We face Canada next in the Gold Cup. I haven't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We face Canada next in the Gold Cup. I haven't

seen Canada in action. What are our chances? I see that they scored 4 of their 5 goals against the minnows in the group .... but how confident are the pundits that we can get by Canada?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Canada is playing better under their new coach Zambrano (sp?). Remember him....MetroStars old coach.

They have added only one player Larin.

Both teams are about equal...with Canada with a slight technical advantage imo.

This match up will be a yardstick for each team.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Pretty good summary but I will give Ja the edge in terms of youth and athleticism. Alvas stepped up in the first half but cooled in the second. Williams had a good game but at this level he must know he has to put away his chances. Mattocks showed why he is needed out there (penal kick). Mattocks should drift more to the mid this way he can run with speed
      on through balls or crosses (mix it up). Lowe made two mistakes the goal (from his lack of concentration) and his hesitation to clear. It could be fatigue coupled with lack of experience in long travel for games. Lowe stood up well in the Mexico game so I won't be hard on him. Lawrence must not argue or drop his shoulders with team mates on the field. Help your team mates with mistakes they make, off the pitch you voice your views. When in battle you are all in this together.

Comment

Who is the #5 for Jamaica. He plays on the wing. The El Salvador #11 ate his suppa every time down the wing.

You would think that your last two sentences would be unnecessary at this stage as far as the team is concerned. But you are right.
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Here is what I think the difference is .I think this is the Canadian team that you will see grow , they have ID the next group and seems to be willing to work on it.I am not sure Jamaica has found thierv18 in the back of their mind they can call Ub40s. I do think we should win however.

Comment

Working...
          X