No announcement yet.

The most Stupid rule by the US Soccer Federation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very well thanks. It was a good decision to come back for a little bit, think they have gotten a lot out of being back, but do think they will need to head back sooner rather than later.

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
      If they plan 7V7 with a retreat line so you bullfrog the back you would reduce heading,
      Agreed. This is part of the set up.
      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        No heading run for children under 11.

If a kid under 11 head a ball it is a foul. Now I see the ball going to kids and they are actually pulling out of the way. They are putting their feet up to try to get the ball. Isn't that more dangerous? Kids with proper heading techniques have to be pulling out of headers. Now wouldn't it be better to use a protective gear that they sell, that is more like an headband to take some of the impact?

I can see the US developing youngsters who are unable to head the ball at later age. Most of the teams I rearly head the ball that much and are playing on a smaller field with only 7 players on the side.
        My U10 boys played our first game of the season with these new rules...there are pros and cons. The pro is that the boys are now forced to try to control the ball with their chest or other parts of their body...the con is that they are now "getting out of the way" when the ball goes in the air, not always the right move and of course, they are not learning to head the ball. The biggest advantage is that it forces them to keep the ball on the ground.

The rule was introduced to reduce the incidence of concussion, and unfortunately, the headgears don't do that. The head gears soften the blow and are useful to prevent against abrasions, but not concussions.
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          An alternative was to use protective gear, no?

http://fortune.com/2015/07/07/protec...r-concussions/
          The headgear does not prevent concussions Sass...concussions are the rotation/forward/backward movement of the brain inside the skull. They could wear an NFL helmet and it wouldn't prevent concussions.

Comment

Paul some of the letting the ball drop on the ground. I was at the field and talking to a brethren about it and he was saying I was wrong when a ball from a corner come over and the defender actually turned his back to the ball. The other people close by started laughing. One you get use to pulling away from the ball at that age it is hard to bruck out of it. Now let me ask you on corners what the kids do? Now it make no sense you hit it in the air at all.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

So what happens if a kid decides to deliberately head the ball? ref whistles?
              Peter R

Comment

yep. I was at a tournament with my boys this weekend and the ref called all headers. Corners were a waste. The only thing I didn't see was a penalty from a header.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

As for that mercy rule, where you can't score more goals once you're leading by 6 clear goals - bull crap!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Wid a head big like yours, your headers would have been more powerful than a shot from Hector Wright............wow...look at the time
                    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

never seen that enforced. I know some teams will tell their kids stuff like 5 passes before you can score if they are way ahead. Some tournaments stop counting goal difference after 11 goals.

Comment

Yuh right! It nuh big fi ntn!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Ask Emperor if they enforce it in the league where he coaches. Teams are fined for violating the stupid rule!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Developing conditioned reflex to be poor at performing a vital skill!
                            Good going, US Soccer!
                            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                              I have been heading footballs from 1st form, when I was 11 years old. There was no adverse effect!

No adverse effect? Lazie please come forth give on your opinion on 'Mosiah's head!"
                              The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Dah talk deh need clothes, bredren. Seriously!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                                X