RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mosiah!!! I just saw a statement you made.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mosiah!!! I just saw a statement you made.

"Jamaica will soon dominate the MLS."

I don't think that will happen, because

1. There is a movement, in MLS, that hasn't been publicized, and that's teams are focusing more on & doing more "recruiting" from South America (especially from Argentina, Colombia & Brazil) and Africa (especially Ghana & Cameroon), as well as Europe.......A good percentage of these players range from 19 years old to mid 20's.......Orlando City FC are presently in Brazil to play Flamengo at MaracanĂ£ (part of Flamengo's 120th anniversary celebration), as well as doing some scouting/recruiting.

2. The problem is not a lack of "raw" talent, in Jamaica, but an absence of a national program to effectively develop & nurture that talent, to compete professionally & internationally, and the players will be competing against players from countries (some listed above) that invest in the development of their youth.

*As I've been suggesting, since the JFF isn't doing anything, the Jamaican clubs should seek affiliations with MLS clubs, or even USL & NASL clubs, to help with the development of their coaches, trainers & youth players.

USAF, whether we do or not is the least of my concerns. In fact, it is preferable that we don't!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
    X