RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finishers we need finishers, ten shots and.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finishers we need finishers, ten shots and.....

Not a serious one amongst them! Maybe one, Flemmos shot!

Defense played well except for the goal, made a lot of interceptions and used them consistently to start a counter and also lost some of them with poor passing.

Mikhail Antono will make a serious difference on this side as the front man. Would also like to see Bailey play CAM.

We are too slow in transition and Bailey could really be the critical factor in making that change. I think DJ isn't quick enough (decision making and effective passing )for Cam as I suggested previously.

Moore played well he is a keeper.

What to say we created chances, we intercepted, we played them to a standstill but we are not converting chances, cant have ten shots and none with real intent on the frame, maybe Flemmos. What's that 10% effective shot rate(1 in ten) and 0% shot/goal rate. Hmmm 2nd match in a row like that CR match was the same numbers.

The jury is still as to who is blameworthy for that goal, I am having a terrible time understanding why Blake wasn't even mentioned.

Comment

If we need one man to make a difference in this team we are in trouble ,that is Antonio!

We played well in parts ,failed miserably across the board in the attacking third. Can't give a man rating for taking one shot ( Flemming's). The question we need to ask is why didn't we trouble the USA keeper. The corners were poor,be it the cross in or the positioning in the box. Burke was an isolated figure ,pushed to get scraps on the wings.

We needed wingers that could give the USA hell,be it overlapping wingbacks or out right wingers,leads me to Flemming's. He wasn't a threat on the wings given his speed . Turgot was non existent and Bailey was benched. This left us with an attacking midfielder ,Bobby Reid who didn't link up with Burke or anyone period.

Reid would not have started for me. I think he unbalanced the attack.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I think there us enough blame to go around on that first. The crosser is running in acres of space, is able to deliver the ball without any challenge. Blske should have been able to get to cross or punch it but he is physically blocked and in the melee it falls almost perfectly to the scorer who has no challenge as he is in right place at right time. Blake has some fault on cross but not much.

The real issue is
        Jamaica 10 shots, 1 serious shot on frame
        USA 11 shots three serious shots on frame and one goal

Cant win if you dont take serious shots on frame, we are weak on finishing and the cr game was same.

Comment

As I said coming into the game, our problem lies within the final third. We are not connecting in the final third and we are not taking good shots.

Granted the field was a poor one. If that was a Jamaican field people would be talkin all kind of crap. The field was poor and the ball bouncing like a dirt field. The field looked good but was terrible prepared.

For matches in the Gold Cup we could have scored a lot more if we made better passes and shot in the final third. That goes for all of the forward line with Burke and Flemmings to a lesser extent.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

blake was not physically blocked...he simply missed the ball...we need a proper gaffer...tappa is a mental midget...the team has regressed

Comment

Sass is this the same field Canada played Costa Rica on? This is my take we played well in spurts. Defensively we were good but we would defend for long periods , win the ball and our CMD would not clear pass pressure or find an outlet to relieve the pressure. I think that is one area I would work on. We also didn’t take our chances and goals win matches. I don’t like our options at right back btw, Alvas needs to get fit and Oniel is not ready. DJ has been injured for the latter part of the season not sure if that affected his play, but he got to connect the lines better.

For those who did not understand the correlation between GK height and execution I think the error by Blake should explain.

Comment

our problems go way beyond finishing and the final third...i struggled to find a coherent attacking strategy...boot the ball upfield to burke in hopes he wins the header & the midfield gets to the second ball? where were the overlapping wingers & attacking from the flanks? how many balls were whipped in from the wings to burke? tappa is out of his depth...
                Last edited by Bricktop; July 26, 2021, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Defenders are taught to mark the opponent on the inside(thereby keeping the attacker going away from goal).
                  Blake misjudged the projector of the cross,had he stayed put, he most definitely would have a better chance of saving that shot, only a glancing header targeting the far post would have probably beaten him. Our defender limited the striker's option by forcing him wide.
                  Water under the bridge and yes having one shot on target is more telling.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                    Defenders are taught to mark the opponent on the inside(thereby keeping the attacker going away from goal).
                    Blake misjudged the projector of the cross,had he stayed put, he most definitely would have a better chance of saving that shot, only a glancing header targeting the far post would have probably beaten him. Our defender limited the striker's option by forcing him wide.
                    Water under the bridge and yes having one shot on target is more telling.
                    Rockman what did we discuss last week? This is homework for you. Andre's only weakness is he is weak on crosses because he is 6-1 and will see it late.. He is hell of a shop stopper and agile GK. There is few better but you cant teach height.

Comment

OJ, you are someone who accuses me of faulty reasoning, all along I was hoping that you would realize that my rebuttals are grounded on sound reasoning.Be sure to make a note of it this time so you NEVER again level such baseless accusations against me.
                      A taller Blake would likely misjudged a cross that was even further away, it is a judgement problem, OJ.

Comment

Ok what you saying he has a judgement problem on crosses but not on direct shots.. OK I will work with that.. You will come around.. Tell you what stop parring with X and Don -1.. they leading you astray.

Comment

Again you are missing my point, it is you clearly showing an assessment problem as it pertains to me, and ergo likely by extension as it relates to the two gentlemen you named.

Comment

No I just figure you dont quite get it.

Comment

Working...
                            X