Gallas hits back over Chelsea's 'own goal' claims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gallas hits back over Chelsea's 'own goal' claims

<BR clear=all><DIV class=text11 style="BACKGROUND: #fff"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>

French defender William Gallas has accused Chelsea of 'hiding behind false accusations' after being stunned by his former club's claim that he threatened to score an own goal. Gallas, who joined Arsenal on deadline day in a cash-plus-player deal that saw England left-back Ashley Cole move in the opposite direction, denied making the threat and said the Barclays Premiership champions 'lacked class'. The French defender, currently preparing for his country's Euro 2008 qualifier against Italy, revealed he would explain his reasons for quitting Stamford Bridge at an 'appropriate' time. Gallas was forced to respond after Chelsea, in an unprecedented move, issued a statement which alleged Gallas refused to play against Liverpool in last season's FA Cup semi-final and against Manchester City at the beginning of the current campaign. The club insisted that he threatened to score an own goal, get himself sent-off or make deliberate mistakes if Mourinho picked him for the home clash against City. But Gallas declared: 'I am surprised and shocked by these remarks. 'I never said that I would score an own goal. I was very firm in my will to leave, that is clear, and I will explain at the appropriate time why. 'If people want to hide behind these eccentric charges to explain my departure instead of assuming their responsibilities in front of their supporters, then they can do. 'All this is very, very petty on behalf of Chelsea. But at the same time, coming on behalf of its new leaders, that does not surprise me. Even if Chelsea has much money, its new leaders lack class.' </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></DIV>
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

RE: Gallas hits back over Chelsea's 'own goal' claims

When the Rent Boys beat ManU close to the end of the season, I recall a passionate Gallas (not Galla) leading the Rent Boys by scoring the first goal.

Jose is a bitch. Plain and simple.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

RE: Gallas hits back over Chelsea's 'own goal' claims

see it deh. .even the man from among dem tell you dem a hurry come up , and class less.. Balla a nuh mi alone see it Gallas who should know say same.. hush...

Comment

Working...
      X