Stoni : Read as I said for poor nations national teams play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoni : Read as I said for poor nations national teams play

A role. We aren't a first world football power ,those we identify as special need a little cuddling until they can walk on their own. Takes a special coach and program.

Liverpool’s £9m money-spinner and why people should come before profit : https://www.thisisanfield.com/2021/0...before-profit/
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Coddling and the subsequent cuddling is the reason why we cant progress

This is the very reason we cant get the best players even in Jamaica to represent us.

There have been so many great possibilities but they get shunted aside for the special stylish ones who dont produce but get all the coddling and cuddling. There have been so many special ones over the last 20 years, that ended up producing very little.

Especially for poor nations we must figure how to get the best from the field.
    Track and field and cricket are so much easier to figure the best talent as you must produce to get picked.

Funny that our greatest success comes from these two sports by a country mile and guess what no coddling or cuddling at all.

That feels like a Oral Tracy bit! 🤣🤣

Comment

You need to speak from a position of truth before anyone can take you seriously and we have a serious debate. The last time the JFF cuddled anyone it was under Rene Simoes,if you can provide a more recent example please do.

The great possibilities that you speak of that have been slighted please enlighten us so we can know who they are.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Hahaha you are killing me, but I knew that already, no surprise there!

My list of the coddled and cuddled is too long to print and my top ten were heralded each one as the next great baller of the century and each one flopped on club and national stage, as they were not motivated, had no real physical advantage and all believed in the hype to the point of not trying hard enough when hard times lick, as in when they hit the snow they melted first.

The evaluation of the psyche of our players is Mia in national selection process.

Anyway I am not going to call the names of the over coddled and super cuddled that never lived up to the basic hype that is too easy and too negative anyway.

Instead I will submit my own list of the top 5 under coddled and non cuddled players that I have seen that I thought had great potential were tough and savvy players but never really got a good shot at the Boyz team in their prime or not at all when they should have or never even got mentioned for a Jamaica path while the coddled and cuddled were heralded from them leave the crib.

Uncoddled and uncuddled list - top 5
        1. Speedy Williams much as he is now being recognized now finally, laboured in super obscurity in the USL in his prime and most thought Usl is a joke league.this guy is committed, full of desire and is always key man in any starting 11 he plays on. Clearly superior mental disposition.

2. Neco Brett, super producer, always in the hunt, fast, full of desire, contributes anywhere he goes, cant even get a game in the carib cup against St Kitts. Probably the most uncoddled and uncuddled yard player today.

3. Kevon Lambert, another Usl man that when given chance in last Gold cup played well but cant even make this midfield deprived squad, really uncoddled.

4.Devon Hodges only man in Prrmier league history to have back to back mid 20's number of goals two seasons in a row. Very productive , impactful player, couldn't even get a good sniff on Boyz squad. Negative score on coddled and cuddled.

5. Michael Campbell, Boys Town player, skipper, super committed, productive, double doubles on goals and assists, multiple seasons with titles. Selectors didn't even know his name, talent went awaiting at national level not even a little taste. Unmeasurable on cc scale.

Comment

You seem to be making my case,you list them as uncoddled who through no assistance of the JFF some escaped the RSPL and are still being overlooked in wearing the national colors at an old age footballicaly speaking

D.Williams - 29
          Neco Brett- 29
          Kevon Lambert- 24
          Devon Hodges- 36
          Micheal Campbell - 42

The age and the fact that their talent was overlooked or wasted is more of a statement of the need to develop the program where these men could have been ,cuddled,nurtured to fulfill their potential at a young age.

Comment

You Miss the point again, we do need to nurture . The problem is we keep highlighting the wrong talent we nurturing ones that dont turn into butterflies and missing the obvious ones who are very productive and bring results.

All those named above have had exceptional or very good results consistently over time but they are not stylish enough I guess like others so we go for the highlight reel but not the stat sheet and how they contribute to the psyche of the team.

I gave written about the coddled for the last 20 years and today we still have coddled that cant produce at their current pro club level so why coddle, coddle the productive, at the very least it will serve a level playing field so guys know, no national time unless I show some real production and real team contribution, like consistently making the starting 11 at your pro club.

Comment

If you say they need to be nurtured then we have no disagreement in cuddling the youths. The difference is semantics or a play on words.

How we go about it is the issue,I believe we need to call our own when they are in the reserve for their respective clubs overseas for practice and tournament matches ( if promising) . You don't,suh dawg nyam dem supper.

Comment

Almost sane place, difference is I would not call In current case McGee or Walker in squad till they show me two things at pro club level, starting consistency or super sub status and real productivity. That is the bar them have to clear.

Speedy, Lambert and Neco clear that bar long time and Speedy just now getting a shot at 29 after being main straw in his team, two different teams winning three USL championships. No way McGee and Walker should be anywhere close to squad before Neco and Lambert, that is the dilemma we face and why we cannot build and aggregate at a national level until we get close to a level playing field on selection based on real criteria.

Funniest thing is the two most junior members of the squad took most of the freekicks in a game in which we should have been imposing our will on opponent instead we went into battle unready and soft and result proved it.

Comment

McGee : He didn't have a terrible game vs C. Rica ; the thing is he didn't perform to the expectation I expected.
                  Nothing confidence with another game won't solve . Thereby the need for cuddling.

McGee : I grew in confidence!

https://www.jamaicaobserver.com/spor...-defeat_226714

Comment

Cost is too high, real confidence comes from your day job, starting 11 and consistent productivity is entry var to boyz squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
                      You seem to be making my case,you list them as uncoddled who through no assistance of the JFF some escaped the RSPL and are still being overlooked in wearing the national colors at an old age * footballicaly * speaking

D.Williams - 29
                      Neco Brett- 29
                      Kevon Lambert- 24
                      Devon Hodges- 36
                      Micheal Campbell - 42

The age and the fact that their talent was overlooked or wasted is more of a statement of the need to develop the program where these men could have been ,cuddled,nurtured to fulfill their potential at a young age.
                      .........................*footballically*

*copyright

Look for a subpoena from my attorney SHORTLY.
                      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
                      X