Jamaica August friendly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica August friendly

I thought that after the Asian tour, Boxhill said we would have a friendly close to the end of August, and at that time we would be calling a real team to play. It is funny that no further word is said about this. It is either that the game is not happening or once again we cannot get a team to give us a bly. As a matter of fact, who wants to play a team ranked in the 90s by FIFA?

Since the USA has canceled their match with Mexico which was set for September 9th so they can play Brazil, I guess the JFF could see if the Mexicans would want to consider us as a replacement for their canceled game.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
    I thought that after the Asian tour, Boxhill said we would have a friendly close to the end of August, and at that time we would be calling a real team to play. It is funny that no further word is said about this. It is either that the game is not happening or once again we cannot get a team to give us a bly. As a matter of fact, who wants to play a team ranked in the 90s by FIFA?

Since the USA has canceled their match with Mexico which was set for September 9th so they can play Brazil, I guess the JFF could see if the Mexicans would want to consider us as a replacement for their canceled game.
    Portia Derail that plan... true to form.

Comment

Tilla,playing the mexicans would not be the way to go.How about Cuba They have got some good results before the copa de oro and playing there full team we should have a good game.If we should use Chile as a measuring stick,we are on the same level as the cubans(i.e RBZ 2nd team).

Comment

The Mexicans consider playing Jamaica since the arrangement with the US fell through .

Tilla you've gats to take serious tings turn laugh.
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

egg-zackly Pepsi!!

Jamaica has gats to start small and build up.

They would have to start dropping some 6-nil on teams like Cuba, Haiti and others countries --for the better teams to take notice.
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
            With the right clout anything is possible!

Not at Mexico City with a team (i.e. a team that is not a TEAM) getting its first 'run out' for quite some time. Now if Mexico would visit at the national stadium (far from the rarefied air of Mexico City or any other such place) or in the US e.g. say California, and we could get a worthwhile piece of the broadcast rights?

Sure!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I think boxhill mis spoke, Sept 12 is the next fifa dates.. I dont see how he could play in august with either trainig camps or league starting up. I know canada plays costa rica around then..

Comment

but then again...

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                With the right clout anything is possible!

Not at Mexico City with a team (i.e. a team that is not a TEAM) getting its first 'run out' for quite some time. Now if Mexico would visit at the national stadium (far from the rarefied air of Mexico City or any other such place) or in the US e.g. say California, and we could get a worthwhile piece of the broadcast rights?

Sure!
                This would be a bad decision by Cocah Bora,the RBZ is capable of beating any!! Concacaf team.However with the CONFIDENCE LEVEL on the lowish side,(say 4 from 10) we need a victory to start with.We need a opponent that is worthy.The mexicans under Hugo sanchez are very unpredictable but should they beat us,that would put down our confidence,weh me a seh,a game fi motivation,dats all.

Comment

Still, it would be wise to announce a game if they have an arrangement in place. This advertising a game with only days to spare does not make good business sense. But then, who said Boxhill was known for his business sense?
                  "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

agree Tilla,secrecy does not make sense...

each game must be advertize @ least six wks before...while am at it,here are a few potential Teams that comes to mind.
                    Europe:\\\\\

Northern Ireland at Jamaica

Bolton wanderers at jamaica

Derby county at jamaica
                    Caribben& Americas://///

Jamaica at st. vincent,but first Cuba
                    venezuelia (home & away)

Comment

we must play cuba at home,and this can be a easy arrangement for the jFF,becau cuba is a member of the CFU.

Comment

True. I dont think boxhill is doing anything right now and sadly it seems that those who makes up his leadership is not doing anything either. Shocking vibes is doing the election thing. Have not heard anythig about Price and co and the whole thing is a mess. I need really to have a discussion about the leadership and future leadership. Maybe Mr. Stevenson is right, it needs to be a paid position as what is happening now with the u15 is really the lowest of low.

Comment

playing club team now is not an option. We need to play teams to get our ranking up. So play teams higher ranked. I think we need to play in Europe though.. Can is playing Iceland in Europe and then costa rica in T. Why so the European player dont have to sacrifice their club schedule of jet lag so early in their season.

Comment

why Iceland & Costa Rica OJ ? the Teams that I have mention covered every region except Africa,Costa Rica !-we should benefit from the venezuelia game,N Ireland we can use to counter N American teams and and ST vincent & Cuba caribbean and Central american teams

Comment

sorry did not mean we should be playing them but we should be playing in Europe so our European players who would may have a difficult time comming back to Jamaica due to club would be readily available. I use the examlple of Can playing iceland as that. We can also play canada as they are going to be tough this time around.

Comment

Working...
                              X