• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blake is by far the best....

....goalkeeper Jamaica has ever seen.

The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

He is indeed noteworthy, definitely the one that received comprehensive formal training but I would not go that far though.
    HL, Jamaica is akin to Man U, it manufactures worthy keepers.
    On the issue of formal training, despite not having been schooled, Bibi and Whitmore remain our best wingback and attacking mid ever to come out of Jamaica.
    There are those distinguishing attributes among keepers, some of which can't be taught.

Comment

Reasonably stated.

HL

Comment

Agree on Blake, agree on Bibi even though Taxi has an outside shot at this if we do well in Gold cup, world cup and continues his career through strongly from here, but we seeing big hiccups in that recently with all the tough times he is going through.

Disagree totally on attacking mid, Andy Williams best by far. Only thing Tappa have over Andy is World Cup resume and two goals in Wcup. Otherwise it is Bomba by lengths.

Comment

Andy is waaaay up there, and so too is "I see dead people" Tyrone Marshall, both are Georgians(a point worth noting to show that they would have to fall short not to figure. ).
          The reason why Tappa is my choice is due to the role he played in advancing the the ball(he made passes and facilitated for the return pass by running into spaces). Arguably, he had more touches on the ball than any other attacking mid..., and was extremely skilled too.
          I believe Tappa contributed significant goals in our CONCACAF qualifiers too, so it is not just his unprecedented goals in the WC.He is my choice, and I have provided the reasons.

Comment

Wow powerful statement. Donnavan Rickets May have something to say about that. Andy Williams is not even in our top 10 at any level.

Comment

Tall P was a good shotstopper but didn't have a all aspect of the game like Blake does.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Blake has better agility imo.

HL

Comment

Tall p had height and you have heard the saying.. you can’t teach height.

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                    Blake has better agility imo.
                    He is the most agile of the modern ones but lacks height which is important in Europe. I do think he is great and could be in a big club , but at 6-1 or so some coaches just don’t like it. Having said that he is one of Jamicas best. Rickets probably played at a higher level.

Comment

Haha if ah laugh mi ah guh keel over and cyan get up.

Andy is by far the greatest attacking midfielder we have had career wise, almost to tg5e point that we have had mo one else who could actually play the role in a meaningful way at a club level. Durability, starting eleven consistently, productivity, leadership.

You have to remember is not how pretty you look on the ball or even the best jukes, even though Andy demonstrated time and again the ability to shake everyone on the field with his whirl and turn on the ball.

The stats say it all, number of matches played at professional club level, combined with national level and productivity at both combined, nobody comes close.

This is the exact reason why we can never have the best team, we always arguing about points with no facts, like Mcgee starting, he cant even mek Eupen starting 11 yet or Ravel Morrison playing for Ja, what a joke, the guy probably could not even stick a start at Constant Spring Fc on a week to week basis. Guys talking about Ravel like he is Cinderella at midnight and Tappa turns into a wizard and gives him a Flemmo heart of desire, not going to happen, never going to happen. Waste of time.

Comment

The only relevance height has is arm reach, and that has more to do with 'springy' legs and long arms.
                        Case in point, Romero(our former back up keeper) is a darn good keeper but he can be beaten if the shot taker aims for for the inside of the post, and there are strikers quite capable of pulling that off.

Comment

That is true but that is the mentality I see them use in club here that get a lot of tall no good keepers.

You had a keeper name Clive "Ninja" Smith who play for Titchfield, Boys Town and Jamaica in the 90s, who was no more than 5.8 who made many tall keepers look bad. If you went to games when Waddadah and Seba use to run the place in bay, you must have seen him playing against them.
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Andy is not even the best midfielder from Georges.. much yet jamaica.

Comment

yes but height matters in GK.

Comment

Working...
                              X