HL!!! I see Atlanta United will be building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL!!! I see Atlanta United will be building

their state-of-the-art training facility in Marietta, Georgia......Is this a good location???
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2015/1...rters-marietta

Forgot to ask - What's up with you guys copying DC's name & colors???

See your boy, Freddy Adu, trying to rebuild his career.......Friday night I saw info & video highlights on his playing with Tampa Bay Rowdies (played only 8 games), and I must say he looked pretty good.......It's a pity he waited this long to heed the advice of some old coaches & some former national team players.......Hopefully he can impress in a FULL season, and convince Klinsmann to start adding creative, attacking players to the USMNT.

That is close to me. The NorthWest side of Atlanta is fastly becoming a bigtime sporting zone with The new Atlanta Brave stadium currently been build, The huge vacation Sports complex in Emerson and now the Training Complex and numerous youth sports and parks available. I will try and find out where it is. Marietta itself is very huge, maybe larger than Atlanta itself as it includes the town itself and sprawling suburb. Lots of parks, small museums, a nice town center where there is lots of festival and outdoor street fairs in the summer. Definitely will be able to take the kids to a few training sessions.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Sorry 'bout that Assasin, I forgot you also lived there. Thanks for the info.

Happy to see that the new MLS franchises are smart enough to realize that their training facilities & offices can be in the "suburbs" BUT their stadiums should be in urban areas with GOOD public transportation & easy access.......Colorado, Chicago, Dallas (having their best season but can't sell out their stadium) and New England (trying to move to Boston) are realizing their MISTAKE.

Comment

Four MLS venues named to FourFourTwo's "100 Best Football Stadiums in the World"

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2015/1...world-sideline

Hope their won't be any more NFL/MLS stadiums & artificial turfs.

Comment

Part of Marietta is very urban with a lot of Hispanic too and that is why the Braves move there as they will get more support there than downtown. Currently public transport in terms of train is bad in the ATL but they are trying to have a direct line to Mariettta.

The owner wanted to do it in DeKalb but cost and politics. DeKalb would be a good neigbourhood for this also

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local-g...of-mari/npHsW/

looking at the map and it is within the city of Marietta. The Braves stadium is not very far away.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The facility is on the new for several weeks now. The location is very strategic. lots of thoughts went into the decision.

A survey was sent out to members asking their input for name and colors. I am ok with the United bit. The colors??....neither here nor there.

Freddy...Freddy...Freddy, what can I say. I'm salt bad . This is his last hurrah.
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
            X