RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Plays The Better Football - United or Arsenal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Plays The Better Football - United or Arsenal?

Who Plays The Better Football - United or Arsenal?

It is likely that the Feguson-Wenger antipathy will continue for a while longer now that Arsene Wenger has signed a new contract with Arsenal until 2011.
    There is no love lost between the rival managers and a contest between the teams is more often than not the annual football showpiece of the Premiership.
    There might be even greater anticipation for the next showdown due in November as it is now being suggested that United have ‘morphed’ into Arsenal, after failing to replace Ruud van Nistelrooy with a like-for-like classic goal poacher. United’s approach play and careful passing are admirable but in the games so far there has been little end product.
    Nevertheless, United at their best are thrilling. So too are Arsenal. Both teams leave the rest trailing from a football aesthetic point of view. But in their private argument, which team plays the better football?
    Arsenal fan Charlie and the AU editor go toe to toe.

Charlie: It’s got to be Arsenal
    Under Wenger, Arsenal have consistently played better football than United. The Professor is a purist, who has constructed a team in his own image. The Invincibles were Wenger’s vision made flesh. United had to commit GBH on most of the team that infamous day at Old Trafford to bring the glorious run to an end.
    Football at the Emirates is unlike anything seen anywhere else in Britain. It’s sport and education at the same time. The ball stays on the ground and is moved quickly to feet. This is the way the beautiful game should be played.
    Most teams tremble when they play the Arsenal. We spanked United twice last season and humbled Liverpool too. All this without anyone you would call a bruiser.
    Wenger has brought success to Arsenal and done so without compromising his standards. He’s done it mostly with kids. Everyone talks about Henry. Mark my words, he’ll not be the same player with Barcelona. Henry didn’t make Arsenal. Arsenal made Henry.
    Yes, United won the title last season and played some nice stuff along the way. But you can keep your Rooneys and Ronaldos. I’m Arsenal till death. Watch us go this season!

AU Editor: United play football that wins trophies
    Nice try Charlie. Who plays the better football? Is there any doubt? Football is about winning and entertainment. There is no better place than Old Trafford for both.
    Fergie’s team scored more goals than anyone else last year. The team has more match winners and more variety in its play. There’s no squealing from Manchester after a trip to Ewood or the Reebok. United can beat all-comers.
    More importantly, United know how to make their football count. United won the league in the toughest race yet for the Premiership. Where were Arsenal with all the talk about beautiful football?
    Arsenal are a fine team but it prospers when the opposition lets it play. When opponents chase and harry and stop the better Gunners from dictating the tempo, watch how the Arsenal heads go down.
    United are the Premiership’s reference and the benchmark against which all the rest are judged.
    Football may be pretty at the Emirates but it’s gloriously effective at Old Trafford.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Dem nuh see liverpool play yet? Boss de sweetest ball game roll roun a englan a liverpool.

We control the game with balance , Rafa fix the scoring problem , yuh nuh hear the best midfield in the prem is liverpool , truth be told it started with defence.

Now we have a murder forward line...PEOPLE DEDD , DEDD , DEDD , when we buck you a 4 inna de john , arsenal a pick up 3
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Prediction Man U and Chel$ea will chase C.L glory after christmas middle January after conceeding the title race to liverpool , we will win the league by 12 points Arsenal 2 and Chelsea 3rd by 18 points Man u fighting for 4th .

We will win the C.L league again , we will reach the F.A cup Final with Arsenal, we might give it to arsenal if we feel gracious.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Lazie, your oponion is flawed.
        Since the Professor came to Highbury in 1996. The Gunners have played entertaining football, won trophies and consistently being one of the top 4 at the end of every season.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamaica2099 View Post
          Lazie, your oponion is flawed.
          Since the Professor came to Highbury in 1996. The Gunners have played entertaining football, won trophies and consistently being one of the top 4 at the end of every season.
          I didn't write the article it was taken from AU (Absolutely United). The Arsenal writer gave his view, the United writer gave his view. If I wrote it, I wouldn't waste time, it would be simply ... "If Not MAnu, then Who?" As Sizzla say ... To di point.

Nobody disputes what you've stated, but as the AU writer indicated, Arsenal managers and fans bitch when teams like Bolton and Blackburn step up to them, Manu simply tek it tuh dem.
          Last edited by Lazie; September 10, 2007, 10:42 AM.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

arsenal of course....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I prefer Arsenal's style of play.

I think the players are allowed to express their individual traits.
              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post

... and Manu players are prevented from expressing themselves? Ronaldo, Rooney, Giggs, Evra, Scholes, Rio ... all players that willingly express themselves in evry game.

Lets see: Last season Manu scored 83 goals .. Arsenal scored 63.
                Last season Manu conceeded 27 goals .. Arsenal conceeded 35.

Again ... If not Manu .. then who?

Comment

are you asking who plays the most attractive football or who scored the most/allowed the least goals? those are vastly different questions!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                    are you asking who plays the most attractive football or who scored the most/allowed the least goals? those are vastly different questions!
                    Opps, I forget this is a Yardie website. Whats the purpose of being attractive and not getting your 'goal'?

Comment

Di Big Sidee - GUNNERS!!!
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                        Di Big Sidee - GUNNERS!!!
                        Listen, can you please seize and desist wid the big side ting.

Comment

2 different thingslazie...yuh eida get it or you don't!

Comment

nervous?

Comment

Wow HL that SHOCKED me, you have changed as Big SidEEE!!!

Originally posted by HL View Post

plays FLAIR Football and not ROBOTIC Football. I figured you LOVE the Chelsea style of play
                              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...w-kit-0708.gif the wisdom and courage of my mind and the strength and vigour of my body", to enable them to enjoy a better life. I ask God's blessings on our nation. I ask for His guidance on the government that I will lead as we face the challenges of the future. I know that we can't even walk without Him holding our hands. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...aa20b58a33.gif

Comment

Working...
                              X