Editorial: Horace Burrell Needs To Shape Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

???!!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Given what you stated ,promised a product ,what should fans do ?

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/11...rystal-palace/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ing-early.html
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

The issue is not that Powell was not nominated or supported by 4 parishes included his. The fact that major constituents iSSA, the rerferrees and Kasa abstain worries me. Show lack of leadership, I remember once my CIO asked an opinion and one of my colleague in leadership said he did not have an opinion and the response was you are paid to have an opinion. Those guys are elected to lead to sit on the fence is a slap in the face.

Comment

Okay.

Comment

PR shame on you to ask what Ja has accomplished under the Capt. Do you remember Havelange of Brasil? Well most didn't like him but when he left, the CBF was rotten rich. Havelange's influence spread even to the Caribbean. Most can now participate in the WC, which was mainly between S.america and Europe. UB40s can play for Ja using their club's medical insurance. FIFA doesn't take likely to "outsiders" if you are not anointed by an insider "dwag nyam yuh suppa" (Boxhill springs to mind). Hey if you guys feel that newbie who isn't tapped by an insider can make difference go ahead and make the Capt's day.

Comment

Therefore do you want a newbie with no inside connections or an old hand with inside connections? Pick your poison

Comment

Jawge,Jack had to go despite..

Comment

I will watch the next home game on tv

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Agreed

Comment

Ok. So we went to WC 98 and we (CONCACAF) now have 3 and 1/2 spots instead of 2... I don't remember when we got the extra half, but if memory serves the extra spots were achieved by Jack Warner and his influence, i.e. controlling a sizeable voting bloc. And UB40's can play using their club's insurance?? wow Jawge! (where is the jaw on ground emoticon?) So what role did Burrell play in getting extra places in WC? Please educate me for I genuinely do not know.

As for Havelange, that blazing symbol of all that is right with FIFA who gifted a Centre of Excellence to the CFU, only to have it appropriated by aforementioned JW, who claims JH gave it to HIM (JW)...and JH was ok with that? Was it his (JH) to give to an individual??

Anyway, it seems that you're okay with the corrupt, old boy side of FIFA and don't think there is any better way forward.
                      Peter R

Comment

Corrupt though Jack be, didn't he have to work his way through the ranks?

Give the Capt. a chance. Pull the Capt. and send in who? The club/firm or whatever you may call it won't accept them (if they are not tapped/anointed)

PR, the medical insurance is very important. The players won't travel to play outside of their clubs without it. It was a way to keep the African players with clubs in Europe.

Comment

Jawge, if ever there was a good time for the captain to vank, it's now. The dolly 'ouse mashup! Yuh nuh see dat? There ain't any more old boys network! Captain Rolodex is filled with names of persons who have been arrested, under investigation or simply tarnished.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                            Jawge, if ever there was a good time for the captain to vank, it's now. The dolly 'ouse mashup! Yuh nuh see dat? There ain't any more old boys network! Captain Rolodex is filled with names of persons who have been arrested, under investigation or simply tarnished.
                            Mi Belly!!!

Di man outa touch badbad eeeh

Time fi clean house an' bury di backward set wid dem backward policies...Fi reel
                            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                              Editorial: Horace Burrell Needs To Shape Up

Published:Saturday | November 14, 2015

Less than 24 hours before a major encounter in their campaign to qualify for the 2018 World Cup, Jamaica's senior footballers boycotted their training session and were instead locked in a meeting with local football administrators.

Horace Burrell, the president of the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF), emerged from that meeting after 90-plus minutes refusing to answer a reporter's question about why training was cancelled and what the meeting was about. He was flippant and dismissive all at once as he gave irrelevant responses to legitimate questions which were posed to him. Instead of answering the reporter's questions, he wanted to talk about whether fans would fill out the National Stadium for last night's game.

Once again, here is an individual who has been given an awesome responsibility, but who does not understand the meaning of accountability as part of a national compliance regime. Once again, here is an individual behaving as if the Jamaica football team is his private domain. It is quite disrespectful for Burrell to feel that what happens with the national team is a private matter, and that he is not required to give an account to stakeholders, i.e., the people of Jamaica.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/c...GWN_Y.facebook
                              I think it has been more than 10 years since it was suggested attacks on Burrell to change the JFF management style while well-intentioned misses the boat. I shall say it again; bring pressure to bear on those propping up Burrell! Burrell enjoys his position and support for his acts by those around him

Aside: If we open our eyes to Blatter's present woes we would have noticed that it is the cutting off of the legs of those who prop him up that has moved/shaken the ground under his feet.
                              Last edited by Karl; November 16, 2015, 01:15 PM. Reason: Correction
                              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                              X