• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pan Am Games football: Jamaica vs Haiti

21.7.2007Jamaica - Haiti - 12:30pm

Zico Football Center; Rio de Janeiro, BRA

A win and the Young Reggae Boyz top the group
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Futbol24 livescore have the Young Boyz up by 1 with 9 mins gone.

Comment

GOAL!

Jamaica 2 Haiti 0

Comment

GOAL!!!! 28"

Jamaica 3 Haiti 0

Comment

GOAL!!! 67"

Jamaica 4 Haiti 0.

No thanks to Boxhill. Coach Downswell is the man.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamaica2099 View Post
            GOAL!!! 67"

Jamaica 4 Haiti 0.

No thanks to Boxhill. Coach Downswell is the man.
            Thanks!

The Young Reggae Boyz top the group already as Arg.-Col ended in a draw.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Game done.

Jamaica 4 Haiti 0

Comment

What a Boyz and what a Boyous! Gwaan mi yuths!

BW, should Bora ger any of the credit for this? This has happened under his watch you know. What about Boxhill and crew? Time is running out on his term, but what if it were extended another 4 years?

I am just playing the devil's advocate here.
                "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

You know what's going to happen. BenJ will say that Bora was the TDD and Wendell was simply following his instructions.

This is a big win over Haiti. The last time we played their U-20 I think we managed to hold them to a draw. But one of our players told me we were lucky, because Haiti was a very good team, easily 2 goals better than we were. And Haiti's program has been on the rise for the last 3 or 4 years.

Maybe they were using their U-17 too!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

They brought their Under 20 like Jamaica did. Argentina on the other hand felt they are so well ahead of us that their under-20 could get the job done.
                    Attached Files
                    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                      You know what's going to happen. BenJ will say that Bora was the TDD and Wendell was simply following his instructions.

This is a big win over Haiti. The last time we played their U-20 I think we managed to hold them to a draw. But one of our players told me we were lucky, because Haiti was a very good team, easily 2 goals better than we were. And Haiti's program has been on the rise for the last 3 or 4 years.

Maybe they were using their U-17 too!
                      One thing is undeniable - At the Age-group level this is already the best results we have had in a major competition played entirely outside our shores.

The irony is, as emphasized underlined by the coach, THESE BOYZ WERE NOT PREPARED BY THE JFF!

Considering their nearest organised competition was Manning and DaCosta Cup who then should the lion's share for 'coaching' go?

The Young Reggae Boyz - Hey...they without preparation, 'came together' and decided...willed themselves into the current string of successes? Wendel Downswell, who has obviously got them to be TEAM - (the players are drawn from various schools and clubs)? - or a collective for Wendell, the players, and their school and club coaches?
                      Last edited by Karl; July 21, 2007, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                        What a Boyz and what a Boyous! Gwaan mi yuths!

BW, should Bora ger any of the credit for this? This has happened under his watch you know. What about Boxhill and crew? Time is running out on his term, but what if it were extended another 4 years?

I am just playing the devil's advocate here.
                        I would looked at Boxhill's record with Downswell. Then his record without Downswell who went on to coach Reno.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                          One thing is undeniable - At the Age-group level this is already the best results we have had in a major competition played entirely outside our shores.

The irony is, as emphasized underlined by the coach, THESE BOYZ WERE NOT PREPARED BY THE JFF!

Considering their nearest organised competition was Manning and DaCosta Cup who then should the lion's share for 'coaching' go?

The Young Reggae Boyz - Hey...they without preparation, 'came together' and decided...willed themselves into the current string of successes? Wendel Downswell, who has obviously got them to be TEAM - (the players are drawn from various schools and clubs)? - or a collective for Wendell, the players, and their school and club coaches?
                          You beat me to the punch, Karl. Boyz. Well said Karl

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                            Argentina on the other hand felt they are so well ahead of us that their under-20 could get the job done.
                            What?

Comment

I said in a previous post that I was expecting the Younger BoyZ to give Haiti 6-pack. A 4-pack is still acceptable!!

Congratulations and much respect to Boyous.
                              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
                              X