Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A JFF that is a rudderless entity.

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/views.aspx?id=219
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

RE: A JFF that is a rudderless entity.

Could youi elaborate on which national team is sitting with no prpearations

David Hunt has said the under 16 was in training for month up on months

Everyone knows of the training of the women

the beach team has been in training

the under 20' are in training

the senior team had a hiccup because of the time between downswell resig and when brown was appointed

which team?......get away from the generalities

Comment

With the quality prepartion we have been having over the past two years do you think we will reach anywhere outside of the caribbean?

We see what we achieve under Downswell, Walters and crew preparation. We need to step up preparation in most areas.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

George (9/10/2006)Could youi elaborate on which national team is sitting with no prpearations

David Hunt has said the under 16 was in training for month up on months

Everyone knows of the training of the women

the beach team has been in training

the under 20' are in training

the senior team had a hiccup because of the time between downswell resig and when brown was appointed

which team?......get away from the generalities
        I am saying none of our national teams have had the Simoes-liketraining preparations. ...and, I am also saying there is not of our national teams that is currently enjoying preparations.

That is not a generalisation.

Let me ask you directly to submit the training regimes...i.e. time spent at training - dates & hours and level of competition used for practise...of any of our national teams?

What passed for preparations of David Hunt's team was a joke. May I remind you that our teams are to be prepared with a target of competition outside of the CFU area. The target must be the quality teams of Mexico and the USA in CONCACAF and the best of South America, Europe and Africa. The teams must be...MUST be prepared for success at the highest level of competitions.

Successes at the CFU level must be merely passing results as Jamaica moves on to go head to head with top world competition. It is a waste to be mouthing off about successes in the CFU. Itis a fact thatour ill-prepared and or our teams with preparations in name only consistently top CFU competitions.

The aim must be...MUST be...attendance at FIFA World Championships final rounds competition- e.g. World Cup for men and women and The FIFA World Age-Group Championships for male and females - and putting in credible performances.

I would argue that any JFF leader that today, long after our 1998, 1999 and 2000 visits to FIFA top championships,thinks and comes before us with talk of having reaped successes based on toping CFU competitions only...has little or no ambition.
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

The girlz did well beyond CFU......if you recall

The Under 16's did well beyond CFU.........lost only to Mexico

the under 23's failed

The senior team did well at the Gold cup.but they are the ones in trouble if you ask mem the above teams is where the administration has been emphasising

lets be balanced

I get the impression that resources are a major major problem.....can this website help?

Comment

George (9/10/2006)The girlz did well beyond CFU......if you recall

The Under 16's did well beyond CFU.........lost only to Mexico

the under 23's failed

The senior team did well at the Gold cup.but they are the ones in trouble if you ask mem the above teams is where the administration has been emphasising

lets be balanced

I get the impression that resources are a major major problem.....can this website help?
            I suggest you re-read the article. The accomplishments of the teams, it can be argued, was due to the God-given talents of the youngsters.

The girlz: Check the RBSC's editorial -http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/editorials.aspx?id=123 - congratulating the young ladies.

Also check the newspaper reports of the coaches as they reported on preparation.

Here is one -

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/articles...the&id=949

Lack of quality preparations set back our young ladies. Imagine if these youngsters had had even 1 year of practising against quality world competition?

The Under 16's boys:

"...lost only to Mexico" - Not true! We lost the 3rd place play-off match to Trinidad & Tobago.

The under 23's:

The coaches complained of "lack of preparation".

The senior teams - lack of preparation

Comment

I am sure those in charge would love to give one two three years preparation..where are the resources to do so

i did not mention trinidad because we were talking about outside of CFU

everyone understands the peculiarities why the senior team did not get much prpearation

we need to realise that there has been some shift in our football product since 1998....more players are overseas and even if we get the best players locally for preparation as to some extent was done unde Downswell, as soon as they get the exposure they are taken away...shelton, bennett, hue etc. this is the football of the world

this does not mean the preparation has been the best but resources seem to be a real problem. Our football product is more dynamic than before. lets discuss the implications of this. do you realise that even the girls, four of their best was in the uSA studying and was only able to join the sqyuad two or three days before the first match.............

I do agreee thre is nothing to replace preparation including games against international teams.....can the website help?

Comment

Yes things have changed since 98 but it will take leadership from the JFF to find a solution. Our teams are much better than they are performing at the moment, and the JFF have to do something about it.

Same thing happened before Rene Simoes came, Jamaican fans began to feel sorry for our players and made all the excuses why we didn't perform.

I remember when I was in college and acting like a footballer a kid ask me "you know football so much and how much worldcup Jamaica have been to' at the time I had just shut up as it was in 1992.

The coaches have to first have a system in place and demand more from some of our players. Administrators have to find a way to keep the teams togather for longer period and access the coaches on a yearly basis. Just a few things to do.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Our teams not having the type of preparation desired comes down to one thing - Lack of leadership within the JFF!

That was the headline of the article that started the discussion.

You just claimed the resources are not present. Boxhill claimed, before he took office, that he was the leader to source that necessary resource.

Our football people believed him.

He cannot now come to us and -(You cannot now come to us) -claim the resources are not there...

...that was what his predecessor claimed.

Mr. Boxhill and his group said 'get out of the way...let us do the job...vote us in and all will be solved'.He went further and outlined in his manifesto the ways he was going to make that happen. Well? Has he delivered?

Comment

this administration claims more sponsorship far far in advance of the former...still not enough though

Comment

Karl are you advocating that the JFF keeps all the teams in training year round even when there are no competitions or friendly games lined up?

What purpose would this serve? This would mean taking the players away from their club tewams during the season.

Simoes had to take the players on extended camps when he was here 10 years ago and I am not sure that can work again.

You might not be aware but the local clubs suffered greatly as a result but we accepted it as part of the overall building process.

Question for you, how did the overall football product benefit from this? And please dont answer with your usual long winded posts which says nothing really, just answer directly and to the point.
                      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                      Che Guevara.

Comment

I think the junior teams should have some sort of year round or recurring camp. In canada the u 14, 16 17 team train all year round albeit not in the same location. Year round is not really 12 month of the year in this sense but from oct to may.. break in may call them back for one week in july and so on. But there is year round program that take into account school and so on. I dont think its feasable for the senior team however.

Comment

Bearing in mind the juniors we speak of are school boys and girls and class attendance and extra-curricular activities must be part of their every day livity.

Unless you subscrtibe to the school of thought to scrap the DCup and Manning Cup competitions as some here do.
                          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                          Che Guevara.

Comment

Sickko (9/11/2006)...you advocating that the JFF keeps all the teams in training year round even when there are no competitions or friendly games lined up?

What purpose would this serve?
                            Do you really think through the question?

Kindly think on this - 1. Do you wish for us to have teams that can defeat the FIFA top 10 teams? ...and, win World and CONCACAF competitions?

Well -How long a period do you think our teams need to improve quality to 'walk with the biggest of the big boys'?

...there are no competitions or friendly games lined up
                            The competitons are frequent! In fact, with qualifying periods and final competitions it appears they never end & that's a fact!

...as to your reference to international friendlies; is it not the JFF leaders who must negotiate and arrange meaningful international friendlies?

Simoes had to take the players on extended camps when he was here 10 years ago and I am not sure that can work again.
                            ...and, why not? What is needed is a judicious mix of training preparations and practise preparatory matches.

You might not be aware but the local clubs suffered greatly as a result but we accepted it as part of the overall building process.
                            The JFF managers are voted in - ...and, one of the precise reasons they are voted in is -precisely because they MUST made the plans benefit the local teams.

I have said to JFF technical people that our "expert" national coaches (...Aren't they all not expert national coaches)

a)MUST open - have planned open - training sessions to the local coaches. The local coaches need 'expert' training/examples on how to 'coach' and improve players and standards of play.

b) Local calendar must be integrated with our national teams' calendar. That is the job of the JFF leaders!

In any case as the standards rise NPL teams will eventually find themselves in a position where there shall be players...excellent players deep at each position on their teams. That increase in standard of play of our player talent pool(s) is directly linked to economic survival of quality NPL teams and thus NPL competition standards.

So what do you do? Deny the players the chance to "forward rapidly" - i.e. improve rapidly -and thus create a'lost opportunity' for more players to gain good professional contracts & for rapid improved standard of play in the NPL...or 'do the right thing' for player, club and country?

Question for you, how did the overall football product benefit from this? And please dont answer with your usual long winded posts which says nothing really, just answer directly and to the point.
                            Are you really serious? Have you failed to see what the 'greasing of the wheels of our football' by Burrell and Simoes has done to...even today...our players cashing in on the marketplace awareness of Jamaica as a reservoir of talented players?

Mass Siccko the current receiving of contracts by so many of our players is a result of that first steptaken by the Burrell/Simoes team. If we continue to hold back our players by being silly - penny wise and pound foolish - the pre-Burrell days will be onus in - so to speak - a flash!

There is a saying -It is hard to build, but easy to tear down.

Comment

SIGH!!!!
                              Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                              X