Jangle and Rockman, with the window now open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jangle and Rockman, with the window now open

where in the team would you want to strengthen? As for me, I think we need cover for Carrick, even though I cannot see why Blind isn't used in that role.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

I also think Blind should be understudying Carrick, but in Murinho I trust. I think we need cover for both wingback positions. Somehow, Shaw has not fully impressed me even when he's fit. He doesn't cross the ball well enough. I want to see Rockman's young boy ("Fashanu" --- remember him) get a run in the upcoming match. If Herrera gets injured I don't know who can replace his energy in the midfield. I'm not worried about the forward line as we are well covered there. Lingard can't hit the side of a barnyard to save his life. He is a useful squad player that is a good sub, but you can't depend on him to score goals.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Cover for wingbacks? Darmian can play both. Mensah can play both. Blind and Rojo can play on the left. You made a good point about Herrera, don't see a replacement for him.

Which Lingard are you talking about? The one that scored the winner in the FA Cup final? The one that scored a beauty against Chelsea last season? The Lingard that scored 2 Europa League goals thus far? I would say he needs to score more, or work the keepers more, but to say he cannot hit a barnyard? Sure you not talking about Jesus Navas?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lingard has improved this season with his off-the-ball movements, but he needs some serious work on his finishing abilities. He has the potential to improve and I would not get rid of him. He rushes his shots and lacks composure in front of the goal. I guess because he's in the team not to score goals but to help create them, why he doesn't work on his finishing. He needs to improve like how Theo Walcott has. Mensah is Jack of all trades sort of like Blind. He needs more playing time to master one of the positions. He is Herrera-like with a Pogba body in the midfield. I always thought that Darmian plays better at LB than at RB, but being right-footed limits his crossing abilities. I don't think he offers much going forward on the right hand side. I see the rumours of the return of Uncle Pat. I would take him and play him in a heartbeat over everyone that's there now. Blind, my opinion, is our most intelligent player and is a decent cover for LB, but his lack of speed is a huge liability in that position. So far this season, Rojo has looked better at CB than at LB. He's suspect there.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
          where in the team would you want to strengthen? As for me, I think we need cover for Carrick, even though I cannot see why Blind isn't used in that role.
          Feel much the same way as Jangle,only he has faaar more tolerance for Rojo.
          I would say we need a central defender to pair with Bailly.
          I am not terribly worried about left back,it is my opinion Young will give a decent account of himself gimself there.
          Not sold on our midfield,our opponents invariably have enough time to reset..because our midfielders(except Pogba)are too sluggish in advancin the ball..

Comment

Working...
          X