• Show
Clear All

• Boyz 4-5-1 Tournament Team

Blake

Fisher Mariappa Moore Bell

Lowe Hector

Reid DJ Bailey

Boza

Best and most experienced side, all veterans who have been there and back.

SUbs Speedy, Flemmo, Burke, Taxi if ready.

If you cant hold a spot on a starting 11 in a decent league you shouldn't even be anywhere near this starting 11 or subs, must earn place when subbed in if ever subbed in Morrison if he ever shows, McGee

Not bad , I think its marriapa at Right back Lowe and Moore at CD and Taxi left.. With Hector and Johnson as the 2 holding. Do we know the status of Ravel? It would be Bailey Morrison, Reid and Boza up top. If Ravel is out you will see Flemings in the middle, because tappa likes his work rate, although in my view he is not a midfielder.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut
      Blake

Fisher Mariappa Moore Bell

Lowe Hector

Reid DJ Bailey

Boza

Best and most experienced side, all veterans who have been there and back.

SUbs Speedy, Flemmo, Burke, Taxi if ready.

If you cant hold a spot on a starting 11 in a decent league you shouldn't even be anywhere near this starting 11 or subs, must earn place when subbed in if ever subbed in Morrison if he ever shows, McGee
      I like Lowe as a CD. I have seen Hector being used in that position b4, but to play Lowe alongside him ...wouldn't that make the team TOO defensive? That would be 6 defenders.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

That is what I love the most,about it, we must be able to shut down attacks first and foremost.

Shut down attacking space and have more players in that space, interceptions or any disruption if opponent attack with their team supporting attack leaves them in disarray on our counter.

Both Lowe and Hector are excellent in that regard and we keep Hector out of that last back four, his pluckiness can be either mistake or inspired play, best in that position and Lowe is insurance and is there as Marshall of the team Defense and also good heartbeat connector of team. If he can step up in thus broke Boyz will be a force.

Comment

We have enough players to liberate Lowe from CD and place him where we have greatest need. Taxi has his meter off right now, so who knows, we need him at 100% not 65.

Johnson better at Attacking mid rather than defensive. Ravel is a waste of time. Cant hack it anywhere, fits most Janaicans love of ballers all style and zero substance!

Comment

Why you say that about taxi. He is available after today game in New England. I dont think the coach shares your view on Ravel or Lowe. My opinion is Lowe does not have the engine for 90 minutes has CDM and from what the coach said he prefers not to use him there.

Comment

I think when pinnock comes in you may see lowe there but for now I wouldnt. Although it is a solid idea but he needs to build his fitness for that role. He was spent at 60 in the Serbia game..

Comment

No way Lowe is in CM. While he will help defensively, I am not sure he will be a 85 percent passer and make run forward when is needed. I have to see him prove that at this level before he is in.

I love his defensive skills.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

He has played there in younger years. But I dont know about his passing Range and game control there, I think that may come but I know he struggled with fitness in the last game but I think it is an option. However I would look elsewhere. I was actually impressed with the Anglin kid at that position not sure why they did not call him. We need to take chances with young players.

Comment

Assasin what's up man, hope everything good.
                    So nice point but really that 85% pass rate u talking about is super world class DM's, Kante, Ndudi, Bissouma, Rice, etc.

Our weakness is exactly there at DM and the thing we need most out of a Dm is defense, tackling, interceptions, reading the attack and stopping its momentum.

We would have been celebrating if we got Hayden from Newcastle but we did not. His pass percentage is right st 80%, not holding that against him so in my mind Lowe at 75 to 80% would be amazing, most of who we have in there are really not very good at all. Especially if he can really do the job on the d side which is critical and the passing of course is complementary to that, but of course we can survive and thrive at below 85% completion rate in that position.

Defense is stocked already and the best 11 must take the field with a strong defense /counterattack focus.
                    Last edited by Stonigut; July 8, 2021, 10:17 AM. Reason: Mistake

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                      Assasin what's up man, hope everything good.
                      So nice point but really that 85% pass rate u talking about is super world class DM's, Kante, Ndudi, Bissouma, Rice, etc.

Our weakness is exactly there at DM and the thing we need most out of a Dm is defense, tackling, interceptions, reading the attack and stopping its momentum.

We would have been celebrating if we got Hayden from Newcastle but we did not. His pass percentage is right st 80%, not holding that against him so in my mind Lowe at 75 to 80% would be amazing, most of who we have in there are really not very good at all. Especially if he can really do the job on the d side which is critical and the passing of course is complementary to that, but of course we can survive and thrive at below 85% completion rate in that position.

Defense is stocked already and the best 11 must take the field with a strong defense /counterattack focus.
                      Stonigut have you seen the young kid Anglin from HView now at Miami FC , what is your thoughts on him for that role for the future or even Lambert.

Comment

Have seen Lambert and like him a lot but truth us I am biased against the 'cool and easy' guys, much as I know he works hard just never feel like he is the guy at DM.

Dm for me has the DNA of both the chicken tief and the locomotive, never stop chugging and always looking to steal, disrupt and counter.

Anglin I really have never seen, didn't we have,a vet bane,Anglin way back, is he a relative.

Comment

I just think Lowe is a high risk in the DM. He hasn't played it in awhile. He will help out defensive but not sure about going forward. I think we should play with 1 defensive mid and two DJ and another midfielder who can make runs and come back defensively and can also shoot from outside the box.
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I believe in pedigree first,he can adapt quickly, midfield talent we have outside of DJ look weak, puny and certainly non existent from a DM standpoint. Defense overloaded with really good productive players, must steal from there.

Mids on squad.

Walker untested at this level or any level outside Ja.
                            Turgott is a total unknown.
                            Ravel is a mia and when he is there he is Mia too. Cannot understand why people go crazy on this guy.
                            McGee cant hold down second 11 in a second rate team in the Jupiler league and everyone expects him to just explode out of nowhere, just cannot understand it or cross it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                              Have seen Lambert and like him a lot but truth us I am biased against the 'cool and easy' guys, much as I know he works hard just never feel like he is the guy at DM.

Dm for me has the DNA of both the chicken tief and the locomotive, never stop chugging and always looking to steal, disrupt and counter.

Anglin I really have never seen, didn't we have,a vet bane,Anglin way back, is he a relative.
                              No relationship to Winston Anglin as far as I know. He is out of Harbour View now at Miami FC. I agree CDM has a DNA but needs special development.

Comment

Working...
                              X