Talking about abundance of talent .... can someone say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talking about abundance of talent .... can someone say

Germany? They sent their B team to the Confed cup and they are still one of the favs to win the competition.
    Last edited by Lazie; June 27, 2017, 10:58 AM.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Every major footballing country have an abundance in talent which is no more than Jamaica's. Can you say that Jamaica has more talent in track and field than say, Germany?
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
      Every major footballing country have an abundance in talent which is no more than Jamaica's. Can you say that Jamaica has more talent in track and field than say, Germany?
      I am not a T&F fan Jangle ....just have to give the Germans their due .... When you say mojor footballing country ... would that include the island of Jamaica?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
        When you say mojor footballing country ... would that include the island of Jamaica?
        Absolutely not. My point is that we also have an abundance of talent, but as the Football Cartel - Sir X, Jangle, Don1 and Karl always said, we good teachers to harness all the talent at our disposal.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

If yuh follow dem man deh,dem tell yuh fi jump off a cliff because dem see man fly,dem nuh tell yuh say man use glider or plane...hehe
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
            If yuh follow dem man deh,dem tell yuh fi jump off a cliff because dem see man fly,dem nuh tell yuh say man use glider or plane...hehe
            First thing ... Jangle is a MU fan ... so why would I tell him to jump off a cliff? You and your Xuberance ...

Comment

With all your innate intelligence do you believe you could function at your job without a formal education ?

1) Keep in mind you have individuals who society consider geniuses who still take the formal educational path

2) Why is jamaican football different in a) teaching the game and b) playing the game c) are Man U fans exempt from this process ,like Jawge and Pauly
              Last edited by Sir X; June 27, 2017, 03:21 PM.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
                With all your innate intelligence do you believe you could function at your job without a formal education ?

1) Keep in mind you have individuals who society consider geniuses who still take the formal educational path

2) Why is jamaican football different in a) teaching the game and b) playing the game c) are Man U fans exempt from this process ,like Jawge and Pauly
                Dude ... all I am doing is acknowledging the Germans and their abundance of talent. You wanna bring JA into it ... I don't know why ....we couldn't beat Curacao.

Comment

I would say the same,i dont know why...hehe,thats enough of innate talent for me...lol

Comment

How difficult is that to understand for a man who claims to work at an institution of higher learning?!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Apparently very difficult,dem nuh narmal!

Comment

We don't have the culture. When it comes to football we not serious. What we are are a set of coaches who go from team to team for a high school job. If you notice even in England the youth teams are run different from the top club. Youth coaches are not temp jobs but long term jobs. The national coaches call a meeting with all Premier League teams and they do not show up (tell the story). The sad thing is we have a few good and qualified coaches in Jamaica but the wealth is not spread because of selfishness and backbiting.

If you notice Track and Field, there are coaches who head their institution and club for long term. They just don't leave every year. It is worst now than in the 90s and that reflects a big part of the problem. Notice the teams with stability in Jamaica normally do better? Whether it is Arnett with Waite, Waterhouse with Maxwell, Tivoli with Vernon Bell, Portmore with Reid, St.Georges College with Bell etc. We need a football culture, not only to watch but to get involved in the game and not just scrimmage a evening time.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                          How difficult is that to understand for a man who claims to work at an institution of higher learning?!!
                          "Claims" ... now thats a low blow ....anyways .... I don't see why y'all giving yourselves wedgies ... the orignal post was about Germany ....but if y'all insist on bringing JA into this ... I'll just reference the performance in the Carib Cup. Penalty shoot out to win the semis and lost the final to a team ... cyaan memba dem name now. But hey ... if y'all want to convince yourselves about having an abundance of talent .... by all means .... I'll just sit here wondering what y'all drinkin ....

Comment

If we don't have have the talent, how did Sterling, Bailey, Aarons at Newcastle doing so good, How is Kemar Lawerence seen as the best player on Red Bulls and catching the eyes of so many clubs in Europe. We have talent, what we don't have is consistency which evolve around the coaching and administering of the game.

Remember a time in Track and Field in the 90s when it seems like we only could produce average talent? What change?
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                              If we don't have have the talent, how did Sterling, Bailey, Aarons at Newcastle doing so good, How is Kemar Lawerence seen as the best player on Red Bulls and catching the eyes of so many clubs in Europe. We have talent, what we don't have is consistency which evolve around the coaching and administering of the game.

Remember a time in Track and Field in the 90s when it seems like we only could produce average talent? What change?
                              There is a difference between having some talent and AN ABUNDANCE of talent.

Comment

Working...
                              X