HL!!!.......Some info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL!!!.......Some info

I’ve been hearing all afternoon that Tab Ramos will be the interim USMNT head coach. I hear the rational is that, as the U20 head coach & U.S. Youth TD, he has coached & know many of the young players who will be the focus going forward…….I DO NOT rate Ramos as a coach & I don’t know of anything he has achieved as the Youth TD.

A USSDA player (18), from California, just signed a 2-year contract with Santos FC. I think he’s the first American youth player to sign a pro contract with a TOP Brazilian team…….Good luck to him.

I hear Tata’s name being mentioned as a possible candidate for the USMNT head coach position…….No word on who are in the running to be the next Technical Director. Position been vacant since Klinsmann’s firing.

Patty shop
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Ramos as long as its interim.

The USA has the budget to hire the best.

I think we may see a name brand for US coach shortly.
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
        Ramos as long as its interim.

The USA has the budget to hire the best.

I think we may see a name brand for US coach shortly.
        The problem is that they think they need to hire an American.
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Yeah, Ramos is interim.......From what I'm hearing, they won't hire the head coach until next year.......You already know I want a "foreign" head coach.

I think they should hire the TD first, and it's important he should have a say in who becomes the new head coach.......Also wouldn't mind a "foreign" TD, but if they go American, my pick is Claudio Reyna.

Comment

Reyna....hmmmm never thought of him, i could work wih that idea. Reyna run things at NYFC. Doing a pretty good job it appears.

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
              Reyna....hmmmm never thought of him, i could work wih that idea. Reyna run things at NYFC. Doing a pretty good job it appears.
              America needs anything but an American coach. They need first and foremost a SYSTEM that starts at the grass roots that REQUIRES technical development. There needs to be a set of standards across ALL clubs that mirrors something like what they have at Ajax for U8-U12. Nowhere in any form of US Soccer coaching licensing does anything like this exist. Without it American soccer ain't going ANYWHERE (neither Jamaican for that matter). The COERVER coaching regimen should be a mandatory requirement. That is just the MOST PROVEN form of technical development on the planet. From Ajax youth development guide:

When a 7 year old has passed the strict selection procedure and is allowed to wear his Ajax shirt at last, his first period will be devoted to learning the basic skills. He first needs to master various techniques if he is later to make the right choices in the various positions within the Ajax system. For this reason the drills developed by Wiel Coerver are used extensively for the 8 to 10 and 10 to 12 age groups. According to the coaching staff, these drills help children not only to use their feet more skillfully, but also to improve their balance, speed up their rhythm, pull away to the right and left, and use every part of their feet. The 8 to 10 year olds learn the rudiments of the Ajax system in a fun way. These are the objectives that the players must have achieved by the time they move up to the 12 to 14 age group.

Technical demands in the first phase include:
              • combining ball control and speed in complicated situations where there is an element of
              • resistance;
              • Ability to use both feet to side-foot and semi—side-foot the ball and kick it with
              • the instep, both along the ground and through the air, over short distances
              • Taking and cushioning the ball with all parts of the body
              • Juggling the ball with every part of the body except the arms
              • Passing accurately from a standing position and while on the move
              • Accurately shooting on goal
              • Working on various crosses
              • Learning the basic heading technique, without resistance
              • Developing and stimulating body swerves and feints
              • Learning techniques for taking a ball past an opponent
              • Learning to shield the ball
              • The throw in
              • Learning to take a penalty

As far as tactics the following principles apply to the youngest group:
              • Running into space to receive the ball
              • Positions in the length and breadth of the field
              • Linking up, linking back
              • Taking up positions to receive the ball
              • Playing from your own position
              • Taking over the position of another player
              • Learning to play in another position
              • Looking beyond the ball
              • Deciding the moment of choice between passing and making an individual run
              • Learning to shield the ball when dribbling and passing
              • Covering on the inside
              • Covering the most dangerous opponent

In the field of soccer know-how, the first targets are:
              • Learning the rules of the game
              • Learning to keep their boots in good condition
              • Learning to recognize the Ajax system of play
              • Learning to look after their bodies
              • Acquiring knowledge of diet in the context of matches and training
              • Learning knowledge of the rules of soccer and Ajax’s own specific culture
              "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

A lot of the things that Klinsmann is credited with doing, as a TD, came from Claudio Reyna, nearly 2 years before Klinsmann was hired as head coach & 4 years before he was named TD. He also was instrumental in bringing in Hugo Perez to help scout & develop a "feeder" for the national youth teams. A lot of players who were outside of the old system were scouted & brought into the system.......A lot of those young players, who are now in Europe, Mexico & MLS, are the ones that will form the USMNT, U23, U20 & U17 going forward.......There are still questions, by some, why Reyna, Javier Perez (who Reyna brought into the program from Real Madrid & Spain's youth development program) & especially Hugo Perez left the national program.
                Last edited by USAF; October 15, 2017, 02:44 PM.

Comment

HL!!! What do you think of Marcelo Bielsa as the new USMNT head coach???.......That's one of the names that's being circulated. Also heard he was once on USSF's list, but couldn't agree on all his requests. Someone said it was 2011 (Klinsmann was hired).

Also hearing Tata's name being mentioned a lot.

Comment

Tata...hell no. This is from a selfish perspective since he is doing very well with my local team.

Bielsa has an excellent resume. I would have no problems with him in charge.

HL

Comment

Heard that some people are pushing for Laurent Blanc to be added to the list of possible USMNT head coach.

Comment

.....whoever it is...he is going to be a "name brand" coach.....

HL

Comment

Working...
                        X