A word about licenses...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A word about licenses...

...some people on here keep flapping dem gum about licenses. I personally agree that they are important, and further agree they are necessary to set a certain standard. However, the same people dem dat ah beat dem ches' about how Jamaica don't have a "minimum UEFA B" standard are the same ones that keep jukin' people who advance potential solutions to our football malaise with the "we bruk" mantra. Licenses of the A and B level are NOT CHEAP to come by, but you never hear sey we bruk when they are advanced as the panacea. The cost here in the US to go from bottom to top is about $10K plus travel, lodging, and other supplemental fees. By the time you're done, you'll be out $20K. But...I don't think that's the biggest issue. The even BIGGER issue is that license awards can be *highly subjective*. If you get the wrong instructor, or are not amongst the "favored elite" you can easily fail the B or the A (or the C, D, or E for that matter).

For example, a friend of mine recently took a recognized "B" license course. He was in a class with several former professionals. One of them was partnered with him on an assignment. My friend has been coaching for 15 years. He said he was educating the younger former pro (who he is still in contact with) on many of the assignments. The pro got a waiver to take the course (waiver requirements are playing for 5 years at Division 1 level and 5 years coaching at any level).

Now...it is important to recognize that there is a specific vocabulary these instructors want you to use, a specific set of coaching points for certain exercises, and on analysis, a specific set of observations they are expecting you to make. This former pro was suffering through the course, unable to fall in line with the recognized standards. The way I understand it, he never really coached, and while he played at a high level, was simply not a good student.

So the day of the final assessment comes, my bredrin fails ("Not yet ready"), and the former pro passes. As my idrin put it - "Those f-rs are a mafia business". So, next time you hear people flapping their gums about "UEFA A" dis and "UEFA B" dat, keep in mind that the assessments are SUBJECTIVE and will not necessarily amount to much if not administered properly or fairly. And we all know that if is one thing we are good at, it is unfairness (tief and corruption - like talent - abound!). The one arguable expectation though is that licensing requirements would introduce a set of standards which can only help to benefit our football overall, but don't expect miracles as some would have you believe, especially true seh "we bruk".

Tenk u.
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Gi mi ,mi ratings Pauly !

*I personally agree that they are important, and further agree they are necessary to set a certain standard.(Pauly)

*The one arguable expectation though is that licensing requirements would introduce a set of standards which can only help to benefit our football overall(Pauly)

Now to answer the (lie) that you have put forth that I havent offered solutions to deal with our financial situation,I have offered that the JFF,partner with other FA'S,FIFA and use its allocated 1.25 million to source said standard of licensure.

The figure you pull out of hot air ,isnt the one that I came up with,I saw on the net ,I saw $ 5 K and to the issue of teacher bias,its not reserved for the UEAFA courses ,other disciplines of educational certification not only sports report said bias.

Glad yuh twist yuh mouth,suh now yuh a advocate fi di ting,Welcome aboard Claffy.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Thank you Father Paul. Yuh juss gi mi some serious knowledge. Is ah good ting mi name di eternal Learner .

So yuh mean to tell mi say nuff ah dem whey mi see pon TV ah pose say dem ah coach dem ah nuh real coach? Yah man ah fren put dem deh. Nat even luv di game. Sake ah so dem wi do anyting fi win.

Thanks again, Respek.

Comment

I can sell you a bridge,yuh ever hear bout Trump university,half a dem no ave liscene and never sell a house .A suh yuh simple,like man can say it cost 20K when it cost 5K.

Jawge Grab & Flee,does Tappa have a UEAFA B license ?

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Yuh come back again wid yuh eediat argument? Boss go hol yuh corna big man ting ids. Gwaan go play yuh fantasy ball

Comment

Jawge grab and flee: Yuh too simple and yuh fren Pauly ah exaggerate fi mek a point.How many classes did you withdraw,transfer out of in college because the professors you had,was a terrible teacher ? Thats if you went to college!

Which bridge yuh want buy ?

The basic FA Level 1 course is £150, while Level 2 rises to £340. Then comes a steep increase. The standard cost of a UEFA "B" License -- a prerequisite to work at a professional club's academy -- is £990, and it can cost as much as £2,450. In Germany, the cost is €430; in Spain it is €1,100. For the UEFA "A" License, an English coach could pay a maximum of £5,820 -- but in Germany it is €530 and in Spain €1,200. Being a member of the FA's Licensed Coaches' Club (free to join for anyone with a basic Level 1 qualification) brings the cost down by 25 percent but the prices are significantly higher than on the continent and unquestionably difficult for the average person to afford, unless sponsored by a club.

http://www.espnfc.com/story/1572894/...st-of-coaching

Whey Pauly get 20 k from di lodging and food ?....lol

Comment

What Paul is saying is spot on . Itis something that I have witness many times. I have been in sessions where guys are complete morons but they got a particular session to prepare and they learn the coaching points and do well where I have seen good coaches and particularly one from Brazil who consistently failed because you had instructors Who wanted specific terminology and the solution was simply do what they ask you to do when you are there don't prove a point. Having said that it about standards , you understand and demonstrate session planning and game analysis and actually run session but most of all you get something to say I met a standard.

Comment

What Paul is saying is common in college.

Whey im get 20K from,how much it cost you in Canada?

Comment

No mi nuh go college mi leff dat fi yuh di face bwoy fram Ardenne. LOL Ah swear when mi did deh ah yaad mi tink Ardenne ah one girl only sschool. Yuh clear up tings fi mi still.

Comment

Easy nuhman,nuh show yuh face suh soon.A me come fi tear off fraud mask.

Comment

Dwl. Wooiiieee
                      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

John Public :

One thing we haven’t yet discussed is cost, and this is where the relatively low numbers begin to make a kind of sense. The National B license through U.S. Soccer costs $3,000, and the A course will set you back $4,000. This has not been a palatable change for everyone.

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/the91...ican-coaching/

https://www.ussoccer.com/coaching-education/licenses

https://www.reddit.com/r/MLS/comment...1y&sh=7ff94a28

Mi a tell yuh bout di bridge ting,20 K mi a charge fi a 5ft lead pipe and sell it as bridge, nuff simpleton out deh !

Comment

Provincial b is a 1000 but your club should pay it back. But UEFA is more depending where you go.Then if you are doing A courses they are lot of throry for 2-4 grand various levels. you could easily spend 20k. Certification is one type of coaching education and it's really a standard test but you have lots of privately run sessions where you have Ajax or Frunord coaches come in for a weekend and work with coaches.Those adds up. Even the NSCAA is a good opportunity but it adds up.

Comment

Oh no, not the school. Jawge.
                            I do not think you and X disagree on the fundamental issue, you went to college for accreditation.
                            A yard as a teenager, me master de parking ting insomuch dat me teach me wonderful sister how fi park.Mi fail de driving test and she passed,de cone wha me lick down was clear evidence why me neva pass, but what Paul Marin said happens quite often, what it shows is not having the license isn't an absolute indicator you are not a worthy coach.Besides, like I said,a coach with a A license would be perfectly okay with just getting to the finals,at the very least, there isn't anything suggesting Tappa was in dire need of certification in that tornament.What would he do if the requirement for a dream job is he has that license? Getting it opens doors.
                            Suh, even de minor tings unuh seemingly disagree pon, unuh nuh really disagree pon.

But back to the matter at hand, schools are off limits on this forum, you go there to your own peril,Sir.
                            A straight unuh line up back to back, tek 15 steps forward( inna opposite directions) den tun round and fiah,is ongle cause de law did a cometic change why school beefs are not settled that way here.
                            My fellow ites are so touchy on mayters concerning their school, and the shocking thing is they did not go to StGC.

Congrats to Tappa and our team!!
                            Last edited by Rockman; July 29, 2017, 04:42 AM.

Comment

A former coach and brethren of mine from NY call me up to say he was stopping by as he completed a course in GA. He was doing the B course. Now this is a man who played in the NASL with Pele etc. He has been coaching for more than 25 years.

He also failed yet he is honored multiply times in NY and is in Hall of fame of the coach he once coached. He was no interested in taking it again. He is also the a director at one the top NY upstate soccer program/

It is fancy to read stuff in a paper and chat bout.

Wouldn't be cheaper to get a top instructor to go to Jamaica and run seminars or develop a comprehensive program with some of our top coaching instructors?
                              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                              X