Ronaldinho revels in Dunga reign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronaldinho revels in Dunga reign

Ronaldinho believes new Brazil coach Dunga is just the man to get the South Americans back on track after their disappointing World Cup performance.

The world footballer of the year was left out of the Brazil starting line-up that trounced Argentina 3-0, but will play in Dunga's second match in charge against Wales later Tuesday.

Ronaldinho was one of several Brazilians who failed to live up to the hype at the World Cup, where the 2002 winner were dumped out in the quarter-finals by France.

The Barcelona star admitted that the five-time world champions had struggled to come to terms with their World Cup campaign -- but says Dunga has been a breath of fresh air.

"Every Brazil player in the World Cup squad went home shattered," Ronaldinho said. "For me it was even harder. I created a lot of expectations for myself at the tournament because I had been in unbelievable form last season.

"Now I am even more determined to show the people what I can do.

Dunga has quickly set about ridding Brazil of its 'galactico' culture, drumming it into the squad that all players are equal and emphasising the collective over the individual.

Ronaldinho said he was happy with the new approach, even if it meant having to fight for his place.

"Every day you have to prove you deserve to be in the starting XI. I agree with Dunga,'' he said. "A professional footballer has to 'kill a lion' every day to prove themselves worthy of being kept in the team.

"I am here to do my best for Brazil and show I want to be in the national team for as long as possible."

Ronaldinho said he wants to reproduce for Brazil the sort of form he showed for Barcelona last season.

"Barcelona play very attacking football. They involve me in everything. I like to play further forward with more freedom," he said.

"I always try to play how I play for Barcelona but tactically it has been a bit different with Brazil. This is a new era. I have had a conversation about it with Dunga."
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

RE: Ronaldinho revels in Dunga reign

Lazie (9/5/2006) "They involve me in everything. I like to play further forward with more freedom," he said.

"I always try to play how I play for Barcelona but tactically it has been a bit different with Brazil. This is a new era. I have had a conversation about it with Dunga."
    Maestro needs to have a talk with CB and let him know what the deal is.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Maestro? Since when Freddy start play for the Reggae Boyz? - T.K.
      No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

You and Mosiah need fi stop wid this Maestro ting. Unuh almost confuse me.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

A suh you easy fi confuse??

Memba da one yah- Confused?? be Confuse no more, go to carlton's Auto Supplies, 1G Hagley Park Road, Kingston
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

Lazie....when The Phenom rain lightning and t'unda pon de Red Cows backside den yu will see what Maestro mean! - T.K.
            No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

but everybody a come wid dem own Maestro. See T.K. a draw fi Adu deh? We need to establish some guidelines as to who may be labeled a maestro.

Comment

<DIV>It's really very simple. Only one of these players is called Maestro by his own peers. I never anointed anyone with such a name.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>All others are mere pretenders.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV></DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Lazie (9/5/2006) "A professional footballer has to 'kill a lion' every day to prove themselves worthy of being kept in the team. "
                  What an interesting concept. Some would think that Dinho's game should be "grill up an puddung" just because he is a star. I wonder if this concept could extend to Jamaica's Reggae Boyz? What says you Karl, Ben J (Maudib), Jawgeand others who were of the opinion that Tappa should get game for the Boyz no matter what form he was in? Some players just do not have to prove themselves in these people's opinion.
                  "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Working...
                  X