RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McGee opportunity but is it fair to him really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McGee opportunity but is it fair to him really?

Well McGee gets his big shot today, truth is much as I have been saying he shouldn't even be on the squad I hope he is able to look ok today.

Truth is now the pressure is really on, and on the biggest stage. He has not cemented himself at his club as yet and now we take him and put him on spotlight. Just don't understand it and if he does not play well it will be a big setback for him.
    I am a firm advocate for letting these young talents earn their way onto the side and putting them there before that does more harm than good.

Anyway good luck McGee fight like a Maroon warrior!

how do you think he will do in a 4-4-2? I think it needs to be a 5 man midfield.

Comment

Why does he need a 5 ?
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

If you play him in a 4-4-2 then you are going to require him to defend a bit because we really dont have a good holding mid. So you are going to ask him to play box to box essentially which is not his strength. I am one of those guys who dont believe in putting square pegs in round holes. Like a Ozil , James Rodriquez I dont like when you put the player in a situation where they are going to fail or struggle. in a 3 man midfield like a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 I can give him a free role and have him play close to the striker where he is most deadly. The last time I saw Mgeee he had great close skills but did not have range in terms of passing. I hope that has improved but overall he is better in a system that gives him a free role. The 4-4-2 will force him to defend and player deeper which unless he has improved that aspect thats not his strengths

Comment

You know his strength and weakness ,based on what ?

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I have seen him play many times from JC, to HView.. Him and Peter lee were two that I wish was in better hands due to their immense potential. I have only seen highlights of him since he went to Belgium that is why I stated I dont know if his range has improved. I am not like you who just chat ...

Comment

Yuh right ,yuh nuh juss chat,yuh chat pure fart!.

Any player in the modern game in the midfield must be able to play defensive and attacking midfield. Case in point LFC,every one of our midfielders can do that task.

McGee is in a European environment where that is the practice ,so your preference of 4-4-2 is baffling for a coach with a license,then again you don't have the A license.

Comment

Whilst every footballer “should” be able to play both attacking and defending, as a coach or even any layperson who knows anything about ball, you would want your player playing to his strengths.
                Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
                  Yuh right ,yuh nuh juss chat,yuh chat pure fart!.

Any player in the modern game in the midfield must be able to play defensive and attacking midfield. Case in point LFC,every one of our midfielders can do that task.

McGee is in a European environment where that is the practice ,so your preference of 4-4-2 is baffling for a coach with a license,then again you don't have the A license.
                  Now I know you are wanting in this area or you are just trying to be difficult. Dude do you think Zinadine Zidane defended box to box, or lets use Ozil because he was the one who got hit over the head with this. Ozil is never going to be a good defensive player but people like Jocian low and Wegner gave him the protection that he could play his game. When the supporting cast was not there he looked exposed so if you follow football and understand it you would here people like Jose Mourhino say they would put ball recovery around ozil and let him play his game.
                  Last edited by OJ; July 20, 2021, 02:12 PM.

Comment

BTW you only have one true midfielder at liver pool. Everyone else is a runner and ball fetcher. Henderson is not a true mf. Milner is not . The Wynaldum is gone and Keita is probably close.. So dont talk about midfield and Liverpool your attacking is down the wings through Mane and Sala and Firmino dropping deep. X you need to take your Wheaties if you want to discuss football.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                      Whilst every footballer “should” be able to play both attacking and defending, as a coach or even any layperson who knows anything about ball, you would want your player playing to his strengths.

How do you know if a particular formation is to his strength ?

Comment

Stick to your side,there is a reason Ozil struggled at Arsenal under different coaches ,he couldn't apply himself to a modern midfield.

My point stands that is the practice in Europe , Zidane is an exceptional talented midfielder where you build your team around him.

You can count on your 3 fingers where teams build their tactical philosophy around a player.

Yuh full a puree fart.

Comment

nothing is fair. He gets a chance, hopefully he will make use of it.
                          It is better to get a chance than not.
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                            nothing is fair. He gets a chance, hopefully he will make use of it.
                            It is better to get a chance than not.
                            He got his chance, lost the ball, and Costa Rica scored. Well, that does happen, but look at the TOTAL LACK OF EFFORT that went into him trying to recover to pressure the player that nicked the ball off him. Now that is frustrating. He trotted back like he was running with his mom in a 5K charity run. KMT.
                            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                              He got his chance, lost the ball, and Costa Rica scored. Well, that does happen, but look at the TOTAL LACK OF EFFORT that went into him trying to recover to pressure the player that nicked the ball off him. Now that is frustrating. He trotted back like he was running with his mom in a 5K charity run. KMT.

Totally agree, he needs to be called for practice games until he can impose himself. Seems like a lack of confidence more than anything else,looked timid.

Tappa - gets an A for resting most of his starting 11. The 2nd 11 played well in that they pressured C. Rica all game, not converting our chances and some ignorant selfish play cost us that game.

I dont see C. Rica beating canada and I dont see us loosing to the USA. We have a strong team that hopefully can grow into form and chemistry to deliver the end product = The GC.

Comment

Working...
                              X