Who likes the VAR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who likes the VAR?

So far it has been 100% correct, including the goal Chile had disallowed. It amazes me how an accomplished baller like Ian Wright and that eedyat gyal on FS1 don't know the offside law.
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

I think it's a good idea.

Will take some getting use to.

Did you see the host of other game modification rules that are proposed and currently being assessed?

The 30minute game by stopping the clock is getting some traction.
    Last edited by HL; June 18, 2017, 07:47 PM.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I like it.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Careful, the offside rule is one of the biggest mystery among refs. That said the new rule about blocking the goalie's view is the kicker. What defies logic is how can one sit in front of a two dimensional device and speak with authority on something happening in 3D. Yes the goalie will always agree that you were blocking him (as long as the goal is disallowed). Is it really true though? How is it being determined? Is the goalie wearing a special eye wear that communicates with the video refs (akin to the goal line tech)?

Other than the above they (video refs) are charlatans. How can you tell when you have no way of seeing what the goalie is seeing? I would doubt even a camera on the goalie's head. What would bring truth would be an eye wear for the goalie. Yes it's good for replays of fouls and hand balls, but that argument of blocking the keeper's view in an offside is smoke and mirrors.

Comment

Well part of the new technology includes video cameras behind the goalie to give the goalie's view also. That can kill any argument about obstruction.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
            Well part of the new technology includes video cameras behind the goalie to give the goalie's view also. That can kill any argument about obstruction.
            To put a finer point on it, (like the point on top u head), the VARs are triangulating. While Jawge is correct that they are looking at a 2 dimensional screen, multiple camera angles give the VARs sufficient data to support a reasonable decision. Will it be perfect? No, the only thing that is perfect in this world maybe Jlo's booty...other than that...nothing else I can think of.
            http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_FUu7nqK6y0...rbooty.com.jpg
            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

That booty looks technologically enhanced. I know her body is damn good though.
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                To put a finer point on it, (like the point on top u head), the VARs are triangulating. While Jawge is correct that they are looking at a 2 dimensional screen, multiple camera angles give the VARs sufficient data to support a reasonable decision. Will it be perfect? No, the only thing that is perfect in this world maybe Jlo's booty...other than that...nothing else I can think of.
                http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_FUu7nqK6y0...rbooty.com.jpg
                I think I could rest my flask a rum on that!
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                  I think I could rest my flask a rum on that!
                  Flask of rum!!?? Dude...you could serve a whole banquet! LOL!

Comment

It is a vast improvement over the current realtime offside call by refs.

The result comes with gridlines. The 2 examples (with pictures) in the confed. cup was convincing enough.

Like goal line technology, lots of human error in real time will be solved.

With time, the technology will improve.

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                      It is a vast improvement over the current realtime offside call by refs.

The result comes with gridlines. The 2 examples (with pictures) in the confed. cup was convincing enough.

Like goal line technology, lots of human error in real time will be solved.

With time, the technology will improve.
                      All the noise I have heard against it is from people who don't know the laws. The offside law says that the player is offside if any part of his body which can be used to play the ball (I'm paraphrasing) is ahead of the defender. That basically means any part of the body except the hands and forearms. In Vargas case, both his knee and his head were ahead of the defender - CLEAR OFFSIDE. When I hear big ballas like Ian Wright (who incidentally I met in Moscow at the Champions League clash between Chelski and Manure) saying "not enough in that for me" I can only shake my head. It is mind-blowing how so many people in the game don't know the laws.

Comment

Some folks love attention...even if it is negative.

Look for this technology to be adopted in the WC.

BTW: Your thoughts on the proposed 30minute playing time; [since studies on the 45 minute half shows lots of time wasting].

Thanks.

HL

Comment

This is for Paul, HL and Jangle. I'm all for the inclusion of video replay. My beef is with the argument about blocking the goalie's view. No matter how many angles; one cannot see what the goalie sees from a two dimensional view (even with a camera behind the goal). Notice they have chip that triggers when the ball crosses the goal line? Until all goalie carry a special eye wear in the game; those guys around the screen are magicians

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                            This is for Paul, HL and Jangle. I'm all for the inclusion of video replay. My beef is with the argument about blocking the goalie's view. No matter how many angles; one cannot see what the goalie sees from a two dimensional view (even with a camera behind the goal). Notice they have chip that triggers when the ball crosses the goal line? Until all goalie carry a special eye wear in the game; those guys around the screen are magicians
                            Sorry Jawgy...simple geometry proves you incorrect. While I am not debating what the keeper might *think* he sees, the fact of the matter is that you can use triangulation to determine what is a *reasonable* interpretation of whether an opponent blocks a keeper's vision. You would take a rear, side, and top view to plot the relative position of both the opponent and the keeper...all of which cameras can facilitate.

Comment

I would say trigonometry but your argument is accepted. Now answer this:
                              Who would do the calculations an algorithm or the magicians behind the TV screens? Be slow to answer this one.

Is the above geometric argument that you speak of is being implemented by
                              FIFA. Don't get me wrong I'm all for the video. Look what was done to Cavani in the Copa? Gut wiggle is finger in Cavani's butt and the ref only saw Cavani's reaction. Look what was done to Jesus? It was deliberate because Otameadi (sp) won the ball in the air, it's how he came down (for a meaningless friendly). It should have been straight red. I knew Jesus blanked out temporarily and I was right because I read it in the media. All for what? Yes I'm for video but not the illusionist, spoon bending, mind reading part

Comment

Working...
                              X