No announcement yet.

That US Soccer ban on heading at U12...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That US Soccer ban on heading at U12...

...really shegging up parts of my boys development. Even though I know and understand the reasons behind the new rule, there is something that is oddly unsettling about it. Today, my boys won a game 6-5 that we could have put to bed early, but there were two clear goals we scored that were called back because were scored from headers. Now, here's my issue. While the rule WAS in place, the boys' natural (and correct) inclination were to head the ball. Rule or no rule, the kids are going to do what they do "naturally". What should I tell them to do next time - duck? Anyway - after the game, I told both of them that they did the right thing in heading the ball in the goal, but unfortunately, it was against the rules.
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

america is a stupid country. dem already nuh good inna football so make dem gwan get worse fi we maybe increase we chances inna Concacaf. Although we a rux compared to many other teams.

Comment

Ha ha. that was all I am saying. Let me ask, what do you do on a corner? Blast the ball in and nobody can head to goal or clear it with a header. Have you seen the Karate kicks or the innovative ways of avoiding the ball?

They may as well cut out corners if they are not having headers. I could go on. Even before this rule more than half the u11 and u10 in Academy couldn't head the ball properly now it my be about 80 percent. I see u10 playing and ducking the ball and this is in the Academy, not "rec ball".
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        Ha ha. that was all I am saying. Let me ask, what do you do on a corner? Blast the ball in and nobody can head to goal or clear it with a header. Have you seen the Karate kicks or the innovative ways of avoiding the ball?

They may as well cut out corners if they are not having headers. I could go on. Even before this rule more than half the u11 and u10 in Academy couldn't head the ball properly now it my be about 80 percent. I see u10 playing and ducking the ball and this is in the Academy, not "rec ball".
        They want the ball on the ground which I have no problem with and I realise the new rule is as a result of a law suit, but as you say, corners and other situations bring the game down to a simply retarded level. For corners, I don't have my boys cross it, it is always short corners now.
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

I would say playing the ball on the ground is about coaching for most part. I understand the lawsuit but I think a head gear and proper coaching would subtract this. Our club play the ball on the ground and most do now, I can only think of two or 2 teams it may affect. It doesn't stop punting of the ball as the goal know that the defenders can't head the ball so it is a race back to the keeper or Karate kick. They will have to revisit this rule. I like the no sliding at this age but not this rule.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I hope the rest of CONCACAF can take advantage of this in the coming years.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
            X