Excellent analysis on HS ball vs JA development needs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excellent analysis on HS ball vs JA development needs

...No small-minded, superficial, ignorant yappin from Damani that "high school football is the problem". Instead we have intelligent & informed analysis. Noice!! Rare!!

The problem of course is the lack of a development system...which leads Jamaica's stupid football admin structure to lazily RELY on HS ball primarily for talent (plus..wussa.. journeymen English Snowballas ).
    That RELIANCE & the STUPID PHILOSOPHY underlying it are the problems.

Only nincompoops would divine from that scenario...that high school football designed for recreation and an outlet allowing boys & their schools to express themselves...is intrinsically "the problem".

However, to paraphrase the esteemed Karl (how is he BTW?) ...NINCOMPOOPS ABOUND!! Come up inna dis Nincompoops

Stop Relying On High Schools - Damani Ralph

Published:Saturday | July 15, 2017 | 7:00 AMRachid Parchment

Former national footballer now turned agent, Damani Ralph, has criticised the quality of players being turned out by the national youth programme. Ralph said that the local players are no longer transitioning to the top clubs in the United States because now that there is more money being spent in Major League Soccer, clubs are able to look at better players from across the rest of the world.

"Personally, I am a bit disappointed with the level coming out and what's in the pipeline to come. Are we producing Andy Williamses? Are we producing Theodore Whitmores? Are we producing Walter Boyds? Are we producing Onandi Lowes? I don't see those calibre players, even in our youth system, in the Under-17s, the 20s. That's what the market had been used to seeing coming out of Jamaica and we haven't seen a lot of that anymore, so I do think we need to get back to the grassroots and start to improve the product because the product is what demands, whether it's a higher salary or the opportunity. The product has to be good enough for you to sell it.

Ralph went on to say that one of the biggest problems with the local system is that the programme is too reliant on the high-school system to produce talent to compete against players who are already in professional club systems across the rest of the world.

"Personally, Jamaica has the best high-school standard, probably across the world," Ralph said. "That said, we cannot expect the high schools to develop players who are going to compete against the top clubs around Europe or even here in the US, where they are getting five to 10 days per week in an academy set up in a professional environment where it's only football.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Of course if HS ballas have no clear path to the national team...why should they focus on developing themselves? Not to mention (altho I am)...why should di yutes focus on di foolfool club dem??

This is yet another destructive, unintended consequence of the abominable Snowball-First Policy of the past 15-20 years. If Snowaz-On Demand ah full up di team...what space is there for yutes & their real world competitive football development as we saw in 1994-97?? Ans: ZERO SPACE

This Snow Foolishness has destroyed the core of Jamaica's game.. i.e. The dreams & incentives for the nation's yutes to play ball for JA

Cyaan tap bun ut di eediat dem who promote dat destructive folly dat blight di yute dem future. Fiya Bun di heathen dem! Mi bun unnu out widout apology
    Last edited by Don1; July 16, 2017, 08:46 AM.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

What a statement !

"Personally, Jamaica has the best high-school standard, probably across the world,"

Damani asks alot of questions,sad that he offers no solutions.To the learned we have known this for years,of note its not that he says school boy football should not be a part of whatever developmental model but it should not be depended on !

It begs the questions given that it is the best in the world according to him,is there something else we can depend on ?

* Does he have an idea of what can be developed to depend on ?

* Would the best school boy league in the world be a part of it ?

Ahhhhh sah ,I would love to hear his solutions.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post

Cyaan tap bun ut di eediat dem who promote dat destructive folly dat blight di yute dem future.
        Well him ded now
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

=Sir X;578812]What a statement !

"Personally, Jamaica has the best high-school standard, probably across the world,"
          Intended or not I see this as a back-handed compliment. Since JA has no organized youth development system...our most talented yutes migrate to school ball.

In countries with more sensible football administrations...their best talent is with a structured club academy program..or in a national program

Damani asks alot of questions,sad that he offers no solutions.To the learned we have known this for years,of note its not that he says school boy football should not be a part of whatever developmental model but it should not be depended on !

It begs the questions given that it is the best in the world according to him,is there something else we can depend on ?

* Does he have an idea of what can be developed to depend on ?

* Would the best school boy league in the world be a part of it ?

Ahhhhh sah ,I would love to hear his solutions.
          We saw a short newspaper article on a certain subject. This can hardly be a comprehensive exposition of his views on development.

Since he appears to be analytical/logical and is undoubtedly experienced re other countries' development systems...it's certain that he has views on the above.

We just haven't seen those views in print

Comment

He has a right to ask the questions without offering solutions (would love if he could) but that is not his job.

Alternatively if he offers solutions, what then?
            Gaynor has said some things let's see ....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

He is something of a strategist, 'changes' is to captain's vision what oil is to water but it will still be pleasing to Burrell's backers.
              Appropriating more funds to the varipus parish councils is a step in the right direction,jus doan tink it should be the JFF President decision to make(a panel..),it could tantamount to buying votes, making it difficult to replace a myopic ,derelict JFF president.
              Korner de market, but what to do when his proposals are sensible ones?

Comment

The idea of having elite team camps in the summer and regular training weekly is a good one and should be done immediately. I have been advocating that for a long time.

Money should be given to the federation but what they have implemented should be supervised by a national TD or panel and that is where we are falling short. The federations that fall short should be disciplined.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Sass, when you respond to my post and I do not act in kind,it is because I agree with what you are saying.
                  Just thought I point that out to you.

Comment

No problem bredda.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

who elese in the world care about high school football. Do you know in Canada ontario elite soccer players in provincial are not allowed to play h.S .. Because the OSA thought the standard is poor and some idiat is gonna break your ankles and you are overtrainig from your club and provincial training..

Comment

Gamma

Gaynor sounds promising , his utterances is also asking alot of questions.Specifically why wasnt it done before ?

Money suddenly appears for an artificial pitch and parish associations,what else does he have money for,a better coaching program ?

Or is it lip service , with political motives ?

Burrell did admit he made mistakes,obviously some in the associations probably stakeholders from John Public let him know.

If this bredda Gaynor comes with a holistic program,its a good day for Jamaicas' youth development.

As for Damani, he and others should be bellowing a way forward every chance they get, we hear enough criticism everyday for the past 20 years, as Don likes to say yapping, offer solutions !

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Leave Ralph alone, his only fault is he did not go to Ardenne.

Comment

You talking to a Georges man by proxy ,My Grandfather went to Georges..hehe.

Comment

Of relevance a solution :

The fact that Jamaica’s most marketable football product is played at the high school level is an indication of how deeply embedded the tradition of schoolboy football is within the Jamaican football culture. It also devalues senior club football on the island, presenting a warped view of our football product.

It will be difficult to find a football power that has a similar outlook on its football landscape.

http://sayfcarib.com/blueprint-impro...lboy-football/

Comment

Working...
                              X