Jawge & Claffy : Jamaican coaching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jawge & Claffy : Jamaican coaching

If given the opportunity would you coach JA U 17 team and do you think you could do a better job than a Jamaican coach with a a) JFF level 2 liscene or b) Jamaican coach with a UEFA A or B liscence

Please read before you answer,dont be impulsive

http://sayfcarib.com/blueprint-impro...ing-education/

Anyone who feels they can do same please respond and give reasons.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Let me introduce you to another word. The word is conjecture. Do you fully understand what's a conjecture? You are hinging all your hopes (of Ja's youth football) on UEFA B license. Can you provide evidence that what happened in Iceland will automatically follow in Ja? Iceland used the UEFA B because it's native to their environment.If Iceland had gone to say S.America and used their system with results, then your argument would have some leg to stand on.

I took some time to read your "Ethiopian" epistle. It has some points but it's cursory for most part. It does not say what will be done to address the problem of lack of technique in the jakan game.It also insists on trying to
    incorporate high school football in the development of INT'L football.

Did you listen to the comments during the Mexico/Panama game? The guy said most basketball courts in Panama are converted to futsal courts (hence no more question as to why Panama is more technical than Ja)
    The sad part is that the Mexican U17 isn't all of that but they know how to
    play organized football. They also mastered the basics of the game.

Comment

Suh yuh want di wuk ?

Glad you read it ,if you read the last part of my proposition ,it stated :
      "The JFF can rectify this by implementing a coaching certification system of International standards, that deals with this and the entire age spectrum of Jamaican football"Again its not limited to a UEAFA liscence,but an example in what can be achieved in a system of coaching development that meets international standards.The Icelandic model is the example!

*Can you provide evidence that what happened in Iceland will automatically follow in Ja?

Is it not true that when Jamaica employed professionals from Brazil that met the international coaching standard we qualified for Fifa tournaments at the youth and senior level ? That must be luck to you. What were the results before they came and after they left.Who wanted to build a statue for whom and why ?

*It does not say what will be done to address the problem of lack of technique in the jakan game

It said this in the article about coaching education: The presence of well qualified coaches is extremely important in achieving the goal of consistent, quality player development.

Suh yuh rule out yuhself Jawgie,because yuh fail this part :These coaches must have the ability to pass on their knowledge to players in a constructive and easily understandable manner. If yuh cant understand basic knowledge of the curriculum objectives,then how can you impart it to the youths ?

U 10 coach,step up,you next Pauly for the interview.
      Last edited by Sir X; May 6, 2017, 07:31 AM.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Boss is it a comprehension problem or it's your tactic to "clown out" constructive argument? Did you pay attention to where I said Iceland used what's native to them (UEFA B)? I then went on to say that had Iceland gone to Brazil (which is in contrast to their environment) and had success, your argument would have meaning.

It's an established fact that Brazil and Ja has simialr environment (acute poverty with sparse resources) when it comes on to youth football. It's therefore prudent for Ja to seek coaching knowledge in Brazil (given their success in the sport). I don't think our coaches when in Brasil are looking at the whole picture.

I think we need the Brazilians back on the island but this time to concentrate on youth football. Bottom up. Starting with the U10 (most critical area)

Comment

It is a comprehension problem on your part.No need to discuss the issue,the forum is aware.

Comment

From what I'm seeing, BOTH of you have a point that is needed:
            1. Jamaica needs a 1st class Coach Development Program, that is based on a proven internationally successful & respected system.
            2. This proven internationally successful & respected system must be "adjusted & fine tuned" to fit into the Jamaican culture and effectively & efficiently address the country's needs, for a TRUE Jamaica Coach Development Program.

Comment

Where does he state that ?

He wants proof it can work "Can you provide evidence that what happened in Iceland will automatically follow in Ja?"

I pointed out Brazil to him- he has amnesia, then he jumps on the Brazil bandwagon.

I have stated "The JFF can rectify this by implementing a coaching certification system of International standards, that deals with this and the entire age spectrum of Jamaican football"

He goes further and states the success can only be achieved by brazilians because they have done so in the past,he goes on to list socio economic factors as the reason, when in fact Brazilian coaches have been succesful around the world . from Asia - Japan league- European leagues-National association around the world.

Jawge is being obscurative,deceptive or outright ignorant that quality coaching regardless of where it is from with international standards will bear results.

Comment

I will add, the bold face hypocrisy, here is Jawge with a coaching license here in the USA, designed by a European with UEFA A & B standards or input, questioning if it will be a success in Jamaica, if we designed a coaching program to fit our culture.

Its as if it has not happened anywhere else, but he throws, poverty/socio economics as to why it cant work,then points to Brazil as if Brazilian coaching success is reserved for third world nations.You have south american coaches all over the world doing well,not just Brazilians and its not reserved for third world nations, eastern european coaches are known to do well in African cultures.At one time Brazilain coaches were the flavour of the J league.

Ead nuh good sah.Then he talks about having a constructive discussion, really

What Jamaica needs is the knowledge,we dont need them to do anything else but educate us , let us coach our own, in other words , TEACH WI FI FISH !

Comment

Jawge states that Jamaica can't just implement what Iceland did (UEFA license) & expect success, and that's true, so I get the feeling that Jawge thinks you're implying that Jamaica must copy what Iceland did & what works in Europe, without making any changes to fit Jamaica's culture & needs. I don't think he understands that you are suggesting that Jamaica take an internationally proven & successful system (UEFA coaching development), of developing coaches, and make the necessary changes to FIT the Jamaican culture & needs.

Comment

Really: But you do ,I guessed you have better comprehension skills than Jawgie,esp after I posted this,he said he read it.

Given the above scenario,the JFF U 18 elite league ,is an elite league to promote bad habits,the crucial question in this league set up,is what are the qualifications of the coaches in this league.The intentions are good but it lacks a required standard to pursue its objectives to harnest youth.Goood educators i.e coaches.The JFF can rectify this by implementing a coaching certification system of International standards, that deals with this and the entire age spectrum of Jamaican football.

http://sayfcarib.com/blueprint-impro...ing-education/

I give him no bly,even though he admits there is a comprehension problem.It can only be implemented within our cultural context,thats a given.South American coaches around the world and others have been doing same,A coach with a UEFA or the international standard,does so within a cultural context of residency,the Proof is Simoes and the Brazilians,The USA set up,etc etc.

Comment

Besides the whole Blue print of improving Jamaican football (Ethiopia revisted) is looked at through the lenses of the Jamaican culture,identifying faults and recommending correction.

Comment

I have to thank Claudio Reyna for getting US Soccer to see the folly of taking what was successful in Europe & trying to implement it without making any adjustments/changes to fit the culture & needs of the U.S., over 10 years ago.......That also pushed MLS into forming a partnership with the FFF, to develop their own academy coach development program, which is more demanding than the US Soccer program, and just formed another partnership with La Liga for continuing education.

JFF needs proactive & creative people that understand the value and need for partnerships with countries & leagues that can provide the expertise needed to help with Jamaica's soccer growth & development.

Comment

The JFF needs alot.I only post my rantings to prove that those who berate our youths when they fail,need to look at the coaches,then its a question of education.Jamaicans like to generalise,even the coaches do it after a failed campaign.They bemoan the lack of preparation not knowing that their education is a big,big part of it.

If they acknowledge the holistic faults,then the JFF has to shoulder alot of the blame,right now we have a U 15 tournament to prepare for,what do they do.

1) Call up a bag of youth acroos the Island

2) Uncertified or unliscened by international standards-coaches evaluate them to represent the nation

3) The youths get thrown into a 4 week camp,if they are lucky.

4) We get kicked out,embarrsed,defeated

Blame,lack of talent,lack of intelligence,too short preparation ,the youths etc etc etc,the last thing/persons to get blame is the education of these coaches,the system to impart knowledge.

Time wi call a spade a spade.Wi are a nation of football dunces, from top to bottom.

Comment

USAF, you are wasting your time. He will just change it to something else with some clowning in between.

I posted some time ago an article from Scientific American (will be called SA going forward). The article focused on how one becomes an expert in a particular field. The article said it took a decade for almost all humans to become an expert. It also looked at the 10k hours rule (10k hours needed to become an expert). If you notice the vids on YouTube Dinho,Robinho,Neymar, Jesus et al all show mastery of the ball at age 8 up to 10. More on this argument when I post the article. If I don't post it by the 26th of this month, shout at me to remind. Thanks.

Comment

Change what ? Yuh mean like how you are changing it to videos and the learning process of youths.

USAF said you did not understand that knowledge, in this case a high standard of coaching can be transfered to a culture !You dismissed a UEAFA coaching standard as not being appropriate for Jamaica because of our socioeconomic conditions isnt on par with the europeans, and stated the Brazilian model would be ideal.( After forgetting that the Brazilian model had been succesful in JA) you wanted proof, I reminded you about Simoes and the Brazilians in JA, suddenly a light went on upstairs. in your head

I gave you this :

Until now, Brazil hasn’t had a national coaching license. All coaching licenses have been at the State level. However, with FIFA’s urging and
                              assistance, Brazil has put together a coaching education program on a level with EUFA and will have similar levels of A, B, C and the Pro License that
                              will be transferrable and recognized all over the world like EUFA’s. This licensing program has a few things to be sorted out with government laws
                              over education but should be ready to go sometime in 2009.

http://assets.ngin.com/attachments/d...evelopment.pdf

Even USAF understood this ,the question is , yuh ead good ?

Comment

Working...
                              X