Question for the Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for the Forum

Does the JFF have powers or the jurisdiction over everything football as it relates to schoolboy football? Can the JFF go to ISSA to make demands about high school football and its competitions?
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
    Does the JFF have powers or the jurisdiction over everything football as it relates to schoolboy football? Can the JFF go to ISSA to make demands about high school football and its competitions?
    I could recall some fuss years ago where someone in ISSA stated that they do not answer to the JFF. Don't remember the details of the argument, but that statement stuck with me. As much as I would hope that the JFF should be able to make demands, I dounbt they have the power.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

If you read page 2 at the bottom under definitions, it says the JFF is the governing body responsible for controlling,monitoring and organizing football in Jamaica.

http://www.ksafa.net/sites/default/f...egulations.pdf
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

If ISSA refuses to submit to JFF control,the JFF could mandate that parties associated with ISSA not paratake in schoolboy football e.g the coaches and referees.

Yuh see mi,that is control !

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Not everything... The federation as everything to do with the laws of the game as it relates to FIFA but it does not control the competition.

Comment

All the information that I have seen suggest the JFF has jurisdiction over ISSA! How it chooses to implement it, is a different matter , as I stated coaches and referees fall under the JFF umbrella,so school boy football or ISSA is at its mercy,ISSA can say they have the youths or talent pool, but as seen by the youth tournaments i.e corner leagues across the Island the JFF could work around that.

This is interesting to support my point !

http://www.jamaicafootballfederation.com/v1/?p=4788

'Bowl system' should be a natural progression of enhancing the current system. The immediate benefits would be, a Cornwall and a KC would not have to wait until both are champions at the same time(once every 10-20 years) to have a ‘Football clash’. Both possess a large fan base and could generate private sponsorship generating much needed funds for the ISSA/JFF and youth teams. A ranking system would legitimize such a structure.

http://jamschoolfootball.blogspot.co...-cup-2014.html

ISSA might argue they have no legal contract ceeding authority to the JFF, but given the business history of a working relationship proven by the need for JFF stewards to run the schoolboy competion i.e refs and coaches, ISSA has singed its life away a long time ago.
            Last edited by Sir X; September 18, 2017, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Not disagreeing...

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                My tuppance...JFF is FIFA's representative on the island and is in control of all FIFA related activities on and off the field. However, nothing is preventing you and me forming the Jangle Paul League(JPL) and telling JFF to take a hike. ISSA is in the same position. However, as another (unnamed) poster said, JFF could take the position that anybody playing in the JPL (or ISSA) would not be eligible for the national team etc. While not as controversial, we see the same thing here in the US with the NCAA and US Soccer. NCAA has NOTHING to do with FIFA. FIFA can huff and puff all they want, they cannot mandate to NCAA their rules or how they play the game. That's why you see "weird" substitution and other rules in NCAA. JFF could really make life miserable for ISSA however, whether they choose to do so or not is anyone's guess.
                "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

They are under the JFF umbrella but for most part independent. If you can recall when kids were called by the national program and they stayed and play for their schools instead and ISSA didn't have a problem with it.

ISSA can make their own rules. It is like US colleges whose rule is unlimited substitution in a game. The US Soccer is the main umbrella but they make their rules. This is also why they can set a grade standard for eligibility.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I didn't read this before I posted but you are exactly correct.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                    X