HL!!! Don't know if you saw the report, BUT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL!!! Don't know if you saw the report, BUT

it seems MLS is planning on "jacking up" the franchise fee for the next round of expansion.......It's reported that the fee will be $200M, up from the $110M, paid by LAFC, in 2014.
    * That $200M franchise fee is about $70M more than what was recently paid to acquire Swansea City FC - Is the increased FEE justified or is it greed???

Beckham must be very happy he negotiated that $25M franchise fee.

Originally posted by USAF View Post
    it seems MLS is planning on "jacking up" the franchise fee for the next round of expansion.......It's reported that the fee will be $200M, up from the $110M, paid by LAFC, in 2014.
    * That $200M franchise fee is about $70M more than what was recently paid to acquire Swansea City FC - Is the increased FEE justified or is it greed???

Beckham must be very happy he negotiated that $25M franchise fee.
    Few years ago when I was in grad school, a business course test question was: why do people go in business?

The best answer was: to make money.

I guess you have heard me say...it's not what fair--it's what's negotiable.

Look at the ridiculous over €100 ManDisUnited spent on Pogba. It is the fans who will pay based on increase ticket price.

Fans will hump & haw about the cost, but they will always pay. Fans are suckers.

My wish is that I will some day own an investment in one of these MLS money makers.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

OK!!!.......So do you think the increased FEE justified or is it greed???

Comment

It's what's negotiable........

It's only business.

The debate over justifiable of greed takes place in a separate domain. And that's ok; it has nothing to do with the business decision to raise the fee.
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Just heard that they also want to bring an Indoor Soccer Pro francise to the ATL too, from good source.

ATL United now have over 20,000 season tickets bought. The intention was to have about 25000 seat open to soccer but they may have to up that.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

So when you running for political office??? You answer questions like a true politician.......Try taking a definitive stand - You can do it.

LOOK AT THIS - It's not GREED. It's JUSTIFIED - Look at the increase in value of existing franchises, over the past 5 years.

Comment

Atlanta United is doing a very good job at developing & promoting their franchise.......Any word on who they're eyeing for the head coaching job??? Hope they not planning on "recycling" Sigi Schmid.

Comment

Working...
              X