LFC: 40 million dollar problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LFC: 40 million dollar problem

A second half own-goal from Martin Skrtel and Georginio Wijnaldum’s stoppage time sealer ensured Liverpool were denied in their pursuit of a fifth straight win in the north east.

It was an afternoon to forget for Klopp’s men who produced their worst performance under the German’s guidance, and here are the talking points from the loss.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/12...2-0-liverpool/
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Eye-catching away wins have helped define Liverpool as a team that excels on its travels but has yet to click at Anfield under Jürgen Klopp. That black-and-white narrative was destroyed, fittingly enough, at Newcastle United. It is not where Liverpool play that dictates their performance level but who plays, and a fitful contribution from Christian Benteke cast doubt on his suitability to Klopp’s system at St James’ Park.

Liverpool stalled collectively to hand Steve McClaren a precious win as Newcastle manager and leave Klopp lamenting arguably the worst display of his reign.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...pool-newcastle

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

From what I have seen so far ,he has a poor 1st touch,needs space to find his form,which he wont get in the Prem.Bentke has no excuse in my book,he is acclimatised to the Prem,maybe not Klopps system,but seeing that everyone is finding a rythym,why has he lost his ? This isnt Villa where you were ignored to have your time on the ball ,this is Liverpool everyone wants a piece of the TRINITY.

Is he injured Sass,should we give him more time to adapt ? He will no doubt get it under Klopp,swim or drown !

Comment

So wha bout de odda ten man pan de pitch??

Yea, Benteke underperformed, but barring the defenders (Skrtel OG notwithstanding) who had a decent game, every one else also failed to impress. Ibe worked hard, but JK should have subbed him earlier, kept Firmino on and subbed Allen IMO. I agreed with leaving Benteke on as long as he did given that he only would have needed one touch to redeem himself. But i am not going to start second guessing the man in charge.

LFC also had a fair number of corners and they were pretty ineffective... that is something we (LFC i.e.) have to work on because when a team like Newcastle clog the lanes and fill the box with defenders, those set pieces become critical.

And how you recovering from the 2-0 Stoke gi unuh yessiday?? Don' worry, mi a feel it tideh miself!
        Peter R

Comment

Bentke is a Rodgers mystery,Klopp has him he has to solve that puzzle,but you sell a 35 million man Carroll ,who you claim is injury prone,immobile and dont fit into your passing game philosophy,Then proceed to buy a man for 16 million ,Ballo and play him in a formation which he isnt suitable in,better 1st touch and moves better into space,more flexible,loan him out and purchase another man ,like Carroll but has a worse 1st touch in my opinion,just as injury prone and isnt as mobile as him.

Bentke time at pool is limited,he cant start over a fit Sturridge,a Firmino who is going to find his touch once acclimatised(remember Saurez 1st season was a struggle) a on fire Danny Ings and a developing Origi ,lets not forget a convertable developing Ibe.

Memba mi tell yuh.
          Last edited by Sir X; December 6, 2015, 06:04 PM.

Comment

What am I to remember that you're telling me? You've said about a hundred things... and many of them are no revelations. From long time we know, Ibe, Ings Origi all have potential...

But anyway, all I'm talking about is today's match and why you focused ONLY on Benteke! We (LFC) lose today and you find a way to bring BR into the picture, and Andy Carroll? and yuh only focus on CB because the Guardian and TIA tell you seh is dat yuh mus focus on?

All I'm saying is many of the other players, including Ibe did not step up today! Ibe had a good game but he ran out of ideas when he got close to the box and ended up losing the ball. Where was Allen? and Milner? Yeah, dem was dere but only in spurts. The same set, many of them, whom you roundly applauded for not being starters but were able to mash up Southampton were very flat today.

The problem, Benteke aside (and JK says patience is needed and I agree) is lack of consistency! It's a work in progress. As I said, I am leaving it up to the man in charge to sort it out! Unlike you, I am not looking back, but forward

Anyway, Stoke mash unuh up yessiday good an proper!
            Peter R

Comment

Why focus on Bentke, i listed a 40 million dollar price tag, i gave you articles that suggested he was an impediment to LFC play , i put it to you given that price tag , his leeway to step up carries alot more weight than all the others.Granted he needs time, how much is speculative.

Thats all I am saying , am I wrong to make that point ? or would you rather me focus on those you have suugested ?

Comment

X,you are looking at the wrong end of the table,the top.. (Man U and Arsenal),relegation bound Newcastle is easily missed considering they are at the bottom end of the table.

Comment

Here is what I just wrote...Note the word in CAPS. I simply copied and pasted... this is what I refer to when I say you don't read with comprehension. Nowhere did I say Benteke , or anyone else should not be examined!
                  QUOTE:
                  "But anyway, all I'm talking about is today's match and why you focused ONLY on Benteke!"

Thanks. Try reading my post again without the usual hubris

And that "leeway to step up". Regardless of yuor price tag, you need to step up, if you not delivering the goods! an yuh waan talk bout "Xstandard". Kissteet!
                  Peter R

Comment

Did I say they shouldn't be examined ? I simply responded to your queries of my focus,I replied in kind as to why ?

Now you accuse me of not comprehending,Is it that you don't like the focus of my reply?

Odd isn't it,when a response is not to your liking, it becomes a comprehension problem on my part of course.

Maybe it's not so odd
                    Last edited by Sir X; December 6, 2015, 09:42 PM.

Comment

I understood your post clearly. The thread is about Benteke .And all I'm doing is asking rhetorically how come HIM ONE get single out today... why is that difficult to understand. Yuh gwaan like a Benteke one play Newcastle!

In other words... "hey X, you mentioned Benteke...now what about the others??? don't they have a responsibility too?" get it now??? capice?? comprende??

My first response was "what about the odda ten man?" and you want to tell me your response addressed that?? all you did was repeat your initial post. mi a waste mi time try chat tuh yuh!

Up to now you don' mention anodda player who was on the field in response to at least regarding their performance today. It IS CLEAR you have no interest in examining what went wrong today...IT CANNOT BE Benteke alone! You are simply pushing your anti BR agenda as usual. That is the only conclusion I can arrive at.

Yuh fi jes stick wid Man$ity!
                      Peter R

Comment

In other words you understood me and you chose to pontificate to play the @$$ because I highlighted the 40 million dollar striker ,at the expense of the cheap labor.

You can use focus instead on the word highlight to fit your semantics.....sidekick...lol

Comment

Who is the a$$? yes I understood you, AND then I tried (FOOLISHLY) to engage you in a conversation ( look back at the thread) about the other players and their role in today's loss... as I said, YOU HAVE NO INTEREST WHATSOEVER in LFC or its well-being. You are a hopeless pretender!
                          Stay a $ity!!
                          Peter R

Comment

Pontificate on why I chose to focus on Bentke ,i am sure a hint was given in the valuation being presented,then pick a semantic to verbalize how I lack comprehension to justify my ignorance,and I am sure we can have a beautiful conversation.

Like me say yuh a form di a$$.

Comment

Pontificate? I don't have a clue what you talking about. None. Have no clue bout any semantic... I'm lost, at sea, clued out, flabbergasted.. I don't know why I'm still entertaining you boborea )

You failed the test my friend, MISERABLY TOO. When big people try have a conversation and all you cyan duh is behave like an uncouth youth,you really deserve this and this tek dat an gwaan a yuh bed!

An mi a form di a$$?

Mi gawn...
                              Peter R

Comment

Working...
                              X