IT will be a liverpool Arsenal year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IT will be a liverpool Arsenal year

More so Liver pool , we do have depth in every department and vesatility.Veronin and Torres will be devastating.

Man U lack depth ...injuries will kill you and me nuh waan hear nuh injury excuse after spending 50 mil

Chelsea defence will be exposed as porous .

Arsenal have been rebuilding for 3 years and this year we will see the fruits , but they will be eaten by Liverpool.

Liverpool , the Masters of europe will take the Prem shield home , depth , quality and a Genius as a Coach.I see no other Prem team with an attack like ours .Torres , Veronin, Kuyt ,Crouch and the versatility of Babel.Our Midfield is the best in the Prem , our Defence is compact with a defensive midfielder(maschi /sissko/Levia) without them I am nervous.

Our weakness is on the left wing , Harry Kewell is injury prone , no depth over there.

The defeat of Chelsea this weekend will put the world on notice , we are taking it home.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Unuh just win unuh match and stop chat! A nil all draw wouldn't be too bad either. A what time a de match, cause me need fe draw one gallon a coffee fe stay awake...........de two most boring teams in Europe.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I certainly hope your analysis is correct... I believe it to be true that Liverpool MUST focus on winning the premiership as that is what they have to prove to their fans.

Winning Europe will not be enough to really satisfy the faithful.

pr
      Peter R

Comment

Peter like a true liverpool fan you expectations are unbelievable , To win or be in the C.L league final every other year isnt good enough , hence the call for the sacking of the mananger?.... wow take a deep breath how many teams in the prem wish they were in our position, how many fans in the prem wish they had our high standards.

Boss I see none .

BOSS: SEASON DOESN'T REST ON SUNDAY
        Jimmy Rice 16 August 2007
        Rafa Benitez insists Liverpool's season does not rest on the result against Chelsea on Sunday.
        The arrival of Jose Mourinho's men to Anfield is sure to give the Liverpool boss an indication of where his team is at following a busy summer in the transfer market.

However, Benitez is keen to stress that league titles are won through consistency, not one-off results.

"Winning against Aston Villa, I said we shouldn't get carried away. Now, this is just the second game. It is important to win, and especially against a top side because it sends a message, but it's just one game," the Spaniard told a press conference at Melwood on Thursday.

"I will be pleased if I see the team progressing. If we win as well, that's better. But if you want to be a real contender, it's not just about winning one game – you need to win many."

On how much Wednesday's game in the searing heat of Toulouse has taken out of his players, Benitez added: "I don't think it will have an effect. We have enough time and we can rotate some players if necessary, so it's not a problem.

"We have confidence because we know we can beat them."

Asked about Jose Mourinho's suggestion that Liverpool are under more pressure this year because of their summer signings, Benitez said: "The managers are not important. It is much better for the game if we talk about players like Steven Gerrard and John Terry.

"He said he does not talk about other teams, maybe he forgot this time. Anyway, we know we need to win a lot of games because we are a top side.

"But if you analyse who finished at the top of the table last season, and who has spent the most money over the last five years, two teams are ahead of the rest."

The Liverpool boss was also questioned about Jamie Carragher's decision not to rethink his England future.

Benitez believes it can only be positive for the Reds: "I think it's important for him and us to see him focused on his club. I think it will help his career over the next few years.

"He decided to do it because he wasn't always involved. As a manager you must respect the other managers, and Steve McLaren has other options. He decided to use them and that's fair enough."

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Yawwwwnnn
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

TOULOUSE V REDS: THE BIG-MATCH VERDICT

Liverpool put themselves in a strong position to qualify for the Champions League proper with a 1-0 win in Toulouse on Wednesday. Here's the pick of the post-match reaction.

The former player
            It was job done in difficult conditions. I don't think Toulouse were a superb side “ I think the weather caused Liverpool more problems than they did. It's a good result to take back to Anfield and you have to be confident we'll go through now. Voronin's goal came out of nowhere. It was a fantastic strike, and I think he has come in and surprised quite a few supporters with the contribution he's making. As for who stood out, well Babel looked dangerous early on down the right, and Benayoun showed a few touches which illustrated why Rafa wanted him, but for me Mascherano was the pick, because right until the final whistle he was in there breaking up attacks.
            Gary Gillespie

The fan
            Voronin continues to make it very difficult for Rafa to leave him out. He plays, he creates and he scores, simple as. Mascherano was MOTM in a game tailor-made for him, though. He kept the house clean throughout and even mustered enough energy to run 50-60 yards downfield in the last couple of minutes. An away-goal cushion and hopefully no serious injuries - mission accomplished. Bring on the blue men!
            Snipes, Liverpoolfc.tv message boards

The local paper
            There can be few better ways of announcing your arrival than the 25-yard screamer that flashed into the top corner two minutes before the interval. Voronin's application and attitude during pre-season has impressed and his determination not to be a bit-part squad member will benefit both player and club. Memories of recent Champions League scares against Grazer and CSKA Sofia will ensure no complacency among Liverpool ranks in the Anfield return on Tuesday week.
            Ian Doyle, Daily Post

The journalist
            It was a fantastic goal from Andriy Voronin and I get the impression that when he plays he is going to score a lot of goals for Liverpool. He will, I'm sure, score predatory ones as well as the spectacular goals like we saw against Toulouse. I think Liverpool did a good professional job, as Rafael Benitez said, and I don't see the French side causing them too many problems at Anfield in the second leg.
            Ian Kennedy, BBC Radio Merseyside

The national newspaper
            Benitez's counterpart, Elie Baup, whose trademark is his baseball cap, commented that what struck him about Liverpool was their almost mechanical organisation. Benitez had quipped the one thing Liverpool had not been able to control had been the sun.
            Tim Rich, The Daily Telegraph

The commentator
            Liverpool did all that could be asked of them “ winning the game. Andriy Voronin's strike was of the highest quality and was a goal good enough to win any game. I thought Javier Mascherano was excellent in his first start for the Reds since the Champions League final. He works so hard and is a pest to the opposition. The heat was unbelievable “ easily comparable to when I commentated on Liverpool during pre-season in the Far East. The only thing we've got to hope now is Stevie G's kicked toe turns out to be nothing and he's fit for the big one on Sunday. Steve Hunter, Liverpoolfc.tv commentator

The boss
            I was pleased with what was a very professional performance in conditions that were very, very difficult, as it was so hot and the pitch was poor. We controlled most things but we couldn't control the effects of the sun at this time of the day. We knew that and were trying to protect the players and took a lot of precautions. We made changes, and I think it worked because we produced a comfortable performance and still have fresh legs for Sunday against Chelsea, so I am pleased. Rafa Benitez

The Liverpool player
            It was one of the hottest games I've played in. It was a really good result for us, especially considering they beat Lyon at home at the weekend. We got an away goal and a clean sheet, and that's what we would have hoped for before the match. It puts us in a great position, but we can't take anything for granted. We've still got to finish the job. Steve Finnan

Comment

So X...why you nuh bet yuh 'lunch' mony pan Liverpool--since yuh know suh much?
              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Win CL every other year????
                The battle for Pool regarding the EPL, isn't to win it, it is to some how, year in year out, qualify for CL.

Blessed

Comment

My point is that the CL is like a "been there done that" kind of thing. I would prefer to see Liverpool win the Premiership as to me they've proven themselves on that stage; now, with respect to the League Pool is really living off a distant past as winners at home.

Time to win at home I say. I don't have any other expectations other than that they do their best.

pr
                  Peter R

Comment

Jangle - ah bet yu neva need no coffee...far from a boring encounter
                    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Working...
                    X