Opportunity beckons! - Colour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opportunity beckons! - Colour

Before we unleash our anger and seek to quench our thirst for success with blames, counter blames and counter counter blames let us resolve to fix what is an all too obvious failed, failing and misaligned football infrastructure. Cost it what it will, we must endeavor to take advantage of this wonderful opportunity to right our wrongs.

The next world cup campaign is a full 4 years away, the 2022 World Cup, our next possibility is six years away. Digicel’s commitment is set to run until 2020, Romai’s through to 2019, other stellar sponsors such as Courts, WATA, Stewarts Auto et al may very well remain with the JFF even if at reduced levels of sponsorship. That being as it is the timing couldn’t be better for all of us in football to coalesce our intelligence, passions, efforts and various resources to a football vision that CAN reap endless benefits. I will concede that results cannot be guaranteed in sports but I am emboldened by the success stories of Germany, Belgium, Spain, Panama, Costa Rica and Honduras who have all committed themselves to a national football vision. By and large all of these countries have used failure at one point or another to galvanize, renew and reestablish themselves with varying degrees of success.

https://afreekanborn.wordpress.com/2...unity-beckons/

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Besides the suggestion of coaching,i find the suggestion of club academies impractical ,same with the idea of fields.

Clubs can barely pay their senior players how do they finance youth academies,some genius here suggested that parents pay for it like they do in the states,again ignoring our economic situation.Wi bruk as a nation!

Same applies for wanting artificial fields,who is going to A) finance it and B) maintain it

I am disappointed nothing is mentioned of the school boy system we have,which is where we get these youths from,no suggestions on how to improve it in an academy sense ?

The best and economically feasible way is the coaching suggestion.Save the money you would waste on artificial pitches,the time you would waste on lip service about club youth academies.Concentrate on the foundation we currently have in the schools,see how we can tweak it,in a football academic sense to get the best out of it.Getting good certified coaches is a 1st step.

On the talk about fields,Georges have one of the best fields I have ever seen.Mandate and help schools to bring school fields up to date.We are an agricultural nation with expert farmers and agriculturalist,we caan grow and plant grass,or is it reserved for certain schools.i.e George's and JC.

Think practical economically!
    Last edited by Sir X; September 7, 2016, 03:20 PM.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Some useful ideas here....many of which have been discussed in this forum in different ways. Some other ideas which for me are non-starters e.g. "specialized sports schools" where the curriculum is light on academics.

Guess what?? Sporting concerns are very noice....but not important enuff to have schools dedicated to that activity in our current backward state. Many more national development concerns (to which we should dedicate education resources) are more important than sports.
      The guy is drinking his own Kool Aid with that proposal imo

He also doesn't mention the imperative to sweep away the administrative deadwood in the JFF before any change is possible....but given his position this is expected & understandable

Thoughtful yute tho. Too bad he doesn't "look like a coach"
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Every one down there seems hell bent on setting up some euro model of an academy.That has been beating to death post 98,look it will never happen.

We need to focus on practical economic solutions.Coaching ,partner with government,corporations ,John public on how to develop and maintain school fields.Educational aspects of coaching and youth development any other suggestions are pie in the sky red herrings.

I see schools with fields going to waste,e.g Adrenne.Ministry of agriculture ,JP ,JFF can come together and start a grass growing program and build a football field in every high school.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Point of order....

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
          We are an agricultural nation with expert farmers and agriculturalist,we caan grow and plant grass,or is it reserved for certain schools.i.e George's and JC.
          !
          The JC main field can in no way be compared even with Jawges training field...much less dem main ball facility. It's patchy, bumpy & uneven...just like our uphill/downhill running track along the periphery of that top field

JC has never invested much in football infrastructure...compared with Jawges or even considering our above average competition results

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Every one down there seems hell bent on setting up some euro model of an academy.That has been beating to death post 98,look it will never happen.

We need to focus on practical economic solutions.Coaching ,partner with government,corporations ,John public on how to develop and maintain school fields.Educational aspects of coaching and youth development any other suggestions are pie in the sky red herrings.

I see schools with fields going to waste,e.g Adrenne.Ministry of agriculture ,JP ,JFF can come together and start a grass growing program and build a football field in every high school.
            We are not Euro, can't afford Euro tings...nor do we need Euro-type facilities. That's overkill for us

Build our own affordable model....as countries MUCH poorer than JA have....and as our track clubs have demonstrated

It's not rocket science....but people worship dat European ball ting til dem tun fool-fool.

I just posted about the lack of innovation in JA...this is an example

Comment

Frustrating !

Comment

Food for thought: Our school boy system was the foundation for W98 in that I mean the spine of that team came out of Manning and Dacosta cup player's our greatest striker to date came from that batch.It gave us

Onandi Lowe
                Therefore Whitmore
                Pepe Goodison
                Walter Boyd
                Warren Barret
                Cargill
                Bebe

None of them came through a youth academy ,the nearest thing to it was school boy competition.Think about that for a sec ?

How much more could we get if we had better coaches and fields in that competition tweak it with our sports or teaching universities to implement and elite system.

That same foundation gave use our first qualification for FIFA youth tournaments.

It's criminal to overlook it as not being a part of the solution to development or simply as a source of raw seals.

Comment

Food for thought: Our school boy system was the foundation for W98 in that I mean the spine of that team came out of Manning and Dacosta cup player's our greatest striker to date came from that batch.It gave us

Onandi Lowe
                  Therefore Whitmore
                  Pepe Goodison
                  Walter Boyd
                  Warren Barret
                  Cargill
                  Bebe

None of them came through a youth academy ,the nearest thing to it was school boy competition.Think about that for a sec ?

How much more could we get if we had better coaches and fields in that competition tweak it with our sports or teaching universities to implement and elite system.

That same foundation gave use our first qualification for FIFA youth tournaments.

It's criminal to overlook it as not being a part of the solution to development or simply as a source of raw seals.
                  You're right....that...our most successful group emerged from skool ball.... inspired by Prof Simoes. But that's not the most efficient way to develop players. Simoes had to teach them the TEAM game over ~3 years, lots of travel & expense....and 100+ games together.

That's not cost-effective to do consistently....so players have to be developed outside that school system in order to supply a competitive national program

Skool ball is obviously PART of our unique, country-specific solution. It's the best supported league around with 100+ year legacy ingrained in JA DNA. That recreational sport aint gonna disappear nor should it.This is why I proposed a Plan to Revolutionize School Football for Century 21...which would raise the quality of the school game and produce better players. Just add improved coaching to the mix and you get a much better product

But while school ball is important....a national academy from U-10 to seniors is critical. Thats where the best players should be transferred to....NOT in the school competitions

Comment

Same applies for wanting artificial fields,who is going to A) finance it and B) maintain it
                    Artificial fields are basically maintenance free for 15 years, as far as I know.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Question stands,who is going to finance it the 1st year and then maintain it 15 years after ?

I hear Munro have fields,Georges have a field to die for,I see most RSPL teams have fields,BTW we qualified for FIFA youth tournaments with said fields.

Why can't we use or agricultural expertise and develop and maintain fields with the ministry of agriculture.Do we have to import that know how too.

2nd seeing that we qualified for youth tournaments in the past ,are fields really the issue?

Comment

I see a hybrid system as the way forward where the cream from school boy football will move in an osmotic motion from school boy to a national academy or elite system fitting our cultural paradigm.

It can be done at a reasonable cost where coaching development will be the crux of that system, where all stakeholders will benefit.

Comment

I see a hybrid system as the way forward where the cream from school boy football will move in an osmotic motion from school boy to a national academy or elite system fitting our cultural paradigm.

It can be done at a reasonable cost where coaching development will be the crux of that system, where all stakeholders will benefit.
                          sounds good

Comment

lol...i see that colour has studied my posts on this forum...

Comment

First thing I think this is a useful way to use this forum. I read colors article and agree to some if not all. I would suggest maybe next time putting it in point form with 10 or so recommendations. As a matter of fact let's use this time and this medium to draft a short plan outlining doable actions that would fix some of the problems.

Comment

Working...
                              X