Independence Park(Stadium)memory (:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Independence Park(Stadium)memory (:

The most Notable Game for me there was a 0-0 v Russia,and a 2-1 v Crystal palace,when goals about to score the Girls would scream and the men would say Gool!.It would be nice if someone else can share there experience.

For me, its gotta be the game Jamaica vs Trinidad and Tobago, World Cup qualifier I believe for the 2002 World cup, played on Ash Wednesday. There must have been about 30K fans in the ofice 2 hrs before kick-off, the atmosphere was electric. I beleive that was our first home game since the untimely death of Steve Shorty Malcolm.

Then to cap it off, Tyrone Marshall scored one of the best golas I've witnessed live in all my years of watching football. Shaka Hislop, who was at the top of his game in teh EPL at the time, had no answer to that goal. I believe York was coming off a hattrick the previous weekend too in his latest ManU game...vs Arsenal if memery serves me correct.

And of course....that 0-0 tie against Mexico that qualifoed us for France-98. The game itself wasnt all that...but the feeling after ...words cannot describe.
    President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

I was at the November 1997 0-0 v Mexico,that the game best discribe a electric aemosphere, all of jamaica was electric.

Comment

i was at that game too...worthy of honourable mention is the 1-0 win against mexico to get us the hex...pepe scored in a must win game...... ( i wasn't there but mi falla it on radion AND tv)

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
          i was at that game too...worthy of honourable mention is the 1-0 win against mexico to get us the hex...pepe scored in a must win game...... ( i wasn't there but mi falla it on radion AND tv)
          saw that game on univision (NY) good one!.

Comment

lazie,a which one yu seh u go,canada or el salvador?.

Comment

I remember that T&T game so well!!! Mosiah, Rico, mysef and others I cannot remember now was there together.
              "We're not getting our butts kicked." Lauryn Williams on the U.S.-Jamaica rivalry.

Comment

That same MexTico game for me. I got there from 7 a.m. I was about 10 persons away from the gate and almost ended up missing the game because of the indiscipline john crows who nuh believe inna lines. Me nearly haffi bruk one fight wid one a dem who actually stepped on me wife head fe climb ova people. The moment itself was memorable.
                Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
                X