having a bad spell?

Quick question: Don't google but what do you think Rafa's winning percentage at LFC in ALL games he was in charge of and what do you think BR's was. Don't spin and start tell me bout cup this and cup that, because I might have to tell you you lookin' for cup... is jus a joke... now don't get sweaty palms on this, Rafa has a higher percentage, but what do you think they are? ( I did not corroborate this by cross-referencing but I think the source is reliable). To help they are both between 40-60%.
                  Peter, the notion of a player being "played out of position" is old school football thinking. In my next license level, I am required to have an A-Licensed mentor. I am lucky to have one of the few UEFA-A licensed coaches in South Florida as my mentor (the fellow is now studying for his Uefa Pro - a license that you have to be invited to earn). I am also mentored by our club's DOC, a USSF-A licensed coach formerly with the Ft. Lauderdale Strikers who is moving me and another Jamaican along at the same time.

They have both said this to our youngsters (U15): "wanting to play your most favoured position is understandable, but if you want to become the player of the future, you must develop a high comfort level with playing in as many areas of the park as you can". Now to be careful, this doesn't mean your central defender and your striker should (or will be) interchangeable, but when circumstances warrant, (injuries, red cards, tactics etc.) players have to be ready to be moved around like chessmen.

I believe that today, Ashley Young played at right back (not sure why), and we've also seen Slurgie, Pelligrini, Rafa, BR, and others do similar on field maneuvers...so it shouldn't surprise us to see the manager experiment as we have no idea what has transpired on the training pitch or what gimmick they have up their sleeve. My prediction is that in 10 years, we will see versatility become more prevalent within a subset of a squad as managers need it when they are competing on 4 fronts, and in higher and higher levels of competition.
                  "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Just make sure those guys are not TORmentors! like some people can be.
                    Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                      Just make sure those guys are not TORmentors! like some people can be.
                      My mentors are great. I am learning a lot. The UEFA-A coach is only 28 and a FOOTBALL COACHING GENIUS! As for Firmino, I *think* that although the published formation was a 4-2-3-1, it really was a 4-3-3 with Lallana and Firmino alternating the striker duties, I have to watch the film again, but I recall Firmino dropping into the midfield quite frequently. As for what is our best formation withe a fully fit squad, here's what I can think of, but reserve the right to revise (and open to correction):

-----------------------------Mignolet
                      Clyne----------------Skrtel--------Sakho----------Moreno
                      ----------------Can-------Lucas-----Henderson
                      --------------Coutinho-----Benteke-----Sturridge

Comment

Working...
                      X