• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aidy: Marlon is not for sale

Aidy: Marlon is not for sale
    By Kevin Affleck
    Marlon King
    AIDY BOOTHROYD insists Marlon King is going "nowhere".

Premiership new boys Derby are rumoured to be chasing the 27-year-old striker, who scored the winner against Wolves on Saturday, but the Watford manager will rebuff any approach for his chief goalscorer.

"We haven't had any bid and they haven't got enough money," said Boothroyd.

"If we get to the Premiership it is worth £60m and unless someone has got £60m then he isn't going anywhere. It's as simple as that.

"Selling Hameur Bouazza and Ashley Young was a different kettle of fish. Marlon King stays as long as I'm here. He is part of the core of the team that got promotion and he's going to get us back to the Premiership. He's a key part of my plans."
    advertisement
    No need to thank me forumites.

Marlon, 60 million pounds?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
      Marlon, 60 million pounds?
      Surely his coach jests! I think he is trying to scare away any potential suitors. If a team offers $6 million pounds for King do you really think the club would turn it down? My gamble would be heck no. Damn shame King was injured last year. He did score one of the top 5 goals in the EPL that first weekend last year. - T.K.
      No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

TK, did you see the penalty king tool sattiday? It was a beauty. Saw it on Setanta free preview live.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Working...
        X