Messi vs. Ronaldo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Messi vs. Ronaldo

I always thought this was a stupid argument. Both fantastic talents, arguably, the two best players in the world. Let's face it, Messi had a bad day at the office today, but in fairness, he has had tremendous pressure heaped upon him by a country which expects to win the World Cup - every time it is held. It doesn't seem to matter that they have a subpar midfield, suspect defenders, and (let's face it), a B-rate keeper. Ronaldo has no such pressure. His country does not expect to win the World Cup. They just want to enjoy the ride. They already know that Ronaldo doesn't have the supporting cast to get them to the promised land. But of course, hope springs eternal with the success at the Euros lingering softly in the anals of recent memory.

To me, who is "better" comes down to a preference. Ronaldo has the edge due to his Champions League and Euro success, but for me, I just prefer Messi. Despite his international performances, he has bee a joy to watch.
    He has overcome physical limitations evolving into my kind of player, and is the kind of person we all find easy to admire: humble, quiet, hardworking. And of course, there's also this:
    https://twitter.com/fcb_lfc/status/434435725103484928

Walk good maestro and just do your best. (And for the avoidance of doubt, I still want Brazil to win the World Cup!)
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

messi is under this pressure cause he hasn't won anything...ronaldo isn't under the pressure cause he delivers...delivered a euro championship & 3 CL in a row...

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
      messi is under this pressure cause he hasn't won anything...ronaldo isn't under the pressure cause he delivers...delivered a euro championship & 3 CL in a row...
      And Messi hasn't delivered anything? Internationally, there's no argument as Ronaldo has a Euro and Messi has nothing, but club-wise Ronaldo is still behind Messi in terms of overall honours.

P.S. The way you a big him up, I guess Ronaldo is part of the "Manchester" family after all. LOL!!
      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

what is the pinnacle of club football? Who has won CL more times? Who is mentally stronger?

Comment

Or which team wears blue!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
            I always thought this was a stupid argument. Both fantastic talents, arguably, the two best players in the world. Let's face it, Messi had a bad day at the office today, but in fairness, he has had tremendous pressure heaped upon him by a country which expects to win the World Cup - every time it is held. It doesn't seem to matter that they have a subpar midfield, suspect defenders, and (let's face it), a B-rate keeper. Ronaldo has no such pressure. His country does not expect to win the World Cup. They just want to enjoy the ride. They already know that Ronaldo doesn't have the supporting cast to get them to the promised land. But of course, hope springs eternal with the success at the Euros lingering softly in the anals of recent memory.

To me, who is "better" comes down to a preference. Ronaldo has the edge due to his Champions League and Euro success, but for me, I just prefer Messi. Despite his international performances, he has bee a joy to watch.
            He has overcome physical limitations evolving into my kind of player, and is the kind of person we all find easy to admire: humble, quiet, hardworking. And of course, there's also this:
            https://twitter.com/fcb_lfc/status/434435725103484928

Walk good maestro and just do your best. (And for the avoidance of doubt, I still want Brazil to win the World Cup!)
            Personally, I rate both of them equally. Both are game changers. Ronaldo either recognized or was councilled that approaching 30 he won't be able to be bombing down the wings, skipping pass defenders. He reinvented himself to become the MOST feared striker in the world. Now, look at other players throughout the years .... a striker who wants to extend his career goes into the midfield and some try playing defense. I remember Molby reaching the end of his career playing only in the center circle spraying the passes.

Ronaldo is playing as a striker and his scoring at an amazing rate.

Messi should have pledge his loyalty to Spain ...he would have won something already. I hope Argentina get sent home, not because of Messi, but because of Argentina (Bricktop side)
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
            X