RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edwards: A vision for School boy football to move forward!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
    1. You said it years ago in great detail and supported it by saying,thats what they do in the states
    LYAD! I have NEVER said that. If I did, find me the link. You may be mistaking me for someone else, or I may have been on crack that day (and I've never done crack).

2.Who said anything ,including the authors that I have quoted/posted on about "develop professional level players" in school boy football.
    Edwards' article DIRECTLY STATES: "The unique history and culture of our sports infrastructure, football in particular, obliges ISSA, in tandem with the JFF, to pursue a cooperative path for the development of our youth football." WHAT DO YOU THINK DEVELOPMENT OF YOUTH FOOTBALL IS ABOUT???? PLAYING SUNDAY BALL????

3.Our GDP and cultural-historic,economic reality in youth athleticism,make it an ideal enviroment to develop youth footballers who can transition to a professional enviroment e.g like we do with our T&F athletes
    If this is the case, why to you keep on bleating about our "economic realities"? Our economic situation is a red herring.

4.You admit that the clubs are not delivering without looking at the factors why,and then suggest a fix ? The admission also implies that the school boy system has been the developmental pathway, if the clubs as you say arent delivering ! That colossal waste you speak of, took us to WC in 98 and a GC final !

Are you frigging kidding me??? School boy football took us the WC98??? LOL!!!!! Okay. Also - I have a fix, but you are to stupid to understand it. And it is based on copying what has been done in countries that share our economic realities.

If clubs dont have the support economically to support youth development and culturally we are raised on school boy football which is financied by corporate Jamaica,could that be a reason why clubs fail,realistically are we going to go against a 100 plus year culture to support youth development in clubs ? This is not to say that clubs developing youth should not be supported but we have to deal with the reality,unless yuh a gi dem di money.

The point, my pointed headed friend, is that the problem will not be solved with high school football being the pathway. Simple. We should focus on the models that have worked and stick to that - especially looking to Africa as they have similar challenges to us.

Now you might find my response to be zero or tripe,but it really begs the question are you an idiot

Sorry Reek'y - out ah de two ah we, boat might be fool, but you foola dan me -
    by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrr!!!!
    Once again, you prove you're intellectually inferior to my shoe bottom.
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

I find comfort under your shoe bottom that I have good company

Edwards:

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...3?profile=1511

Turner:

http://sayfcarib.com/blueprint-impro...lboy-football/

If only we were all as gifted as you Claffy.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I find comfort under your shoe bottom that I have good company

Edwards:

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...3?profile=1511

Turner:

http://sayfcarib.com/blueprint-impro...lboy-football/

If only we were all as gifted as you Claffy.
        I am not gifted...but I am not stupid like you. You repost links to the article we are arguing about - why? I read it and posted my comments. Why post it again dummy?

You add the link to the "blueprint" article, which directly states on the FIRST PARAGRAPH:

The fact that Jamaica’s most marketable football product is played at the high school level is an indication of how deeply embedded the tradition of schoolboy football is within the Jamaican football culture. It also devalues senior club football on the island, presenting a warped view of our football product.

And you want to continue the warping??? LOL!!!! Klown, you are out of your depth. Not only are you stupid, you are daft. Look up the difference, if you can read. Dyam eedyat.
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

I fail to see how the paragraph you quoted makes your point,he states school boy football is our most marketable product and its embedded in the culture,also it devalues club football and gives us a warped view of our football product.I believe I made said points,he then goes on to suggest ways to strenghten school boy football.

Yuh tek yuh medicine today Claffy,are you saying you now agree with both of us...lol,yuh say yuh nuh stupid like me ,yuh right yuh dumber !

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Paul what I have said is. Schoolboy football in Jamaica have all the good coaches. Even they coach elsewhere , they are attached to school so what ISSA need to do is get some of those coaches to run Islandwide camps. This will do wonders at the grassroot level. They can also run camps for the top players as well.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I fail to see how the paragraph you quoted makes your point,he states school boy football is our most marketable product and its embedded in the culture,also it devalues club football and gives us a warped view of our football product.I believe I made said points,he then goes on to suggest ways to strenghten school boy football.

Yuh tek yuh medicine today Claffy,are you saying you now agree with both of us...lol,yuh say yuh nuh stupid like me ,yuh right yuh dumber !
              The point is the SAME! Schoolboy football can be strengthened, no issue with that, but to do so at the exclusion of CLUB BALL will (FURTHER) devalue our football product and continue the WARPING. Like I said, SHOW ME ONE EXAMPLE where high school football has been the pathway in a country that produces a top product and me wi siddung. Until then, gwaan flap u gum. Twit. (And you won't show me - you will just say something stupid).

Comment

The point is you are an idiot!

Did anyone suggest it would be at the clubs expense!😏

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                  Paul what I have said is. Schoolboy football in Jamaica have all the good coaches. Even they coach elsewhere , they are attached to school so what ISSA need to do is get some of those coaches to run Islandwide camps. This will do wonders at the grassroot level. They can also run camps for the top players as well.
                  Sass - the nature of coaching requires that most coaches have to coach more than just high school. In America, many high school soccer coaches also coach basketball as they need to make a living year round. That said, the coaches are an important element, but the STRUCTURE is what is critical. Edwards makes some great suggestions (I assume) if the objective is to extend the high school football season, make the competition more balanced, and improve the overall entertainment value of the product. However, you CAN NOT develop a national programme without some simple guiding principles, none of which can realistically be delivered if we are dependent on high schools. National development programmes require:

1. recognition that development starts at age 4 (arguably 6) but certainly not age 13
                  2. a NATIONAL curriculum that emphasizes a national system of play
                  3. coaches trained in that national system of play
                  4. clubs that have embraced that national system of play
                  5. elite player communities at each age group from 13 - 17
                  6. senior playing opportunities for 18-21 year olds
                  7. a 10 month minimum season for age groups 8-21
                  8. international playing opportunities for ages 14-21

and there is more...but these are just off the top of my head.

There is ZERO chance that high schools in Jamaica can deliver that kind of development. It is just not practical. Now, as I said in an earlier post, if you or anyone can show me ANY COUNTRY where there has been a successful national pathway based on using high schools as the foundation, I will stand down. Note that I am NOT SAYING that high schools don't have their place, but it CAN NOT be the foundation for our youth development programme. That's crazy.

Comment

Esp when development starts at age 4,the clubs can do that ?😏

Idiot !

Comment

Esp when development starts at age 4,the clubs can do that ?😏

Idiot !
                      So you would rather the high schools do the U5 development? LOL!!! Fk you are stupid. It's not even funny. The point is that it is NOT age 13, eedyat. Note too that "clubs" does not mean clubs that are (exclusively) in the RSPL, in the US, there are thousands of clubs that have no senior team, but they all share a system. Same in Europe. Grassroots clubs are the KEY, but you are so fking dark you come on here and shoot tripe out your arse masquerading like you know what the fk you're talking about. Here - more education for a troubled eedyat, look at the age LFC starts offering courses (hint-not 13) :
                      https://bookings.liverpoolfc.com/soc...625.1515114907 Enjoy! You dum fk. You nuh tyad fi u miggle stump get rip out????

Comment

Paul all of that you just said is great. I will say this that high school starts at 11 and it is the most structured we currently have. I agree with you that getting them in a club structure and community is the best way to go but the fact is currently most of our teams are not having youth team.

JFF has to do their own development but at the same time ISSA is using the kids and really not helping them so they also need to invest some time into the kids to get a better product on the field and also assist them to transit into the NPL, college and other leagues. You can't make them get off so easy, just to get sponsorship, use the kids and do not invest into the product.

I agree that JFF the football community needs to do more, so too does ISSA. I don't expect ISSA to invest younger age than high school.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

What the idiot gave you is an outline for a program,he offers no solution on how to implement it, e.g in school -any educational school,from pre k to college,you have an outline of the subject to be taught.

I will break it down further,its like me telling you,you need to take math 101 before you can do math 102,what he leaves out is the meat and bones of it,you need proper nutrition,rest,clothes ,transportation,educators and of course resources to pay the tuition.

The idiot attacks the meat and bones of our youth football development (High School ) and references how others have done it,neglecting the reality of the current enviroment.He references Africa,as if our cultural historical economic situaton are the same,our sports culture is endemic to Jamaica,it took over a 100 years to cultivate.

How the hell Jamaican clubs can develop a 4 year old youth,when his first interaction of group sport is probably at pre -k,yes school ! and there is the contradiction,not even in his referenced Africa do they do that kind of development at that age.We could find that in the 1st world cultures and the glaring difference would be,you guessed it ,the economics of the culture.

Idiot,Claffy ead nuh good.
                          Last edited by Sir X; January 4, 2018, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                            Paul all of that you just said is great. I will say this that high school starts at 11 and it is the most structured we currently have. I agree with you that getting them in a club structure and community is the best way to go but the fact is currently most of our teams are not having youth team.

JFF has to do their own development but at the same time ISSA is using the kids and really not helping them so they also need to invest some time into the kids to get a better product on the field and also assist them to transit into the NPL, college and other leagues. You can't make them get off so easy, just to get sponsorship, use the kids and do not invest into the product.

I agree that JFF the football community needs to do more, so too does ISSA. I don't expect ISSA to invest younger age than high school.
                            EXACTLY!!! They can't!!! And they won't!!! SO...no talk of development can happen if we don't figure out how to create grassroots clubs that are part of a larger system. From age 4 (U5) all the way up to U13, the charge has to be led by a grassroots system that includes schools - but that is not LED by schools. The 11 and 12 year olds in high school would be part of it, but the entire system has to be based on the realization that 95% of development starts at the grassroots level between U5 and U13 - that's NOT high school. Basing our pathway on a high school program is like saying you're going to start teaching kids maths when they are 11. Education nuh werk so. If we don't have a plan at the elementary ages with a comprehensive grassroots program, we are kidding ourselves. Nothing new - Jamaica's institutions are run by John Crows and idiots.

Comment

The point is you are an idiot,who suggested high schools should do that,you said the clubs ! and initially i took it to mean professional clubs,now its grass roots clubs ,so where are we going to get qualified instructors at that level...idiot !

The authors and i were very specific why high schools should play there role,down to revamping it to meet certain criteria,they listed embedded and support,you must factor in the financial in that to present any alternative!

What you are suggesting is idiotic in that it does not factor that in,you first put it on the clubs to denigrate high school football ,now you are into what an american and european system to develop 4 year olds.

Yuh ave sense ,idiot !
                              Last edited by Sir X; January 4, 2018, 10:20 PM.

Comment

The point is you are an idiot,who suggested high schools should do that,you said the clubs ! and initially i took it to mean professional clubs,now its grass roots clubs ,so where are we going to get qualified instructors at that level...idiot !

The authors and i were very specific why high schools should play there role,down to revamping it to meet certain criteria,they listed embedded and support,you must factor in the financial in that to present any alternative!

What you are suggesting is idiotic in that it does not factor that in,you first put it on the clubs to denigrate high school football ,now you are into what an american and european system to develop 4 year olds.

Yuh ave sense ,idiot !
                                Ha ha ha...right...start developing football players at high school...see how far that gets you. You have no fekin sense whatsoever. And by the way, it goes to show how daft you are thinking that reference to "clubs" means "professional clubs" (and I know you thought RSPL clubs only...fek me... ) And as for where are we going to get the coaches...that question of yours is based on the darkness of thinking that you need every youth coach to be UEFA A or B! That is not possible. Simple. Youth coaches (U13 and down) are NOT the same as professional lever UEFA A/B coaches. They (should) focus on completely different set of development KPIs based on the nurturing the psychological and technical aspects of the game, with tertiary emphasis on tactical and physical aspects. Most development at the very young age groups can be done by far less qualified coaches than A/B coaches. In America, the F, E, D levels are within reach of anyone who is interested. The C, B and A are much more challenging with the B and A almost impossible now to get.

Lord help us if you and your asinine ideas were to ever take root because the system you are proposing is IDIOTIC. For any system to work - IT MUST START BEFORE HIGH SCHOOL. I CHALLENGE YOU TO FIND ONE SYSTEM THAT EVEN COMES CLOSE TO WHAT YOU ARE STUPIDLY PROMOTING - ONE!!!! If we want progress, we should do what the Belgians did. Their approach took them from FIFA Ranking of 55< to top 10 in less than 15 years. And I guarantee you - it did not focus on HIGH SCHOOL. That doesn't mean high school does not have a place, but it is NOT the starting point. All now me a write this ana laugh at how fool u are. You are ridiculously ignorant, but moreso - stupid.
                                Last edited by Paul Marin; January 5, 2018, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X