The passing of retired FIFA Referee Joseph Sanguinetti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The passing of retired FIFA Referee Joseph Sanguinetti

We are deeply saddened to share with you that Joseph Sanguinetti retired FIFA referee, past member of the Executive Member of the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) and the Jamaica Football Referees Association (JFRA), passed away last night. During this time, our thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends.

"Sangie" or Joe" won the unusual honour of being chosen Referee of the Year in 1983 while a Grade 2 referee. I cannot remember that ever happening before or since. He was shortly after promoted to Grade 1 and appointed to the FIFA List of Referees by the JFF and approved by FIFA.

He had retired and lived in Yonkers, New York. Following a stroke two days ago he passed.

He was my friend! My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.
    Last edited by Karl; October 28, 2016, 01:33 PM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

btw - Joe attended StGC and Howard University.

He taught at StGC for a number of years. In his football playing days, he was a rugged tough defender.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Great man Mr Sanguinetti R.I.P ,prayers for the family and heads up pops,
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I knew him well.
        He was a VERY strong disciplinarian,always in top physical shape(waaay before gym became prominent),and something of a casanova.
        ***** me wid de cricket ball during sunlight training because I wasn't paying attention(it would be a losing battle were I to retaliate),and the school was buzzing with rumours about the finest female teachers and him caught...
        Well respected by Georgians.
        RIP General!

Comment

RIP
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

As mi say,great man..hehe
            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

RIP. Condolences to the family, and to you Karl, as well as those who knew him; Rockman et al.
              Peter R

Comment

Working...
              X