• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taxi Lawrence Is Finally Emancipated

good for him. very good news.

Comment

Him get him license now. Good move Taxi
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

NYRB looking to sell their defense. 1st they transferred their RB, Michael Amir Murillo (23), on January 1st, to RSC Anderlecht. Then they entered negotiations, with West Ham United, to transfer CB, Aaron Long (27), but rejected the $4.5M offer, last week. Now it's reported that they're transferring their LB, Lawrence, to RSC Anderlecht.......It was reported, last Summer, that Jesse Marsch (Lawrence 1st head coach at NYRB), wanted him at RB Salzburg, but the Salzburg management didn't support the move.

Comment

I am surprise they did not demand more for Lawrence.

Comment

A lot of people are surprised, since it's reported that NYRB valued him as high as Long ($6M).

Comment

This was reported: "Kemar Lawrence transfer to RSC Anderlecht is official, completed just before the deadline. Fee is $1.2M. Lawrence will essentially double his salary, and could come close to tripling it with bonuses."
              "The transfer was an absolute bargain for Anderlecht. They couldn't pass on this."
              "All the best to Lawrence. No one deserves their opportunity to play in Europe and big boost in salary more than Kemar."

Comment

so if they valued him that highly why were they paying him peanuts ($380,000)?

Comment

When he signed his contract for that amount, he was one of the top fullbacks in the league & the best LB, so why did he sign for just that???.......Know your value/worth. Don't leave it up to others to decide how much you're worth.

Comment

Come on USAF. Yes he was one of the top in the league at that time. Remember he was coming from between 80-120,000. He wanted to be faithful to the Red bull for giving him a chance. He has asked them more than once for an upgrade and if they valued him so much they could have up the amount. He asked for a trade after they wouldn't give him a little bit more.

At least they honor it and give him a chance to make a little more money.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

WTH are you talking about??? You need to get your facts right.......Lawrence made over $250,000 in 2018. Near the end of 2018, RBNY renewed his contract and his 2019 salary was a little over $380,000.......Aaron Long made a little over $73,000 for 2018. Early 2019, RBNY renewed his contract and his 2019 salary was $800,000.......Tim Parker made about $116,000 in 2018. At the end of 2018, RBNY gave him a new contract and his 2019 salary was a little over $750,000.......It was the middle of 2019, when all MLS salaries were made public, Lawrence saw that his contract wasn't as good as he thought = His agent is a clown.

Comment

What I am talking about is when he came to RB he was making peanuts, until it was renewed.

https://sbisoccer.com/2020/01/source...-to-anderlecht

don't take it from me.

Comment

STOP!!! Because that article does not refute anything I have posted:
                          1. In 2018, Lawrence was making over $260,000 more than Parker & over $300,000 more than Long.
                          2. All 3 defenders had their contracts renewed within a couple months.
                          3. In 2019, Lawrence was making over $400,000 less than Long & over $370,000 less than Parker.

Kemar has no one to blame, but his agent:
                          Lawrence's salary went from $250,000 to $380,000
                          Parker's salary went from $116,000 to $750,000
                          Long's salary went from $73,000 to $800,000

Comment

It doesn't refute anything I said.
                            Kemar was making peanuts before the contract
                            He got a new contract and after playing and thinking he is the best left back in the league, he wanted a raise and Red Bull wouldn't do it so he asked for a transfer and now he got it.

That was my inital argument you tried to counter.

Comment

great...so if NYRB valued him so highly (per your claim) then why did they let him go for peanuts? you value someone highly so you severely underpay them then sell them for 5 times below market value when he complains? makes sense to you?

Comment

Working...
                              X