Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Again what are the role of coaches in Ja soccer

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/s...eeting-no-show

I have come down on Whitmore in the past but he has learned somethings and is trying to get the conversation and information going and work with others and the other coaches don't show???

Again our soccer problem goes much deeper than Burrell.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Burrells JFF could implement mandatory in-service that require all premier league and high school coaches must attend coaching education seminars by the JFF coaching technical committee or football director.Failure to do so would result in the coach being barred from coaching on the Island.

We do it in my profession where inservice are mandatory.You seem to want to absolve the JFF from its responsibility.The JFF states it has control over all things football.

Maybe you just dont know how a structured professional environment should run or maybe i am being too arrogant.

Examples of required in-service or recertification of liscene in a professional field are real estate and the medical field.

We do want to be 1st world dont we.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

How can Burrell make it mandatory when he doesn't pay the coaches. All coaches who worked for the JFF was there.

The rule is you can only invite them. Tell me a federation that run like that. No Federation can run like how your profession work, as you employed by an employer who forces that rule or they will fire you. The board don't fire you.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Fred Lipka (MLS Technical Director of Youth Player and Development):
        "We cannot develop better kids, if we don't have better teachers"

The role of the coach is to TEACH.......The role of the federation is to provide the tools to develop GOOD coaches/teachers.

Comment

Rules are meant to be changed as best practices are upgraded.Every federation implements its own rules to suit its cultural characteristics ,our cultural practices are third world.

The first thing you point out is the JFF doesnt pay them,even highlighting that only employed JFF reps attended.You chose to ignore that the JFF has stated on more than one occasion that they are the gaurdians of all things football.This means the responsibility of developing the game is on them = education.To answer your question given the above context ,how ?

I told you how ! So the question you are really asking is why ?

To answer your question as per a federation running like my business,they do it all over the world in the 1st world.Some states have already mandated that coaches be liscened,the drive is on to make it national in the USA.

file:///C:/Users/Owner/Downloads/MandatoryCoachingLicense_Snow.pdf

To answer the other question why should the JFF mandate coaches to attend inservice by a football director,because they can in their cultural way of implementing best practices.

Wi BRUK !
          Last edited by Sir X; June 4, 2017, 09:29 PM.
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Working...
          X