HL!!!.......FC Schalke signed a AUFC academy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL!!!.......FC Schalke signed a AUFC academy

player today (17yo Zyen Jones/Striker). A free signing. He was originally with Georgia United, before joining AUFC academy. I think that makes 5 Americans at Schalke, and the oldest is 19.......There's another 17yo, Chris Gloster at NYRB, who's also on Schalke's radar.

...what's the term a few on this forum use to describe the talent pool in Jamaica?

Abundance of talent...?

yes?
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Jamaica desperately needs a comprehensive youth development program. I think they are loosing out on so many talented youth, because there's no comprehensive youth development system in place to develop & nurture that talent.......The present U.S. youth development system is in it's infancy (having Pro teams & some independent academies be responsible for youth development, forming an academy league, the USSDA, & have the teams play a 10 month season, updating coach licensing, both US Soccer & MLS, etc.), and far from where it should be, BUT there's already a BIG difference & improvement, as we've never seen this many of our youth players being signed by TOP Euro teams, and so many Euro scouts at US youth tournaments.......Look at what England's youth teams have achieved, in the last 2 years, and the number of young players fighting for 1st team spots, since they made changes to their system in 2012.

Comment

HL they have a old time saying ah yaad "cock mout kill cock".

Okay let me say it before anyone missed it. I know for a fact that if you are selected and in the red bulls academy, you cannot, I repeat cannot play high school football (knew this for some years now). I'm assuming the above is the same for the rest of the US.

Comment

Players who compete in the USSDA, which is the elite U.S. academy league, are prohibited from playing high school soccer. The teams in the USSDA (over 150 boys teams) - all the MLS academy teams, some USL, NASL & independent academies, and it goes from U12 to U18/19. It runs from Fall to Summer (10 months), with a 2 month Winter break (they usually compete in Futsal during that time).......Girls were added last year.

Comment

It's not just the USSDA. Almost all of the top clubs in South Florida prevent high school age players from playing high school soccer if they're in the club's first team. This is true in many cities and towns around the country. Clubs will make exceptions,based on a players playing timein the season. One of the big problems is the high school playing schedule. It is virtually every day during the season and the kid's get overloaded. There is zero periodization.
            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Nice. Now re post your view on Ja with respect high school football. This post had the two jokers on the site prancing and doing cart wheels, I might add.

Comment

Well, I did suggest development through the clubs, but when I was informed that the Jamaican clubs didn't have the means nor organizational stability to undertake youth development and that the high school system was better equipped, I made changes to what I wrote.......I also posted info to show that some federations, like the DFB, work with schools in their youth development.

Comment

How can a state funded institution that is geared towards academics is more equipped to develop youth football than an actual FOOTBALL CLUB?

You must be Joking.Oh on to Germany are we talking about Germany who refine Calculus (see dy/dx) who has made colossal contributions to STEM via Gauss et al (coming though the years to present)?
                  Germany who despite two WW has one of the world's leading economy. Please tell me this is not the Germany you speak of

Comment

Idiot,a concacaf director and others more in the know how have made that claim, ignoring or denigrating that fact does not make it go away.

Comparing it with what others have done in their 1st world state, does not make it disappear,you seem to have a hard time accepting incontrovertible cultural athletic economic truths as it pertains to Jamaica.

We have to implement a system of development that fits this.

I predict corporate JA will pour more money in school boy football revamping the formatt to further assist with our development,why? Because the JFF is clueless thus leaving clubs further behind.

To borrow Paul's suggestion,although I flipped it,the JFF should mandate all school boy players attach themselves to a club,that might move interest and money the clubs way.

Yuh understand dat idiot,deal WID di reality!
                    Last edited by Sir X; February 27, 2018, 01:09 AM.
                    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Comment

HL!!! Another one - 18yo DC United central midfielder, Chris Durkin. Benfica made a $1M offer for him. Hannover & Inter are 2 other teams that had interest in him.......If he transfers to Benfica, he will join Keaton Parks (20), Armando Pelaez (20) & C.J. dos Santos (17) at the club.

*Joshua Sargent (striker), who made the move to Werder Bremen, a few weeks ago, turned 18 (3 days ago), and is now training with the 1st team. Can't play this season, since he couldn't sign a 1st contract during the Winter transfer window.

Comment

17yo Chris Gloster (LB), NYRB academy, was signed today by Hannover 96.

Comment

Working...
                          X