Ok, so we get juk....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, so we get juk....

...and as usual, nuff ah we a blabba 'bout development, academy, high school, turf, grass, coaching, burrell...blah blah blah...all in an alphabet soup ranging from chupidity to wisdom. I would like to start at the basics, and let's use a common vocabulary, starting with the word:

DEVELOPMENT.

We use it over and over and over again, and I bet we are all thinking something different. So what does it really mean?
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

.....now wi inna trouble,yuh a di same bredda whey advocate say poor people muss send dem pickney guh academy because a suh dem do it a forgein.

Yuh ave school fee,lunch money,buss fare ,uniform and book money fi gi dem afta dem pay academy dues ?

Welcome to di debate.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
      .....now wi inna trouble,yuh a di same bredda whey advocate say poor people muss send dem pickney guh academy because a suh dem do it a forgein.

Yuh ave school fee,lunch money,buss fare ,uniform and book money fi gi dem afta dem pay academy dues ?

Welcome to di debate.
      Stay focused. What does development mean? Simple question.
      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Just present yuh plan,mi caan wait fi di net spend...... Brethren yuh nuh know ,yuh nuh know,yuh really nuh know.I look forward to this site because of one person.

Guess who.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
          Just present yuh plan,mi caan wait fi di net spend...... Brethren yuh nuh know ,yuh nuh know,yuh really nuh know.I look forward to this site because of one person.

Guess who.
          What does "development" mean? All now, nobody can answer, do you know why?

Comment

You can tell us Pauly what does it mean ?

Comment

Me teacha...me teacha....

Well, me just come back from Cuba last week and me have one piece a development eena me belly yuhsee. All now me belly no too-too straight.
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

You raise an important question. The answer to this question explains how stupid & boneheaded JFF policy is. This because it demands an ordering of priorities.

* "Development" is centered on people. The #1 mission of playing football is for the youth of the country to reach their full potential in the game. At the top of that pyramid is the national team (and professional opportunities abroad)....thru our clubs...all the way down to any recognized, organized recreational play.

* To enable the achievement of our youths' human potential in football technical knowledge is required. So obviously good coaches, trainers, physios etc etc must be available to drive the "development" process. Exposure to play & competition overseas (or visiting foreign teams of quality) is obviously also critical to the learning process.

* The business of football is also critical for the game to be sustainable. This can ONLY be achieved when our talent is allowed to flower...enabling good play at our clubs....and flowing thru to national teams. This should attract fans to the game....then private investors and sponsors

* Those investors would be inclined to upgrade facilities in an environment of good, exciting players and adequate management. The chance to sell players to foreigners is a huge incentive. Those investments should over time lead to better fields, stands etc....and MORE FANS

That is how a virtuous circle of "development" should work. Harbor View has perhaps the best model of that in JA

The #1 mistake and problem in Jamaican football is the myopic, asinine belief that WCQ is the absolute priority of OUR football. When your youths are NOT "developed" there's no way WCQ should be a priority. That's putting the cart before the horse. Idiots think like that.

The priority is obviously learning to play the game...using WCQ competition judiciously to expose our best. Judicious also refers to the use of a limited number of committed expats. This is the model that led to our only success in WCQ

In fact WCQ-prioritizing can become a huge distraction and even a NEGATIVE IF (as with JA) it leads to neglect of our young and to mass imports to try for WCQ at all costs. This stupidity denies JA a virtuous circle of native progression in the game. What we end up with is a long term & vicious cycle instead:

ZERO DEVELOPMENT & ZERO WCQ = The worst of all possible outcomes
                Last edited by Don1; September 8, 2016, 03:38 PM.
                TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                  You raise an important question. The answer to this question explains how stupid & boneheaded JFF policy is. This because it demands an ordering of priorities.

* "Development" is centered on people. The #1 mission of playing football is for the youth of the country to reach their full potential in the game. At the top of that pyramid is the national team (and professional opportunities abroad)....thru our clubs...all the way down to any recognized, organized recreational play.

* To enable the achievement of our youths' human potential in football technical knowledge is required. So obviously good coaches, trainers, physios etc etc must be available to drive the "development" process. Exposure to play & competition overseas (or visiting foreign teams of quality) is obviously also critical to the learning process.

* The business of football is also critical for the game to be sustainable. This can ONLY be achieved when our talent is allowed to flower...enabling good play at our clubs....and flowing thru to national teams. This should attract fans to the game....then private investors and sponsors

* Those investors would be inclined to upgrade facilities in an environment of good, exciting players and adequate management. The chance to sell players to foreigners is a huge incentive. Those investments should over time lead to better fields, stands etc....and MORE FANS

That is how a virtuous circle of "development" should work. Harbor View has perhaps the best model of that in JA

The #1 mistake and problem in Jamaican football is the myopic, asinine belief that WCQ is the absolute priority of OUR football. When your youths are NOT "developed" there's no way WCQ should be a priority. That's putting the cart before the horse. Idiots think like that.

The priority is obviously learning to play the game...using WCQ competition judiciously to expose our best. Judicious also refers to the use of a limited number of committed expats. This is the model that led to our only success in WCQ

In fact WCQ-prioritizing can become a huge distraction and even a NEGATIVE IF (as with JA) it leads to neglect of our young and to mass imports to try for WCQ at all costs. This stupidity denies JA a virtuous circle of native progression in the game. What we end up with is a long term & vicious cycle instead:

ZERO DEVELOPMENT & ZERO WCQ = The worst of all possible outcomes
                  What he said
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

2nd dat DON , now Pauly , what does development mean ?

Comment

Correction....

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                      When your youths are NOT "developed" there's no way WCQ should be a priority.
                      "THE OVERRIDING PRIORITY"

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

I don't disagree with anything you've said, but I think that the word "development" is used very ambiguously and many times without any clear understanding of a common shared desired outcome. In other words, are there a set of specific objectives for each age group from U6-U19? Are there standards for play for each level (field size, modified laws etc.) that aid in achieving these desired objectives? What about the physical and psychological aspects of player "development"? What is expected at each age level?

In my opinion, we need to have a common, agreed upon set of objectives for each age group for the technical, tactical, psychological and physical aspects of the game supported by a common agreed upon system of play at each level (e.g. 4v4 at U8, 6v6 at U10 etc.) supported by a common philosophy. This of course has to also be supported by a standardised curriculum applied to each age group. Once that is there, then we can speak of coaching etc.

So when we say, "development" my problem is that I don't believe most of us have concrete expectations or a set of internationally competitive standards for each age group that shows that a player is "developing". Until we have this, we are clutching at straws. It's like saying students have to be educated, but we have no curriculum, no measurement, or no objective expectations to evaluate progress.

Just my tuppance.

Comment

Can the teacher/coach implement a curriculum ? who would be more suited for that task , if not the teacher/coach who is certified in that discipline?

Just asking ?

A national curriculum to develop a philosophy should be done by teachers/coaches ,no ?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                            I don't disagree with anything you've said, but I think that the word "development" is used very ambiguously and many times without any clear understanding of a common shared desired outcome. In other words, are there a set of specific objectives for each age group from U6-U19? Are there standards for play for each level (field size, modified laws etc.) that aid in achieving these desired objectives? What about the physical and psychological aspects of player "development"? What is expected at each age level?

In my opinion, we need to have a common, agreed upon set of objectives for each age group for the technical, tactical, psychological and physical aspects of the game supported by a common agreed upon system of play at each level (e.g. 4v4 at U8, 6v6 at U10 etc.) supported by a common philosophy. This of course has to also be supported by a standardised curriculum applied to each age group. Once that is there, then we can speak of coaching etc.

So when we say, "development" my problem is that I don't believe most of us have concrete expectations or a set of internationally competitive standards for each age group that shows that a player is "developing". Until we have this, we are clutching at straws. It's like saying students have to be educated, but we have no curriculum, no measurement, or no objective expectations to evaluate progress.

Just my tuppance.
                            Fair enuff. You're drilling down to the granular level of this development subject....noice

The details of any development system are best left to "experts".. I'm no expert but a mere JA football supporter (literally since wi help fund wi Manning side fi nuff years) So from that supporter platform I'd just have some common sense ideas on the outlines of an overarching development system

We supporters don't need to be experts. Wi juss need fi recognize bullshiit or good sense and have the ability to separate the two.

Plus have enuff conviction to call it or bawl it out as wi see it
                            Last edited by Don1; September 9, 2016, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Granular level of this development subject.....In other words red herrings ,recognising B.S and having good sense would entail admitting only certified coaches or administartors in the particular discipline are the ones to institute-recommend and guide a curriculum for development.

The JFF/Burrell has failed us misreably in the above and that could be his vision of development.That is commonsense !
                              Last edited by Sir X; September 9, 2016, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X