From an acquiatance on FB: About the quality of JA coaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From an acquiatance on FB: About the quality of JA coaches

Well, these comments are interesting. Two points: 1) There is not a coaching development system from youth to senior players by the JFF. This is their responsibility. They may think they are doing something but when you 'only' have a Level 1 course that is very antiquated and then bring in others from the outside and calls your level 2 course advanced this is fascinating to those who know football development through football education. Since the JFF's level 2 varies with each foreign coach delivering the course and each coach taking a level 2 never receives the same consistent developmental concepts. Therefore no development of what's is the need in Jamaican football coaching education. Only 2 courses???? 2) Without the proper path of coaching development path for coaches to take the problem of "No youth development system will ever exist and senior players will struggle even if the coach knows what he's doing and this problem will always be prevalent." The lament of the Caribbean coach and players!!!!

In Reference to this :

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/s...CsZuM.facebook

Burrell is clueless .
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Do you know that in the US Coaches Association is provides opportunities and coaches certificate to their members. Yes JFF have some responsibilities but the coaches have some to themselves. That mi a tell you long time. We stop look to the man who nah look out fi you.

http://www.nscaa.com/
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yuh nuh narmal at all.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        the US Coaches Association is provides opportunities and coaches certificate to their members.

http://www.nscaa.com/
        This is the crux of the lack of development of football in Jamaica. Firstly, we don't even have a Coaches Association in Jamaica and the JFF who is the body that should provide these opportunities is derelict in its duties.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Where there is no vision the people perish.The JFF states it is the appointed body for all things football in the Island.

If education is the key,the question that should be asked of that body is ,why there is none ?

I asked awhile back about the coaching education on the island,no one on the site could answer,so I checked my best friend for knowledge ( Google) and he showed me a program for U13 to be taught UpTo RSPL level. run by the JFF

Burrell is a wikid man ,Im a charge people fi teach Dem fi mash up wi football,ave dem a masquerade as professional coaches all over the island,the ultimate 5 th columnist.

Some Trumpian moves
          Last edited by Sir X; December 28, 2016, 12:14 PM.

Comment

yes Jangle while the JFF is not providing the opportunity, all we do is cuss them while there are viable avenues with can put that effort into.

If you have a coaches association, they can go directly to the ministry of education or HEART and talk about putting in a coaches program in place. As Technical director of St.Kitts Lennie Taylor did this successfully. They can also seek sponsorship and dues to get coaches into good programs. We have a few coaches in Jamaica who travel and get themselves qualified but they keep it to themselves and there is no communication about this. Until the coaching community in Jamaica come together as a team and demand a piece of the pie, force JFF, the government, fellow coaches into action, nothing nah gwaan. Waiting pon JFF nah cut it.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

"I asked awhile back about the coaching education on the island". That can't be true, because the JFF level 1 and Level 2 is oftenly posted on the forum. Although this is far from enough.

Comment

If you could be so kind to state who posted it ,and when I would be grateful.The last person I remembered ,who posted anything about JFF and coaching was me.

If there was another please share that info.The level 1 & 2 course is a u 13 program in my opinion.

Comment

Every year they have the course and they said they wanted all DCup coaches to have the certification. This has been going on for at least 5 years and graduates including Whitmore, Walter Boyd and other former national players and Donswell, Whitmore(I Think) has been instructors.

Go and search, I don't have the time.

Comment

But Sass you are missing the point. Burrell and the JFF operate as a dictatorship. USAF has put up the names of many qualified Jamaican coaches who have overseas experience and who have offered their services to Jamaica and have been ignored by Burrell and his cronies. There may be local coaches who may be more qualified than those in the program who are being ignored.
                    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

No I am not missing anything. There is nothing that Burrell can do to stop a Coaches association. It goes all the way to FIFA and he can't win.

The coaches are putting a glass ceiling on their head thinking JFF can stop them if they do. The fact is the coaches do not unite and instead give the JFF credit or lack of it. It is time for us to start looking within. There was no coaches association before Burrell and there will be none after, instead we will sit and say JFF. JFF have to take a lot of blame but they make their causes priority, the coaches themselves have to make coaching a priority.

Burrell only take advantage of situation because we continue to sit aside and look to him as "boss man". I will say again, the coaches have the strenght and power to unleash to make Jamaican football better at every level, with or without the JFF.

Comment

Suh yuh lie ,Sasss,yuh can't state who posted such info on the site,much less when.

Typical.

Comment

next mi say mi nuh have time, a simply saving you the embarrassment. Take it as an hint that I don't have time to go look as it is so easy to find the info.

Comment

While coaches need to take the initiative to get the necessary education to develop & grow, it is the job and responsibility of the NATIONAL FEDERATION to develop and provide the necessary & challenging courses that will qualify them to effectively develop players & prepare teams to excel in competitions.......With or without a national soccer coaches association, the national federation must be the one that sets the standards, develop the courses and get highly qualified teachers to teach the material (theory & practical) & grade them.

*I'm no expert, BUT looking at what SirX posted (Level I & Level II), if that's all the JFF is offering the Jamaican coaches, that's a JOKE and the JFF is a JOKE.

Comment

Thank yuh sah,its embarrassing, something Trump would sell.

Comment

Working...
                              X