HL!!!.......Almiron verifying that young

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL!!!.......Almiron verifying that young

South American players are interested in coming to MLS.
    http://www.espnfc.com/atlanta-united...soccer-almiron

As I wrote last week, almost all the MLS teams already had scouts in South America, preparing/recruiting for next season, and they (all the teams) are planning to scout there for the rest of the year.......There's GOLD in South America.

......and at excellent cost at that......

MLS is more attractive year after year.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

The league has been growing by leaps & bounds, the last 5 years.......They have to give Garber his due. His business plan is paying off.

* On the list of professional sports leagues by revenue, MLS is ranked 14th.
      * On the list of professional soccer leagues by revenue, MLS is ranked 9th.
      * Last season, MLS average attendance was higher than Ligue 1, Campeonato Brasileiro Série A, Russian Premier League, Eredivisie & EFL Championship.

Comment

Bush League..............remember that forum term?

HL

Comment

Yeah!!! I remember some posters referring to MLS as Bush League.......The next 2 - 5 years are going to be interesting. The Detroit group are proposing a $1B development plan if they get into MLS, the Nashville group has the support of the mayor, and the Cincinnati group is getting more support for their own stadium.

Will be interesting to see how FC Barcelona's academy teams do in the USSDA (1st season).

Comment

I was in Nashville about 2 months ago. It is a natural hotbed for football.

HL

Comment

Are MLS players taking a knee? or dem not rich enough to go against the establishment? Just asking.
              Peter R

Comment

I asked the same question.

My conclusion is maybe not likely...since most of the players are from other countries. ATL UTD for ex. has only 3 USA nationals, and they are white.

HL

Comment

The MLS commissioner's (Don Garber) statement on protest -
                  http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/mls-c...f11ye6pefqlt88

Over to the players.

Comment

Working...
                  X