X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin-Prince Boateng on racism in football:

Kevin-Prince Boateng on racism in football: 'Nothing has changed'

http://www.espn.com/soccer/italian-s...ng-has-changed
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

There is some sorts of affirmative actions already implemented, I remember when EPL teams made a mad dash to meet the required amount of England players ....
    Why stop there, and what of the nonsense about the referee determining if an act is racist,what if he is from Uruguay?
    I always wondered why Messi isn't hacked down by the opponents as Neymar, it has to be the refs giving him better protection.
    I said it before, the way to stem those racist attacks is to appropriate the fines directly to the victimized group,that goes everything the racist is trying to achieve.
    Let us diversify the attendees, season tickets (paid by the fines)given to so-called minorities.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
      There is some sorts of affirmative actions already implemented, I remember when EPL teams made a mad dash to meet the required amount of England players ....
      Why stop there, and what of the nonsense about the referee determining if an act is racist,what if he is from Uruguay?
      I always wondered why Messi isn't hacked down by the opponents as Neymar, it has to be the refs giving him better protection.
      I said it before, the way to stem those racist attacks is to appropriate the fines directly to the victimized group,that goes everything the racist is trying to achieve.
      Let us diversify the attendees, season tickets (paid by the fines)given to so-called minorities.
      Rock - while I appreciate the sentiment, I think these are probably the single most insane ideas I have heard in the history of the universe. How about a simple thing like - "Ban the clubs from participating in the league for a year if their fans are guilty of racism. Players found guilty would be banned for life."
      That will work better than any sort of fine or suspension.

One of my boys last year got a red card for calling a referee a "corn head ni**er". Both the kid and the referee were white. The club imposed a 3 ban suspension on the kid and the league did so also. I bet that kid has forgotten about it already and is probably still using the "n" word. Fines and suspensions have to be extremely severe or else they don't work.
      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Here is the thing, what you suggest or something similar is probably already enacted,and to no avail.
        By dynamics, the racist will try his or her best not to financially assist the afflicted group.
        Last edited by Rockman; November 12, 2018, 12:10 PM.

Comment

AND if it persists, continued financial assistance for the targeted...

Comment

Working...
          X