Western clubs plan protest action on Cable & Wireless' Kingston office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: Western clubs plan protest action on Cable & Wireless' Kingston office

By the way: Why did the sponsorship deal with all clubs breakdown?

My sources told me that the deal was agreed to by all clubs! One club then withdrew...for a larger individual deal from Digicel. That threw everything into a tizzy. ...and, C&W thought it unfair to themselves and lowered their offer to 4 teams only.

At least one NPL team is seeking...hasoffered to have outside expertise come in and would offer positions on their board and within the management team.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

assasin (8/8/2006)"Courtney made us know that whatever was asked of the other NPL Clubs in return for C&W's sponsorship those clubs refused to give. In my mind, they took a conscious decision to forego the C&W sponsorship on the terms offered."

Can you then say why these clubs demonstrating if they didn't want C&W sponorship?

Please be advised there is no Portland Club in the NPL.

They way unnu approach thing the NPL and Jamaica football will never be better. As long as food inna my pocket mi alright, that is the mentality around here, not how do you make the league better and provide a basic standard for all involved.

As I said my problem is 5 clubs in the league have all the private sponsors and the other 7 have none. Something is wrong.
      1. Did not take...now demonstrating?

Simple: They want the sponsorship on their terms! Could be likened to "Hold down & tek weh"!

The problem is the clubs demonstrating may themselves have accepted the original terms. In fact, my sources tell me they did accept the terms. Another club that had agreed to the package deal "sold out" and withdrew....making the arrangements previousll agreed "out the window".

C&W it would appear believed that in their interest 10-1 = 4

2. I am also messing up with Stars Cosmos - St Mary, boss!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Neither is Cosmos in the NPL.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

assasin (8/8/2006)and how many experts in Ja you know have written a proper proposal for a football club?

Let me done because when it comes down to it all, nothing nuh matter unless it is business as usual so we will continue with no growth in the NPL for the forseen future.
          1. Why in this global world you would want to limit yourself to Jamaica?

2. Why would you believe if the clubs do not receive a deal from C&W NPL will see no growth for the foreseeable future?

Ofcourse the answer to 1. is: No way should we do that!

...and to 2. C&W does not hold the future of the NPL in their hands!

Comment

assasin (8/8/2006)Neither is Cosmos in the NPL.
            By bad. I thought they had just re-qualified. I had better check the records.

Comment

How can they refuse then demonstrate??? that is not logical Karl.

However I don't believe in equal sponship but what I believe is the sponsorship in the overall level of the league tells the story of a sorry league.

This is when most of the teams in the league are unable to pay their players, most of teams in the league have no homegrounds and can't get supporters for this reason, and some can't even complete fixtures because of the level of sponsorship.

I see this is how unnu want to continue as long as HV, Arnett and Portmore have all the players on their benches.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

You have to ask yourself how did Tivoli, Harbour View, Arnett Gardens, Portmore, Waterhouse and now Boys Town get where they are today...and, a Seba (former competitors in the CFU Club Championships), Wadadah...etc. not make it to the heights of the previously named clubs?

...and, then the bottomclubs must say, OK we are going to do as the top NPL clubs and better...and, do it!

Comment

how them a go do it without the information and proper help?

Communication in key in a free market econcomy.

That is how Data and studies come in to see proven success and how they have achieved. Too many trial and errors without this.

Comment

Please don't ascribe too much to me on this topic. I have repeatedly stated that we need to know why the other clubs did not go along with the deal leaving only 4 clubs from PNP-aligned communities holding the money bag.

Until I know that, I don't know if the western clubs were unfairly treated.

However, it must beclear to many that most clubs in Jamaica, much less the NPL, are poorly run!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

assasin (8/8/2006)How can they refuse then demonstrate??? that is not logical Karl.
                      What if the clubs are using a feign at a boycott' to try and leverage themselves into a deal with rival Digicel?

Comment

Okay my take: It's not unusual for a corp. to target one club

due to direct contact mad via proposals etc. Given the size of JA andthe size of C&W it does come akward. Now other forces are coming into play (will say more about this at length in another post). If it was another country of size and a better economy; from where I'm standing it shouldn't be a problem but this is not the case for JA. It does not look good for C&W targeting teams from one specific area.

Comment

I have not read the responses of anyone on this before weighing in my opinion on the matter. A company has the right to chose what team they want to sponsor. The whole sponsorship thing is a business decision from the companies point of view as to what club they want their name associated. I am from the west too and have been to watch many a Reno games at the Frome Sports Ground. I still cannot support this demonstration thing because the company did not see it fit to select a western team. Maybe C&W just do not see teams from the west as teams they want to associate with their company.

The western teams need to go out and find sponsorship for themselves. There are other companies out there capable of sponsoring them, they just need to do the leg work and sell themselves to such companies.

We have become a culture of demonstrators. Hey, your star balla did not get picked for the national side. Let us block some roads and bun some tyre! Where else in the world yo hear of teams demonstrating outside a company's door because they chose not to sponsor them? Only in Jamaica. . .
                          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Oh yeah? Did not want to associate? Well guess what now? Nuh

Bodda carry none ah yuh phone dem (bmobile)come dat side seeing that the West is not good enough to associate with. The more yuh talk di more mi waan support di man dem. Truss mi mi haff friends deep

in C&W so it cyaan be personal. Mi move roun

Comment

Working...
                            X